The Dating Thread -- take 3

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Dating Thread -- take 3

Post by simplymortal314 »

Okay this is my last attempt at writing this. The first time the powercord to my laptop cam out and the second time the lex kicked me off. Grrr! Here we go.

Lena, of ourse I remember that story. It was actually Stanly. Great times. And any eyecandy is yumyum. Call me gluttnous and serve me a plate of eyecandy. =P

Chelsea, I say whatevs forget Joseph. He is now poof, gone. Now go on and dance into Tyler's arms and into the sunset of a romantic movie.

Genny, you are one lucky girl! I have never had a party like that before. But, I did have a quinceanera (the hispanic equal of a sweet sixteen). It was mostly famliy friends that were invited. But the best things I can say is take your time plannig, plan on great music, an amazing sound system to play said music, and plenty of food. Party favours are also good. I'm sure it will be an amazing party. And I'm looking at flights as we speak. ;]

Christine, he seems better. That was a sweet moment by the water fountain. That's the Andy we love. Still there is something up with that boy. I stand by the plan to kidnap him. I wish I were more help. That boy is very confusing.

Psugar, I love choir concerts. I had one too. That is too much PDA for a concert. Reall are you there to cuddle or watch and hear choirs sing? What can we do? :roll: Great job at avoiding her. I can't wait to hear more S news.

Goymer, I know how you feel. I have friends i can tell most anything to, but it would be nice or even more than nice to have someone I can talk to about anything and not worry about it being spread around. Hang in there, I'm sure you and I both will find someone. Funny, i always thought Ben would make a great boyfriend. If he's into choir or anything like that, he'd be my ideal boyfriend. =]

Kristen, yes boys do suck. All the good ones are too old, too young, taken, gay, live to far away, don't notice you, or are oblivious to everything around them. *sigh* Hopefully, Evan will contact you soon and with a good excuse for not doing so sooner.

VK, let joh relize his mistake, I'm sure he will. As for that killer shoe collection, I would like to see pictures. So if I were you I'd be expecting a PM from me soon. =]

Landiana, I am so sorry you had to be in the hospital. You really do just need time to separte yourself from Dale. The harm he is causing you is greater than the good. Or seriously talk to him when he is that nice guy. I don't like seeing you hurt. And feel free to call me Jennifer.

So I had a choir concert today, well last night, so that means update!
Well, Ashley and I were standing in the hallway since it was too crowded in our dressing room and we were already dressed. When guess who pops by as they are walking to their choir's dressing room? Yup, Brad. The following convo takes place. (note: things will be wrong considering I am sleepy and have a horrid memory. A=Ashley, B=Brad, and J=me)
A: So did you actually over hear what we were talking about on Thursday?
B: When? Wait, when I passed you in the hall and you two burst out laughing?
A&J nod
B: No. *looks between A&J* *puts on teasing face* What was it Ashley?
A: I didn't say it Jennifer did
B: *turns with same face to J* So...?
J exchanges glance with A
A: It was about your...
J: my cousins. Well two of them. We talked about one of them and another before and i was explaining a third.
A: Which ones again?
J semi-glares at A
A: Oh yes.
J: And their strange nicknames that were given to them.
B: *kind of surprised* Oh?
J: Suzie started it. It would be better not to know anything
B: That actually explains a lot. It might be better I didn't know.
-awkward stares between the three-
B: Well, I better go change now. *smile* bye.
A&J: bye. cue laughter.
--------------------------------
SO that is progress from the Cheessy noddle. At least I think so. And guess what there is another boy. Le Gasp! After the concert I walk out of the dressing room with wy coat, garmet bag with robe inside, and clutch. I see my friend in the hallway and hug and talk to her. Next to her, but not with her, is group of boys. And guess who happens to be in that group? If you guessed Brad, you're wrong. I did say another boy. It was Bus Boy. He was talking to some of his friends, I saw him before he saw me. When he saw me and our eyes met there was no smile, hug, hello, wave, or anything of the sort. One of his friends then asked him how his new school was going. I did not want to hear any of this again so I slowly drop my things to the ground. He says it's good. That he does nothing for half the day, but has to take some gym classes he doesn't want to. By then I have only my coat in my hands. His friend then asks if there are any cute or hot girls he'd date or anything. I begin to put my coat on. He says there are , but somthings he'd rather not talk about stop him from being more than friends. At that point I had my coat on and am getting my bags from the floor when I look up and see him looking at me. At that point I turn hug my friend good bye and go back into the dressing room and to say good by to any last friend in there. When I walk back into the hallway, he is farther down and with the same group of friends that take up the hallway. Before I excuse myself through I look in his direction and he is looking at me. I run through and see another friend run up to her, and walk away. Now, this may be the vain side of me thinking/talking, but could he have been talking about me? If he was, then he needs to move on. I have. I have no wish or desire to revisit or rewrite the Bus Boy chapter or to write a new one. If he wanted to be friends he had his chance. He still has that chance, but if he's not taking it. I don't care.
So later today is that Youth Choir event. I will be going, so when I come back I might have some Brad news. =D
TA my loverlies!
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

