Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by skylarblue »

Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen - I love listening to the HP audiobooks (I have all 7) mine are read by Jim Dale & I love how he gives each character a different voice. I also have the TW audiobooks & I'm addicted to those two.

I like them because you hear someone else's voice and for me especially it provides a whole new perspective on the entire series.

Question for you what are the deluxe editions, I never heard of those before?
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Liv-wa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Liv-wa »

I was done with the first three and I had just started the fourth when the annual breakfast with santa came 'round. The had a raffle there and that one particular year they had the 1-4 box set. (The fifth wasn't out yet) I was so ecstatic when they called my ticket I ran half way up to the podium with all the prizes and realized I had forgotten the ticket itself [: That is one well-read set of books.
Click here to join. We need some more of that pureblood [;Image
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

skylarblue wrote:Question for you what are the deluxe editions, I never heard of those before?
The Deluxe Edition includes an exclusive insert featuring near-scale reproductions of Mary GrandPré's interior art, as well as never-before-seen full-color frontispiece art on special paper. The custom-designed slipcase is foil-stamped and contains a full-cloth case book that has been blind-stamped on front and back cover with foil stamping on the spine. The book includes full-color endpapers featuring the jacket art from the trade edition and a wraparound jacket featuring art created especially for this edition by Mary GrandPré.

That was the description on amazon.
vampluv78

Post by vampluv78 »

you know what i just relized a few days ago. only americans have hp and the sorcerors stone. everyone esle has philosophers stone.
[Image
Liv-wa

Post by Liv-wa »

vampluv78 wrote:you know what i just relized a few days ago. only americans have hp and the sorcerors stone. everyone esle has philosophers stone.
Yea, I noticed that a while back too. I really don't understand why they felt the need to change it.

Question: Who was the person asking if Nimbus was a good name for their cat, and if they should name it that?
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

^^ from what I understood about the change of name from Philosphers Stone to Sorcers Stone had to do with the definition of philospher in the dictionary.

I read that somewhere, I will find the post and edit back with the exact reason, I'm going off of memory right now and today like this entire week, my brain is fried and I'm working on auto piolet (see I can't even spell but you know what I mean).

I can't remember who posted about naming their cat Nimbus, I'm wondering if it was in the movie thread because I kind of looked back and didn't find anything
Liv-wa

Post by Liv-wa »

I don't think so, because I never go into the movie thread.
vampluv78

Post by vampluv78 »

The way it was explained to me they changed philosopher to sorceror's was because her publisher thought us americans wouldnt understand the term 'philosopher'.
[Image
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

vampluv78 wrote:The way it was explained to me they changed philosopher to sorceror's was because her publisher thought us americans wouldnt understand the term 'philosopher'.
That's what I'd heard as well.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

vampluv78 wrote:The way it was explained to me they changed philosopher to sorceror's was because her publisher thought us americans wouldnt understand the term 'philosopher'.

You are totally correct.

I think too it was because philosopher kind of means the same to the English as sorceror is to the Americans.

You know what is funny, I bought the adult edition of the books and the first book is titled with Philosopher (I had to go look) but it would be because the adult editions were only released in the UK.