Are your parents OK with vampires?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jessalyn118
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Are your parents OK with vampires?

Post by Jessalyn118 »

I am still pushing my mom to read it!
I'm really wondering about her preferences, whenever I borrow a book from our school library, she reads it and she has time to read. But whenever I tell her to read my books, she says she'll find sometime.. *sigh*
well, she approves about the vampire obsession thing..lol..there's nothing she could do about it..
because my brother is getting already crazy about it (with my help..lol)..he's reading Breaking Dawn atm.. :D
"It's all about who you know"

"In that case, i hope you enjoy disappointment"

Edward Cullen

LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I don't think my father knows there are vampires in Twilight. Now that I think of it, he probably doesn't know my sister and I read Twilight and are fans of it. I'm pretty sure he has never even heard about these books. I wonder if he really has an opinion on vampires at all. Probably not. He's not exactly someone who thinks about fictional things. He only likes 'realistic things' and rarely reads anything besides the newspaper. :roll:
My mother seems to be OK with it. She overheard me and my sister talk about an article about Twilight (that article wrote something about the 'hotties' of Twilight and only covered Emmett, James and Laurent so of course we had to freak out for forgetting Jasper and Carlisle while James wasn't even supposed to be hot and then my sister started to refer to New Moon and suddenly we were on the topic 'werewolves' and-) and she didn't really do or say anything about it. I guess she's gotten used to it after many years of very emotional Harry Potter discussions. :lol:
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
NKistheshiz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by NKistheshiz »

My parents know about Twilight and I'm pretty sure they're fine with it because my mom wants to read Twilight now. lol
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
Lara Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Lara Cullen »

Well they don't really like vampires ( they think they're scary and evil lol ) but I've explained to them that Twilight vampires aren't like Dracula and etc...So they let me read it =)
Everyone looked up adrenaline rush on Google after they saw the movie. =)

twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

My parents are like, they have this thing where they don't care what we are into as long as it's healthy. Vampires, yeah, tv shows, yeah...but then drugs and stuff, they freak. Not that any of us would be interested in that stuff...but my mom considers like, 'healthy obsessions' and 'unhealthy obsessions'.

Okay *scolds self* Xia, shut up.
Yeah my parents are OK with the whole Vampire thing.
ImageImage
E<3B
LoveEmmettCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by LoveEmmettCullen »

um.. well my parents don't care what are read ( as long as its not inappropriate stuff ), as long as I'm reading. She doesn't even know what Twilight is about, heck, she doesn't even know the name of the book. But she's regretted buying the books for me, because I don't do anything she asks any more, because I'm either busy re-reading the Twilight saga, or I'm doing something Twilight related.
But if she did know anything about Twilight, she'd probably just think it's stupid because it's vampires...or she wouldn't care.
Team Edward? Team Jacob? Phfftt... Team Emmett!
kimmyBEE
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kimmyBEE »

I started reading Twilight in 2005, at Starbucks with my dad. I remember killing the first two chapters in the first time we were there. I've always been a "reader", but I usually don't devour books like that! He thought I was reading something different, I guess, because he seemed so...put off when I explained the basic storyline. My mom on the other hand was pretty indifferent for a while. I guess they both wrote Twilight off as some teeny-bopper book. Three years later I'm still a fan, and they're used to it by now. My dad still doesn't get my infatuation. Especially when I come on here, or write FanFics/Role Play on various sites. He realized that something about these vampires made me write even more (and trust me, I wrote a lot before!) so he's cool. My mom had changed a bit. I took her to see Twilight and she loved it! She thinks these vampires are cute. ^_^
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Bag Carrier
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

my mom loves it she wants to read it too, my dad doesnt care... also he doesnt know what Twilight is about sooo...
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
Blu
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Blu »

My parents think they're foolish; my mom thinks its the most stupid myth ever made and my father hates the word. lol. When I got into vampires(age 11)I would have to hide the books and movies. I love VAMPIRES. I wish I was one.
Team Edward, our Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Veghead Vamps
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

My parents don't care either way. I tend to choose books I like and they just go along with it because I'm really the only one that reads. They know I like the whole supernatural world.