Jennifer: its easy for me to say that i will distance myself from him, but more difficult to put in practise. i mean i sit next to him in practically every lesson, we hang with the same group of people and do a lot together. the problem is he can switch at the drop of a hat, and i have a problem with talking to people face to face. and i dont want to be hurt like this, but sometimes i feel it easier than the hurt i will feel if i loose him. and i dont know whether that means i love him or not. yeah hospital really sucked. i think i might talk to him and tell him how i feel about all this specially his drinking. Have fun at the youth Choir event!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
lovemesomecullensss
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lovemesomecullensss »

CHELSEA:
Joseph is whatever. It is only Tyler that we're concerned about. :]

PSUGAR:
Passing S and getting a shot of that eye candy is always nice hahah. I'm sorry you had to avoid all that awkwardness with your frienemy... That sucks. Hope you have a good week this week! :]

GOYMER:
Sorry you didn't really get to talk to Rosie. There's always next time, right? That gives you more time to think about what you want to say to her. :]

KRISTEN:
CALL THAT BOY! He needs to get his butt home! But you're right, boys do suck! ;] :]

VK:
Awwwww, VK! *hugs* I'm sorry John is acting like he doesn't have a brain right now. What a bummer. But maybe you should talk to him? Just mention how you heard he's got a thing with this Freshman and how you haven't heard good things about her and that you want him to be careful. I'm sure he'd appreciate that you want him to be happy and you're looking out for him. And maybe he really just doesn't know what he's getting himself into? Give him the benefit of the doubt until you actually talk to him. (And PS - you have the most FABULOUS taste in shoes.) :] Hope your church musical goes well today! :]

LANDIANA:
Oh man, I REALLY understand how you feel. You're afraid to talk to him and tell him how you really feel because you're afraid it might change things between you and you don't want that. I TOTALLY get it. But honestly, if he really does care about you as it seems he does, talking to him is your best bet. Like you said, there's not real way to "pull away" when you're around him all the time, and ignoring him might send the wrong message. So talking to him, even through email/Facebook/text, can help you communicate what you want from him. Even if you don't know how you TRULY feel about him, you want to make sure he's still there for you, etc. Just communicate with him somehow and, in talking to him, you might be able to figure out your true feelings for him. Good luck, and I'm sorry you had such a horrible time at the hospital! :]

JENNIFER:
Sounds like a cute little conversation between you and Brad. ;] Any communication is good communication haha. As for Bus Boy... Well who knows if he meant you, but don't even worry about it. Because if you start to care, then he'll be back in your life, you know what I mean? Let him get over his problems on his own. Focus on Chef Brad. ;] :]

Update:
I bought my prom dress yesterday. It is FABULOUS. Andy is going to be beside himself... HAHAHA.
I went to the National College Fair yesterday. And I fell in love with some schools. Like this one in Australia... YES, AUSTRALIA! It's AMAZING. I'm totally down hahaha.
No real boy updates. Patrick and I were going to go to Dance Concert last night, but we ended up not being able to go.
I've just been talking to Andy on and off, nothing new. Except that my dad is totally confused as to why I'm taking him to prom... Haha he was like, "Don't you go to prom with your steady?" (Yes, my father said "steady") And I was like, "Dad, it's just Junior prom, it's not even a big deal..." And my brother was PISSED that I'm going with Andy. He was like, "You're going with a guy who has a GIRLFRIEND!? Are you SERIOUS!? I DON'T THINK SO!" And so he said he doesn't want know anything about it. And I said, "Okay, fine. I won't tell you anything about prom. But I'm going to college in Australia and you'll never see me again!" Hahaha.
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

Jennifer: Aren't choir concerts full of surprise? That's awesome you got to talk to Brad.
Christine: Your prom dress sounds awesome and you get to go with Andy, win-win situation. My parents are like that too, but my mom is trying to be cool. That eyecandy was so cute

Update: My great grand uncle, Paul Harvey died yesterday. He was a famous radio person. I had to sing in church today and yeah. I showed a picture of 'S' to my church friend and she loved him. So yeah a bit sad at the moment but yeah it's okay.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

