Canadian thread eh?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Canadian thread eh?

Post by oleander »

KsiazeMikolaj wrote:merci olean :D

its nice to know i'm not the only person with an addiction to twilight haha. i was starting to think i was going crazy :S
i felt that way until i started creating my own army of Twilight newbs. Bit by bit, i've been converting my friends. It was getting too hard trying to chase down the employees of the local bookstore whenever i needed to talk about one of the books. :lol:
KsiazeMikolaj
Settled in Forks

Post by KsiazeMikolaj »

aha, tout mes amis sont des gars pi ils me ditent que je suis un homo cuz i read the books. :/ hard to convert dudes haha and well all the girls i know have already read them so i guess ill be talking to them only now haha.

btw j'aime ton sig, cest cool ca :D
My Latest Sig
Another dude who loves Twilight.
LisaAnn
Wandering Through Town

Post by LisaAnn »

Wow. My french is more rusty than I thought :| I'll have to brush up on it, somehow. I'm terrible with my French.

Anyhwo,
I'm Canadian, living in South Western Ontario. I love Canada, but hate it in my city. It's far too Americanized for my liking (nothing against those Americans. I just like Canadian culture and beliefs better than American ones).
I can't figure out how to delete my account.
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Did anyone watch So You Think You Can Dance Canada last night?

I did, and I was appalled at the way they portrayed us Maritimers when they did the segment about Halifax. Okay, yes, Celtic culture is big here, so i figured there'd be a step dancer or two or a highland dancer, but the people they showed really painted our area in a bad light! They hardly showed any of the bad dancers for Toronto or Vancouver, but once they got to Halifax they showed a ton of bad/inferior dancers. Maybe we can't dance well enough and they didn't have good enough footage, but still...

Anyway, the Maritimes never get their proper dues. We're not all backward hicks, we don't all live in rural areas and we don't all step dance.

Vive les maritimes!
loverboyis
Learning to Love Green
Location: Debating on the Oxford Heels vs. the Laced Booties with Alice

Post by loverboyis »

^ True that :D
But it doesn't exactly help Maritimes get commercialized as the calming, peaceful forest-like atmosphere with rocky beaches; I suppose So You Think You Can Dance was trying to capture that particular, erm, well 'element' lol. Though we are basically capered in a light of Small-Town-Canadians-Who-All-Love-Hockey-And-Sidney-Crosby ... we do have cities that aren't surrounded in maple or pine trees though ... or go straight to work in the Forest Industry.
Cherry-Cherry Boom-Boom - Mosic
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

LisaAnn wrote:Wow. My french is more rusty than I thought :| I'll have to brush up on it, somehow. I'm terrible with my French.

Anyhwo,
I'm Canadian, living in South Western Ontario. I love Canada, but hate it in my city. It's far too Americanized for my liking (nothing against those Americans. I just like Canadian culture and beliefs better than American ones).
I am very bad at my french too! lol ;)
I live in south eastern Ontario, and I really like it there, I live in a small town, so it isn't really americanized, and I hope it never will be, though they are making alot of subdivisions soon, and I really don't want them too!
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs »

Another Canadian here!

Living in Ottawa right now, but lived in the Northwest Territories (town of Inuvik) for four years when I was younger. I hope to get back to visit sometime in the future, so that I can see it through adult eyes.

I hadn't read any of the Twilight books in time for the Breaking Dawn release parties, but I hear they were pretty decent at our local Chapters stores. My favourite location still has the windows painted with images from the books, so I allow myself some interior squealing whenver I go.
silverstar
Wandering Through Town

Post by silverstar »

And yet another Canadian.

I am from a small-town in BC, half way between Whistler *spits* and Vancouver. I am getting out of BC prior to 2010. I'm heading east to Winnipeg, and hopefully be living on the Prairies for the rest of my life.
Words to live by: "If you judge people you have no time to love them"
AliceC
Learning to Love Green

Post by AliceC »

Yeah!! Im canadian.
Well, I'm british, moved here 4 years ago.
But still Canadian.

Live close to Toronto,
Maple Leafs SUCK.
And that's all i have to say.

Bring Twilight Events To Canada!

You. Are. Not. Leaving. Me. - Ian O'Shea
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

Agreed, AliceC!
Bring more Twilight events to Canada.
There was only one that I know of, and my parents wouldn't let me go and stay at my friends house in Toronto that weekend, and I only live an hour and a half away! :(
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium