Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
RajaniArchana
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by RajaniArchana »

My sort of "boyfriend" loaned me the first HP book right after we before we "got together" in sixth grade. I got in sooo much trouble for reading it in every single class while the teacher was talking. XD The day i finished book three my boyfriend asked me out and as I had to write him a note to say 'yes' and I didn't want anyone to know, I called him Prongs. We are our two other best friends became Moony, Shadowfox, Prongs, and Padfoot (me). Good memories ^_^

Then I got out of the series for about four years and just started reading them again over the summer. Now I'm once again HOOKED!

Team Sirius: Because the greatest love is sacrifice
Team Garrett: Because true love is *electrifying*

Anzo/\Shisana--Jesse/Leslie--Harry&Ginny/\Ron&Hermione
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

Liv-wa wrote:I just have a random question for everyone because I'm curious.

How old were you when you were brought into the HP fandom?
I was 4 when the book came out but I didn't catch on till I was 7, when the movie came out. I thought the movie was just absolutely fabulous so I started reading the books too. I remember at my first premier (which was for OotP), there was a python =P
Liv-wa

Post by Liv-wa »

I hate not being to get on the computer anymore [:

I started a week before the first movie came out. I really wanted to see the movie because to my six year old self it just looked "cool". So my mom and I made a deal that if we could finish the book before the movie we would be able to get extra-large popcorn. We finished at 11:00 the night before, so not only was it my first chapter book, but it was the first time I had stayed up that late reading.
Click here to join. We need some more of that pureblood [;Image
luv_edward_cullen

Liv-wa wrote:I hate not being to get on the computer anymore [:

I started a week before the first movie came out. I really wanted to see the movie because to my six year old self it just looked "cool". So my mom and I made a deal that if we could finish the book before the movie we would be able to get extra-large popcorn. We finished at 11:00 the night before, so not only was it my first chapter book, but it was the first time I had stayed up that late reading.
aha cute! Oh, the things we do for extra large popcorn.
Liv-wa

Post by Liv-wa »

luv_edward_cullen wrote:
Liv-wa wrote:I hate not being to get on the computer anymore [:

aha cute! Oh, the things we do for extra large popcorn.
I know, right? My mom had to read me the first two but by the third I was reading them on my own. I was hooked, and I just couldn't wait for her to read.
Click here to join. We need some more of that pureblood [;Image
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

Harry Potter was just starting to get crazy. It was my 5th grade year[2000] and Book 1 was worth like 25 Accelerated Reader points!! I just had to read it, and I did. I loved it by page 5! :lol: ...maybe not that soon, but I convinced myself that I did.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
luv_edward_cullen

*Bloodlust* wrote:Harry Potter was just starting to get crazy. It was my 5th grade year[2000] and Book 1 was worth like 25 Accelerated Reader points!! I just had to read it, and I did. I loved it by page 5! :lol: ...maybe not that soon, but I convinced myself that I did.
HAHA!! Accelerated readers!! I remember I used to get so many points from the Harry Potter books cause I've read them all and they were huge so I'd always be in the lead for the first few days but then I'd just stop reading and fall behind.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

My son's elementary school didn't even have the books in the library so he got hooked only because of the movies. I think that his school followed along with those people who said that HP was evil and all the witchcraft was going to give kids the wrong impression.

Which I think is completely rediculous (sp? sorry the brain is fried) because there are so many other things that could ruin a child other than a book. I think that HP was/is a way to escape into another life/environment and forget about what's happening around you for a moment.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Elyse
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Elyse »

I actually refused to read Harry Potter when I was in Junior High. A few of my friends were reading them and said they were really good but it just didn't seem like my bag of chips. It would have been helpful to read them for Accelerated readers. I remember GOF was worth 30 points. Oh well. I didn't read them until my 8th grade year (2002) and I only got started on them because my aunt and uncle bought me the first 3 as a gift. I didn't want to be rude because I still felt the same about them but their son didn't have anyone in our family to talk about the books with so I decided to give them a try to just give him someone to talk to. Well... I tore through those books like they were nothing and have been hooked ever since. :lol:
ImageImageImage
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

I've been an HP fan since 2001, four out of the seven books were out by the time I got hooked. I went to the midnight release parties, they were all great I have 2 copies of OotP, HBP, and DH both hard back one is the Delux and the other is a regular hardback. They are all ragged and worn. I have DH on audio and I havent been able to stop listening to it since I bought it, seriously I listen to it every day on my car it's insane I can't help myself. I think I'm going to get the Twilight collection on audio for christmas, I'm so excited about that. My like has become too busy and hecktic lately and audio books make sence to me since I love reading. And since I barely have time to read listening sounds like the next best thing.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!