Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

AliceLauren wrote:But I am so excited to see the movie and to finally read the 7th one. *sniff sniff* And then Harry Potter will be over... and then I need to find another book to read...
Ok then I guess we should lay off the spoilers a little guys =P
maggiepants
Wandering Through Town

Post by maggiepants »

Oh my...I hope you didn't read any spoilers for book 7. It's soooo amazingly good. So many memorable, emotional moments (both good and bad). It's absolutely my favorite book of the series, with HBP coming in a very close 2nd. I only have one complaint for DH, and it is (Spoiler!!, highlight to read) - I absolutely HATED the escape from Bellatrix's vault. I mean, I know its a book with magic, but for some reason, I just really really didn't buy the escaping on the back of a dragon.

I think I should finish GoF sometime this week, so I guess I should expect the tears to begin flowing. :D I guess I'll start OotP, even though its my least favorite from the series. When I read it, I just want to reach in and slap Harry across the head for his teen angst! It so annoying!

Edit - I can't figure out the right color to use, but I figure this one works because anyone that hasn't read DH would have to concentrate and actively seek out the spoiler after the warning.
bite_me

Post by bite_me »

harry potter was my absolute FAVOURITE FAVOURITE book in the whole universe last year . . .

and then i found twilight.

but even though i haven't read them for a while, i still love them.
now whenever i read or watch GoF, i just keep thinking of edward *sigh*

and sorry for bringing twilight into this non-twilight conversation. just ignore me :mrgreen:
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
luv_edward_cullen

I like completely banned internet the week leading up to the DH release. It was so hard not to read a spoiler!!! They were everywhere! I don't think I've ever been that cautious on the internet, ever!
Liv-wa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Liv-wa »

luv_edward_cullen wrote:I like completely banned internet the week leading up to the DH release. It was so hard not to read a spoiler!!! They were everywhere! I don't think I've ever been that cautious on the internet, ever!
I have done that for multiple books... it just doesn't sound safe leaving it to chance.

Is anyone else planning on getting the Tales of Beetle the Bard the day it comes out/midnight?
Click here to join. We need some more of that pureblood [;Image
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

If they host a midnight release for it, my friend and I are going!
It seems I'm going to a lot of late night stuff this year...

And I didn't ban the internet for HP7. Quite honestly I had no idea how to find the spoilers or use forums and tlak to people until I read Twilight. I was an internet noob back then, so I had no need to.
luv_edward_cullen

I'm definitely going to the midnight release party for the Tales of Beedle the Bard! How can I pass up a Harry Potter party?!
RajaniArchana
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by RajaniArchana »

As I'm totally broke during Holiday Season, I'm gonna have to ask for Beedle for Christmas. Oh well :D

Just rented the OotP game and I've almostcompleted it...plot wise, I'm done, I just have to help Luna find her things XD This game is/was a LOT of fun. Anyone else played any of the games?

Team Sirius: Because the greatest love is sacrifice
Team Garrett: Because true love is *electrifying*

Anzo/\Shisana--Jesse/Leslie--Harry&Ginny/\Ron&Hermione
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I won't be going to a release party for the book but I did already pre-order it from Amazon when then sent me an email about it coming out in December.

I can't wait to get it, it will be interesting to read the other tales that JKR came up with.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
chach
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by chach »

omh i luv nevile in potter puppet pals hes a squash!