Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by *Bloodlust* »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:
awesomejen1 wrote: Honestly, one of the best parts about the Twilight movie was the HP preview...sad, but true...
Oh, I completely agree with you. Harry actually almost got as muching screaming as Robert.
I was doing most of it. :oops: or :D or :lol: ?
You guys are soooo lucky! I was PRAYING for a HP trailer and our theater didn't get one! :( And yes, awesomejen1, I think the epilogue might have mentioned something about Hagrid taking the first years...
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

@ skylarblue

McGonagall was mentioned, or so I believe. It seemed like it said that she was the new headmaster of Hogwarts. But I could be wrong since it's been a while since I've read DH.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

It's been so long since I've read DH, I should really go back and refresh my memory. I honestly don't remember anything being said about McGonagall or the boat thing.
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

luv_edward_cullen wrote:It's been so long since I've read DH, I should really go back and refresh my memory. I honestly don't remember anything being said about McGonagall or the boat thing.
Nearly all the stuff that happens in the movies never happened in the books - that's why I don't like them ( yet if you check me DVD shelf you'll find all of them :oops: ) It really annoyed me that in the 3rd one they didn't explain about Padfoot and Prongs! :x
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

Spartan wrote:It really annoyed me that in the 3rd one they didn't explain about Padfoot and Prongs! :x
Right?! The third movie was soooo frustrating because it's such an AMAZING book and they really couldn't embody that amazingness into the movie. Regardless, the PoA movie is still pretty good. It's just lacking quite a few significant "extras".

Huh. I sound like I'm contradicting myself..
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
StarEmerson
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by StarEmerson »

^^^ Your right though, I feel the same way. It was a good movie, but I was really dissapointed in it at first.

It was my fave book, and I was sooo excited to see it. Then they missed out so much stuff about the relationships between Harry's dad and co.

It didnt really go in to how Harry got close to Lupin. I watched once, then didnt watch it agian for a few years coz I was so sad!

I have seen it a few times now though, and I reckon, it is closer to the story than GoF and OoTP!!! :lol:

Which book is eveyone's favourite? Mine used to be Azkanban but I think now it is Half Blood Prince, closely followed by Deathly Hallows.

Oh and I have The tales of Beedle the Bard on pre order, get it next friday I think! 8-)
"Magic Keeps Us Alive"

awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

It's hard to say which book is my favorite...I think it would be Half Blood Prince...I just love that Dumbledore finally opens up completely (well, almost) and we really start getting our answers! But Deathly Hallows is really good to with the big battle and finally getting the whole Snape story.

Honestly, I could find a reason why they are all my favorites though...so I am going with HBP!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

My favourites would be GoF and OotP, my least favourite being no's 2 and 7 followed by No. 1 lol

I think that the movies are O.K as movies but if you take them as a "Harry Potter" thing then the suck sooooooo bad. And what StarEmerson said is totally right - My favourite Movie is the first because it stays truest to the book. The films have just been becoming more and more Un-HarryPottery :lol:
dazzleme
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: At school, watching that pale guy with red brown hair... does he sparkle?

Post by dazzleme »

The fourth movie was definetly the worst. It didn't even have S.P.E.W.! That was really annoying. My favorite book was the Sorcerer's Stone (yay, I spelled sorcerer's right!)
Do I dazzle you?
Frequently.

E <3 B
E <3 ME!!!!!

Taylor Lautner-From shark to wolf
http://www.fanfiction.net/secure/story/ ... chapter=1/DONT ANSWER Q ON CHAP2
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

dazzleme wrote:The fourth movie was definetly the worst. It didn't even have S.P.E.W.! That was really annoying. My favorite book was the Sorcerer's Stone (yay, I spelled sorcerer's right!)
It's Philosophers! :lol: If I'd have said earlier PS would any of you have known what I meant? And does anyone know why they changed it? Yanks do know what Philosophers are right? American Publishers do that to soo many British books.