Jennifer: Aren't choir concerts full of surprise? That's awesome you got to talk to Brad.
Christine: Your prom dress sounds awesome and you get to go with Andy, win-win situation. My parents are like that too, but my mom is trying to be cool. That eyecandy was so cute

Update: My great grand uncle, Paul Harvey died yesterday. He was a famous radio person. I had to sing in church today and yeah. I showed a picture of 'S' to my church friend and she loved him. So yeah a bit sad at the moment but yeah it's okay.
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

The computer had problems, sorry for three posts.
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

psugar: I'm sorry your great grand uncle died.

lovemesomecullensss: College in Australia? RIGHT ON! And how does Andy's girlfriend feel about you going to prom with her boyfriend, isn't that a little weird?

simplymortal:okay........that was random.

UPDATE!On Friday E called me( A's boyfriend whom I like and think may like me) to ask if I had talked to A, apparently she had been freezing him out for the past few days and not answering his calls, although we know for a fact she was talking to O (her girlfriend) because O kept calling me to ask me what this meant and analyze the conversation. I promised E I would talk to A for him and get her to call him back. When I called her she said "He's been getting on my nerves calling all the time. I think it's time to break up!" He was calling because she hadn't spoken to him since Monday! And I told her to please call and talk to him before doing anything because even though I like E and want him and A to break up (they just would not be happy together, and she treats him like crap) I don't want her to dump him like that. Talk about cruel. She still hasn't called him back.

So, last night my friends (H and K) were back from college-land for the weekend and they wanted to hang out. So I went to the mall with them as well as S (my most recently single friend) and just had a lot of fun together, but then K and S went ff somewhere else leaving me with H who proceded to tell me about this girl he met who is basically me but kinkier. She seems really cool so we were talking about the ways she's like me and the ways we're different when we went out to this really great cheesy restaurant I love. While we were there E saw us and came in to say hi. He sees me sitting on one side of the booth and H on the other and asks, "Are you guys on a date?" Both of us practically scream no it was kind of funny. So he joined us and the three of us were eating and talking and having a grand old time and the whole time we were sitting there E, who sat next to me, kept like bumping my arm and shoulder whenever he was about to say something and by the time we were ready to leave he was sitting so close we were practically in each other's laps.

And then this morning I slept lat and missed church but E had aparently called me a couple of times while I was sleeping to ask if I was going to church, did I need a ride, had I talked to A and stuff. So I explained as nicely as possible (cough lied) that she had a lot of stuff going on the past few days and didn't feel like going out this weekend. He didn't sound hurt or disappointed, he said, "Well if she's going to be like that and not even talk to me we might as well not be dating."

Does it make me a horrible person for wanting my friend to break up with her boyfriend so I can have him? Obviously if that happened we wouldn't be friends anymore, not that it's like I'd miss her or anything.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
virginiax7
Learning to Love Green

Post by virginiax7 »

Ok, I'm just sneaking on here in between studying for my math test and trying to find somewhere where I can buy the scarf Freida Pinto wears at the end of Slumdog Millionaire. It's so pretty!

Christine: We want pictures of this prom dress, girlfriend. Chop chop. :]

psugar: I'm so sorry about your great grand uncle. :[ I know this is probably a rough time for you right now, but hang in there, ok? :]
ALL4TEAMEDWARD
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ALL4TEAMEDWARD »

VK: Dude you have such kickass shoes. ;) And that is SO messed up! I hate girls who use guys like that! Ugh. :x

Lovemesomecullenss: Yeah...unless he really does something bad I'll try not to post it. But I have really weird news with him and Abby... :?

*+*Update*+*
Ok Joseph called Abby yesterday and was telling her that he thought of everything that happened with me and him, except with Abby in my place. And then he told her that he had a crush on her, but it was ok that she didn't feel the same way. And then he called her hot, and fine, and Abby got really creeped out, and he finally had to go and hung up. She told me what happened, and I told her that I was going to talk to him. Because that was just sort of wrong. And he doesn't need to be doing that. So he's going to get a talking-to, and if he doesn't stop, she won't answer his calls anymore. :|
And umm...I was also thinking about possibly asking out Tyler soon, bc I'm afraid that Dakota and joe are going to push him into it, and he'll be all nervous. But I'm also afraid I'd be going too fast. I think I'll wait another week os so, but I wanted to hear you guy's thoughts. (er...read them...lol :] )
keds723
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by keds723 »

Last edited by keds723 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.