Are your parents OK with vampires?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vampqueen101
Settled in Forks

Re: Are your parents OK with vampires?

Post by vampqueen101 »

Ugh... :oops: Where do I begin...

Well, since loads of people in my school were obsessed with Twilight, I wanted to try it myself. So I got it for Christmas, and when I had finished, my mum decided to read it. And then she got me New Moon.
And my friends had caught me reading it at school. And my mum has been lending her copy of Twilight to my cousins and my aunts.

So basically, I had infected my mum, her side of my family, and all of my friands in my class.

But to answer the original question, my mum LOVES it, my dad HATES it.
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

My mum and dad used to ask about it, but now it's normal seeing me walking around with some new vampire book. I can't seem to get enough of them! None have compared to Twilight, though.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

hah my dad thinks I'm a freak for reading the series, but my mom likes it.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

My parents are pretty alright with it, except I think they are a little sick hearing me ramble about Twilight related stuff.

My father thinks that too much fiction is not good for someone who studies business. :lol:
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
ravenGirl2468
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Going crazy trying to find my real version of Emmett or Dean Winchester

Post by ravenGirl2468 »

Well my Mom is all right with me reading them she says i can read them if i really like them but my dad actually told me i cant read them but i still do couse my mom tells me i can but my dad is still not happy about it :roll:
~Team Emmett
Team Carlisle
~On the list~ Karl is my Twi-guy!
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

My parents don't mind the vampires. My mum actually read Twilight before me :lol:

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Kinda. My mum is okay with it and I don't have a dad in the picture so...

But my aunt watched the movie and she called and complained to me how it didn't make any sense what-so-ever and it was the stupidest thing in the world and how their relationship moved to fast and he should have bit her. She thinks the whole vampire thing is stupid but watched the movie because I made her.

I live with my great-grandparents though and they have to deal with me and Twilight. They think I'm a little obsessed because I have the books, I asked for Edward's wrist cuff and the Twilight Director's Notebook for my birthday in 2 weeks, and I have a huge door poster in my ceiling. Actually they think I am loopy because I did a history project on vampires. They don't say anything but from the way they look at me when vampires or anything that makes me think of Twilight comes up I can tell. Plus they told my mum I was going loopy from it all on the phone so that also goes toward the they think I'm loopy theory.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

my mom's fine with vampires. (but seeing as how I was 23 yrs old when I first read Twiligth I don't think it would have mattered too much. I'm pretty sure if it had been out when I was younger since it's not your "normal" idea of vampires she would have been fine with me reading Twilight.) my sister-in-law is the one who told me about Twilight & my mom was the one who bought Twilight. I haven't read any other vampire books & don't really have a desire to.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Wolf-Girl90

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

sarah! wrote:hah my dad thinks I'm a freak for reading the series, but my mom likes it.
Same! he keep's on asking what the next craze is! :lol:
My mum just goes: " Well, at least it's not drugs or something!" :lol:

xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
addictedbooklover

Post by addictedbooklover »

I have a friend who's mum doesn't want her to read Twilight because of the vampires. I don't think her mum realises that the Cullens aren't traditional 'scary' vampires who go around at night eating people...

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D