Are your parents OK with vampires?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Are your parents OK with vampires?

Post by Pel »

was just wondering out of curiousity if most people's parents don't mind you reading vampire stuff or if they dislike it. My parents think it's fine, which I am so grateful for, cause if I wasn't allowed to read it Shocked *starts hyperventlating* See, it's scary to even think about it.
Un Fantasma Tra Noi
Settled in Forks

Re: Are your parents OK with vampires?

Post by Un Fantasma Tra Noi »

my Mom is a vampire fanatic, she was the one who got me into vampires. :)
Broken-Mirror
Settled in Forks

Post by Broken-Mirror »

18 here so it doesn't matter but my mom isn't at all strict about that kind of thing. Honestly she would probably like the books too if she ever got time to read them.
HazedInDeadlyPollen
Wandering Through Town
Location: somewhere in the many worlds of my brain...with Edward...

Post by HazedInDeadlyPollen »

my mom doesn't mind that I read about vampires,but if I say anything about them beyond that she looks at me funny.And if she knew about my religion I started she would send me to a mental institute.And I'm not even joking. My step dad would kick me out of the house if he knew how obsessed I was.So they're not going to find out anytime soon.I'm 14 so I have to live in secrecy for a while.

But my friend's dad wouldn't let her read New Moon when he found out it had vampires.So she could only read it at school.But at some point she just decided to read it at her house anyway and put it right next to the bible just to piss her dad off.I was dying with laughter when she told me.
if I'm not talking it means I'm lost inside my mind...
- nANCY ^_^
Pizza??
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Pizza?? »

My mom doesnt like them, but she doesnt care if I read about them.
Ruby
Learning to Love Green
Location: my body is here, but my head and heart are elsewhere...

Post by Ruby »

My parents don't seem to mind. But that's pretty much how it is for anything I do. They "trust my judgement". haha.
ImageImageImageImage
Lizzie
Wandering Through Town

Post by Lizzie »

As I'm 21 it doesn't matter what my parents think anyway, but apart from that they certainly wouldn't object.
I think parents should be grateful if they're children are reading at all, given how obsessed many children are with TV, computer games and stuff nowadays...
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

They're completely indifferent about vampires. My mom literally does not care. When I was explaining the storyline to my dad, he thought the interspecies love was very interesting. He compared it to a more complex and distinct version of issues plaguing the world today like interracial, interreligion, or intercultural relationships.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

When I was young, everyone would always see me go out with a book in my hands. My mom just liked the fact that i was reading. She appreciated the fact taht I preferred spending money on books and not on useless stuff. I once read a book called Can you keep a Secret? for Sophie Kinsella. I think I was 14 that time, and I remember one chapter that had a sexual scene in it. It was the first book I read like that. I grew up in a conservative family so I was scared as hell if my parents found out.And the book had cuss words but it was very very very funny. In terms of vampires, my mom never had a problem of what kind of books I read, I started reading ghost stories in elementary and they were pretty good. I used to also read about changelings and the lot of other supernatural creature. So I don't think my mom would have made an exception for Twilight if it came out 10 yrs ago. I'm 20 yrs old and I live with my dad right now becaause it saves rent for me :D But my book collection is growing rapidly and he's afraid that he might have to buy a bigger/wider book cupboard, which is pretty funny. Everytime I go to the mall, I must pass by Borders. And sometimes when he callsme and he knows I'm at the mall, he tells me to try to avoid Borders :lol: :lol:

Hope <3
ragdoll
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ragdoll »

My parents have no problem with it. They let me read whatever I want. My Dad has always read a lot too and he loves fantasy books so he'd never object to vampires and my Mam is just glad that I read at all (she's a teacher). I've read so many books at this point that even if they did decide that there was something I shouldn't be reading it would probably be to late. :lol: My Mam always jokes that someday I'll have read about every subject imaginable because if we're watching tv together or something and someone starts talking about something I'm always like" I read a book about.....once"
Congratulations to the Irish rugby team!!!!! Grand Slam at last!!!

Team Seth: 'Cos he's the bestest! :D

My quotes forum: http://quotations.forumotion.com/forum.htm