Are your parents OK with vampires?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
yanjan3
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
Location: Happily moving to a world where Humans, Vamps and Werewolves get along...

Re: Are your parents OK with vampires?

Post by yanjan3 »

My mom is kinda baffled with my enthusiasm to read the saga over and over again and my insistent demand that the book lie beside my bed..

and she finds it kind of annoying at times when it gets in the way of my responsibilities, and humorous when she's in a good mood...

so in general she's okay with it but does not understand my fixation with it in the least..
ImageImage
"I rate hot guys from 1 to RobPattinson".
Ichigo Kitty
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

My parents don't understand it because they picture vampires as they ugly, violent and disgusting creatures who are allegic to garlic and attack humans during the night to suck their blood. I'm trying to explain to my parents that Twilight is different but they don't want anything to do with any vampires...
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

My mum was a bit baffled at first, because I've never been so obsessed with a book. I'm trying to get her to read it, but she says she's busy :D
Then my sister got into it, and so are my friends, so she just accepts it now. It's normal :lol:
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
yanjan3
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
Location: Happily moving to a world where Humans, Vamps and Werewolves get along...

Post by yanjan3 »

-Jasper wrote:My mum was a bit baffled at first, because I've never been so obsessed with a book. I'm trying to get her to read it, but she says she's busy :D
Then my sister got into it, and so are my friends, so she just accepts it now. It's normal :lol:
its normal.. yeah... nowadays anyway.. :lol:

mom: your sister hasn't been out for days
me: she's reading twilight
mom: ahhh.. i see..
-end of conversation-

if I had a sister, and if she got into twilight, our conversation would be like that...
since in the house, me and my cousin (a twiguy, yay!) are obsessed with the book my mom probably wouldn't find it too suprising that twilight "has taken another one".. :lol:
ImageImage
"I rate hot guys from 1 to RobPattinson".
iloveetwilightt
Settled in Forks

Post by iloveetwilightt »

My mom and my sister were actually the ones who got me hooked on twilight. My sister read it, and told us it was the best book she had ever read. :D So my mom and i thought that it might be worth a read and when we finished twilight, we were completely hooked. We didn't stop reading it until we finished the entire saga, it was impossible to stop reading at just twilight. :D
Team Edward Forever :]]
"When I told you I didn't want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy."
Sterling Snow
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: chillen with Jasper, Draco, and the people in mah head

Post by Sterling Snow »

I got my younger brother to kind of like Twilight. He's only read part of Twilight, and seen the movie, but I've told him what happens in all the other books. I also got a younger kid on my bus, Max, hooked on Twilight. He came with us to see the movie as well.
Yes, I love Harry Potter. Yes, I am in Slytherin. Will that be a problem?
Team Taylor and Team Robert
I'm baaaack! (and fangirlier than ever!!!)
If you know how to make banners/avatars, please pm me, cuz I'm in desperate need of one!
cullen grl 17
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullen grl 17 »

my parents are ok with me being obsessed with vampires, but my aunt who is very religious gave me a big talk about vampires being evil :roll:. but on the other hand my science teacher is reading new moon right now so me and my friend have been talking to her about the series, and now we can answer a science question using something from twilight! its great!
***But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,
thou shalt not eat of it;
for in the day that thou eatest thereof
thou shalt surely die***
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

My mum read it and didn't like it :shock: not because of the vampires though, she just "didn't enjoy it that much".

but that wasn't really surprising - the only fiction she reads now are things she has to for uni and stuff.

She accepts my fixation, pretends to herself when Im on the lex that I'm on MSN like a normal teenager . . .
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

I find it weird that some of you guys parents read it. I'd feel too weird if my mum started reading it! It could be just because she's always read crime fiction straight and nothing else though :) The only romance she read recently was Atonement.

My mum is cool like I said but she keeps sighing when I ask to buy some new Vampire book of of Amazon. I'm kind of on a vamp streak :D
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
hannaa
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by hannaa »

My mum doesn't care if I read them or not, but of course I talk about them a lot and she is just annoyed and bored to hear about the movie and books all the time :D

My brother used to be like my mum, but now when he saw the movie he asked me if I have the books and to tell him about new moon :)
Sometimes the right thing for one person is the wrong thing for someone else - Charlie
Team Edward And Team Jacob
I'm on the list