Singers raise your voice.

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
silverstar
Wandering Through Town

Re: Singers raise your voice.

Post by silverstar »

I'm in my school's choir. I used to be an alto (before I was singing properly) a few years ago. Now I'm most likely a Second Soprano however (although I could still be alto....who knows). I am basically the Captain of the Choir (we have a band captain and I'm like that in the choir. They are just fun appointments) so I basically run the choir practices. I love singing. Choir is annoying though because most people don't sing. They just join choir to go on the band trips. I like sitting at the front because I give people the Stare of Death when they aren't singing which gets them singing pretty quickly.

Country music is my favourite thing to sing.

And regarding HSM. My school did that as our musical production last year.
Words to live by: "If you judge people you have no time to love them"
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 »

singleduetoedward wrote:
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 wrote:The Young Americans are coming to my town this month. I'm really excited. My musical theatre class and the chorus class are all going to attend the workshop. It should be fun. :D
aww lucky! My choir teacher last year was a Young American and they were supposed to come to our school, but something happened and the choir (MINUS ME) got to go to California to a workshop. One of my friends tried out and was accepted and she recently moved to California and is going to tour all over the U.S. and Japan with them. I was so sad I didn't get to go and try out :(

ANYWHO! I haven't posted here before, I absolutely love choir and all music, but especially singing. I took piano lessons when I was 7 and 8 and forgot most of it. I've been in my school's choirs since 7th grade and I'm so sad this is my senior year. ALTOS REPRESENT.
Oh, I think one of my friends went to that California workshop for her Dance group. She told us about that when she came back... I don't think I'm going to try out for it though.

Workshop starts tomorrow... I'm so nervous. :shock:
|| "And I'm a Virgo!" || "This hostage stuff is fun." || ~Forever Switzerland~ ||
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

These people from England(Herrford, Haverford?) are coming to sing with us at church, my new choir director used to teach there(as well as St. Pauls in London), and we are going to have a soccer match later, us Americans are going to pown. I'm getting a bad cold according to the limp nodes in my neck(they are all swishy) any ideas so I can try to sing my notes. Oh and I'm master of first sopranos in my select school chorus/school chorus I'm so happy!
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

As of now, I am very annoyed with my choir and director. The director is basically playing favorites and it bugs me because the girl can't sing. she sounds like a bad impersonation of a washed out over rated popstar. :evil:
And I want to severly hurt some the girls in my choir. They do not stop talking and it gets annoying fast. I'm sorry I'm ranting.
I really like this song we're singing. It's My True Love has my Heart. Although my favorite was last year when we sang Oh had I Jubel's lyre and Call of the Flowers. Both were great.
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
~twilight_princess~
Wandering Through Town

Post by ~twilight_princess~ »

Aw... that sucks.

Itried out for Into The Woods at my school last week, and I hope I get in!!! The bad thing was, I didn't know what a slate was until a half an hour before my audition... lol. Cross your fingers for me that I get in!!

Anyone with a facebook should join my Stephenie Meyer group! Here:
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10202818409
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

i sing along to the radio and my stereo. i was in two musicals at my old HS. great fun!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

I'm so mad at my school choir at the moment. We have sectionals and last week she announced those who don't go to sectionals would have their parents called. I go to sectionals since I love singing as does my friend Linda. So today we had one of our sectionals, normally one of the highlights of my day well guess what it was HORRIBLE. All those people who didn't come, came today and also are horrible singers, messed up Dancing Queen, talked tons, and don't even care about choir. Choir and Twilight are basically my life. They also started singing during Linda's and mine duet which maked me really want to hurt them. These idiots are going to ruin it. my friend and I wre screaming about it all day.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
~twilight_princess~
Wandering Through Town

I understand exactly. I hate when that happens. People should be committed to choir and they should come in!

simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

I hate how no one really listens to our director and then talk in any little break instead of listening to him work wiht another section. Then when he tells us what to singe people are, "wait what part?"
Although it is very awkward being in a women's choir with a male director. For example today we were working on the piece ho tarukoi and he asked us if we noticed how he directed on the word ho, again people were confused, with his hands in a position looking like he was about to claw something he says, "these are my ho's". Cue shool girl laughter and a red faced director. :lol:
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
~twilight_princess~
Wandering Through Town

LOL!!!!!!!! That is too great. Having a male director is really cool though! :-)

I just got into the musical at our school and I'm crazy excited!!! :-)