Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
RajaniArchana
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by RajaniArchana »

luv_edward_cullen wrote:kinda off topic but stephenie meyer's kinda copying JKR with the whole twilight guide thing. that's what i think.

back to the epilogue, it pretty much tied up all of the loose ends. even though it would've been nice if she left it up to our imagination, the whole HP fandom would be begging her to write more about Harry's life after DH. this way, we know what becomes of him and the rest of the gang without having JKR to write a whole other 300 page book to satisfy our need as an avid HP reader.
I kinda of thought the same thing, only with something different... I found it funny how, after Jo talked about having DH made into two movies, Stephenie wnated the same thing for BD. That just seemed...strangely coincidental. *shrug*

oh! Has anyone on here ever read the story "Backwards with a Purpose" on Fanfiction.net? It is without a doubt the best HP fanfiction I've ever read, probably the best fanfiction I've ever read PERIOD...sometimes I mess up and forget it's not canon! (i.e. I go looking for certain scenes in DH only to realize it was in Backwards With a Purpose!) :D

Team Sirius: Because the greatest love is sacrifice
Team Garrett: Because true love is *electrifying*

Anzo/\Shisana--Jesse/Leslie--Harry&Ginny/\Ron&Hermione
Elyse
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Elyse »

I didn't have a problem with any of the children's names. I actually kind of liked them. Besides, even if they didn't flow off the tongue they all had a special meaning. At least Harry's kids did. I wouldn't expect anything less than an odd name for Draco's kid. But I was surprised that Fred wasn't given as a name to one of Harry's kids unless that is James' middle name.
ImageImageImage
RajaniArchana

Post by RajaniArchana »

Elyse wrote:I didn't have a problem with any of the children's names. I actually kind of liked them. Besides, even if they didn't flow off the tongue they all had a special meaning. At least Harry's kids did. I wouldn't expect anything less than an odd name for Draco's kid. But I was surprised that Fred wasn't given as a name to one of Harry's kids unless that is James' middle name.
Same here, I loved all of the kids' names, especially Albus Severus, I thought his name suited him perfectly. I also think (though I'm not entirely sure) that Draco and Scorpious are both names of stars or constellations, so that might be where that name came from ;) Also, I'm pretty sure there was no "Fred" in any of the Potter kids because that was George's son. :)

I've been going abck and rereading the books and I must say, fifth time's the charm...I'm only just now beginning to really understand how amazing the bond between Harry, Ron, and Hermione is. I kind of wish I had friends that were like that...that I could count on NO MATTER WHAT. can anyone else relate?

Team Sirius: Because the greatest love is sacrifice
Team Garrett: Because true love is *electrifying*

Anzo/\Shisana--Jesse/Leslie--Harry&Ginny/\Ron&Hermione
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

RajaniArchana wrote:I've been going abck and rereading the books and I must say, fifth time's the charm...I'm only just now beginning to really understand how amazing the bond between Harry, Ron, and Hermione is. I kind of wish I had friends that were like that...that I could count on NO MATTER WHAT. can anyone else relate?
Without a doubt! And the 5th book is ACE. Second only to Book 3. We were having a discussion some time back about how some people think Harry's ungreatful and doesn't appreciate his friends and I thoroughly disagreed. The bond between the three of them is like no other. It's such a strong friendship. Amazing to read about. It only continued to grow and grow throughout the series.

I remember in Book 1 after the trio fought the troll and the last page of the chapter ended with something like "And from that day on, Hermione was their friend" It was so sweet! And Hermione helped those boys so much! I hate to imagine where they'd be without her. :shock:
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
Alcyone
Has More Hidden Talents Than Aro

Post by Alcyone »

Without Hermione, they wouldn't have gotten anywhere. Certainly not past Harry's broom jinx. Or the Devil's Snare. And definitely not past the bottles, much less into Year Two.
Set by *cullens & converse | AB Type
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

RajaniArchana wrote:
luv_edward_cullen wrote:kinda off topic but stephenie meyer's kinda copying JKR with the whole twilight guide thing. that's what i think.

back to the epilogue, it pretty much tied up all of the loose ends. even though it would've been nice if she left it up to our imagination, the whole HP fandom would be begging her to write more about Harry's life after DH. this way, we know what becomes of him and the rest of the gang without having JKR to write a whole other 300 page book to satisfy our need as an avid HP reader.
I kinda of thought the same thing, only with something different... I found it funny how, after Jo talked about having DH made into two movies, Stephenie wnated the same thing for BD. That just seemed...strangely coincidental. *shrug*
Did Stephenie actually want that? I never knew. It wouldn't really make sense for BD to be split into two movies. DH had to be split into two movies because everything in there was so important to the story that it wouldn't make sense to leave any of it out, that's not really the same with BD.
Dazzled <3
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dazzled <3 »

Liv-wa wrote:I guess the epilogue sort of tied thing up nicely...I just would have liked some more creative outlook on how I viewed their lives.

But that outlook would be kinda void if/when the encyclopedia comes out 'cause that kind of bundles everything up in one snazzy little book...besides if you look at it that way....

The epilogue wasn't completely necessary.

Wow...I have odd thought processes.
ive never heard of an encyclopedia for HP, where did u hear that. do u kno "if/when" it will come out?
..:: Lauren ::..

Why am I covered in feathers?
I bit a pillow. Or two.
Liv-wa

Post by Liv-wa »

Dazzled <3 wrote:
Liv-wa wrote:I guess the epilogue sort of tied thing up nicely...I just would have liked some more creative outlook on how I viewed their lives.

But that outlook would be kinda void if/when the encyclopedia comes out 'cause that kind of bundles everything up in one snazzy little book...besides if you look at it that way....

The epilogue wasn't completely necessary.

Wow...I have odd thought processes.
ive never heard of an encyclopedia for HP, where did u hear that. do u kno "if/when" it will come out?
Well the entire reason Jo sued the HP Lexicon, was becasue they were printing the Harry Potter encyclopedia...and that's her job. It has been mentioned quite a few different places.
Click here to join. We need some more of that pureblood [;Image
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

I remember in Book 1 after the trio fought the troll and the last page of the chapter ended with something like "And from that day on, Hermione was their friend" It was so sweet! And Hermione helped those boys so much! I hate to imagine where they'd be without her. :shock:
Um im pretty sure they'd be dead... lol :( Ron... dead... im depressed thinking about it!
List, Gnat ♥
Liv-wa

Post by Liv-wa »

Jasper<3 wrote:
Um im pretty sure they'd be dead... lol :( Ron... dead... im depressed thinking about it!
They really would be...Devil's Snare would have strangled them before they even got to the bottles.
Click here to join. We need some more of that pureblood [;Image