The Dating Thread -- take 3

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
lovemesomecullensss
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Dating Thread -- take 3

Post by lovemesomecullensss »

Jeez, I haven't updated all week...

PSUGAR:
Well I'm glad you've been talking to Spencer this summer, he sounds adorable. :] And I hope you feel better soon, hon! :]

GENNY:
I've missed you, too! And I got your other letter! It was gorgeous. :] I hope your birthday was fabulous! Anyway, I hope things with Woody are still good and I hope things with Euros get better! :]

LENA:
Haha you made her jealous. That's funny. Next step: give her a reason to be jealous. ;] Hahaha kidding. But that is interesting... :]

CHELSEA:
It's okay that you never got a chance to send your letter. And thanks! I hope all is well with Tyler, as I'm sure it is. :]

MARIE!
Hey, girl! I've missed you! WHAT A BUMMER that Mattson is a jerk... But at least you found out before you got in any deeper with him! Seriously, what a LOSER. Well, no need for boys with school coming up. We'll be married to our coursework. ;]

LANDIANA:
Hey! Sounds like Dale's being a bit shady. I'd be wary, but I suppose it's okay if you start becoming friends again. Take it slow, though, and watch out for yourself, hon. :]

BAC:
School slows everything down. Yes, I see all my boys haha, but I'm always SO busy I can't ever get in a simple moment of relaxation haha. But this year, I'm going to try and not let it be too bad. :]

RUBY:
Good luck dating in college! Haha. ;]

UPDATE:
ANDY: For those of you who want an Andy update (that means not you, Lena ;]), things SUCK. Basically, when I told him about Seth he FINALLY realized what I've been trying to get him to see all along: that he should be with ME, and not CARA. But now I don't want to be with him. Not that I don't still love him, because I do, that hasn't changed. But I have Seth, and he changes things. So now Andy is SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY depressed. He's punched two holes in his wall. I'm not kidding. His mom's all concerned. And now he realizes that he may have lost me forever, and he's NOT taking it well. And he's still with Cara, and that's not good either. So I don't know. I keep telling him there's nothing I can do. He's like, "I don't think you understand how bad I'm hurting right now. I lost the most important person to me in the entire world." And I said, "Yeah, I do understand. I lived that way for a YEAR, while you chose Cara over me every single day." And he was so upset about everything that he told Maggie and even confessed to his mom. I'm sure other people will know soon... But I can't do anything. I still want to be close to him, to be best friends at the very least. I care about him so much, and I love him. Am I in love with him anymore? I don't know, I'm still trying to figure that out. But I know I can't be with him right now. So things between us are WEIRD. And school's about to start... we have three classes together and rehearsal three hours every day... FML.
SETH: Ahh, Seth. :] He makes me so happy, I can't even tell you. I am truly smitten with this boy. He could make me smile on the worst of days, of that I'm sure. He's just so adorable and interesting and fun and sweet and smart and amazing. The other day, he was saying how it's like we're in this whirlwind and we don't have any control, but we like where it's taking us. :] We get so sappy, too, it's hilarious. But it's also highly adorable, we both agree. I miss him so much! I'll probably see him sometime within the month, but I seriously can't wait! It's only been a week, but it feels like a year. I don't know... he just makes me incredibly happy and I'm so lucky to have met him. He wishes for me every night at 11:11. ;]
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Hi everyone. My name's Derek. And I need some advice.
I really like this girl, but we've been buds since kindergarten.
And I told her I liked her a year or two again, and it was weird for awhile.
But we're friends again. And her best friend said she thinks that the girl likes me.
And I like her. But if she doesn't like me, I don't want to make it weird.

And also, I'm friends with her ex-boyfriend.

What do I do?
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
a_n_n_a
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by a_n_n_a »

DudeRocksTheTwilight wrote:Hi everyone. My name's Derek. And I need some advice.
I really like this girl, but we've been buds since kindergarten.
And I told her I liked her a year or two again, and it was weird for awhile.
But we're friends again. And her best friend said she thinks that the girl likes me.
And I like her. But if she doesn't like me, I don't want to make it weird.

And also, I'm friends with her ex-boyfriend.

What do I do?
Mmmkay, well . . . I guess you have to decide if you would still stay friends if you admit your feelings and things to get weird. I've been in the exact situation you are and even though the boy didn't feel the same way, we did stay friends. It doesn't get weird unless you let it. For a while after it might be hard but if she's willing to work through any possible weirdness, you CAN stay friends. You might not want to make it weird, but it's possible. Are you willing to take weirdness over not finding out if she likes you to?

As for what you should do specifically, just tell her how you feel. I know that might sound ridiculous but just say, "I kind of like you". If you're both honest with each other from the beginning it will be easier to get through any possible weirdness. It seems like you're comfortable being together alone so just hang out and talk about it.

As for being friends w/ her ex-boyfriend: Are you super close friends w/ him? If yes, how would he take it if she liked you? Just be careful about that because some people see it as betrayal to date someone if they were once together. If you're just general friends, don't worry about it too much.
ImageImageImage
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Yeah, we hang out alone all the time. And it's been brother-sister, but it's...not like that anymore.

And as for the ex...well, he's one of my best friends. But here's the confusing part: His girlfriend (let's call her G) is one of my best friends, also. So, G says that the girl I like (J) likes the ex (C.) But I havent' heard that from J's best friend (V) who knows everything. So I've asked V, and she says she's trying to figure things out, but she can't. Meanwhile, V's boyfriend, (K) also likes J! So it's really confusing!!!

And J might like C back.

Wow, this is confusing.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

Christine believe me, i do not want to get hurt by Dle again so i am watching out for myself majorly. the situtaion with Andy really sucks. he has totally forgotten all that you went through with him and it seems like he is only concerned about himself and his own pain. I guess that you have to just try to talk to him about everything, because the awkwardness is not going to go away on its own, i know that from personal experience. the fact that he told Maggie sucks as well, if you think that the whole situation will get out. i think that you need to sort out your feelings about Andy on your own, and try to figure out what that means for your relationship. if you want to be friends you HAVE to talk because that is the only way things are going to change at all. it will be hard getting through a whole conversation about it but you have to do it if you want to make things work for you. as for everything with Seth it sounds so sweet, he sounds like the type of guy who appreciates who he is with and what he has. he is the sort of guy you deserve! i am so happy for you on that front!

Derek wow the situation really is confusing! i think that untill you resolve things with your best friend you aren't going to be able to sort out what you feel for the other girl. and i would take what other people say about her feelings with a pinch of salt. i have been in that sort of situtaion before and you don't want to take what other people say about her feelings as truth because only she knows how she feels. if you really feel for her, you need to talk to her to sort it out. but if you want to stay on good terms with her ex i would talk to him first, because ruining a friendship over a girl is not the way to go. it seems like a lot of people like this girl, but none want to say anything. so i guess you have to figure out who you want to put yourself out for, the best friend or the other girl.

My Update
well i realised that I don't even know if i want to be friends with Dale any more. i mean some days i think that we had a great friendship and that it would be nice to get back to that, but then other days i feel like he hurt me too much for that to be mended. not just when we were friends, but i also have some lingering hurt in my hear about the way he broke up with me and how he acted afterwards. it was two years ago but i haven't been able to open my heart to anyonw since then. so i don't know if the effort our friendship takes is worth it. it was always fairly one sided, with me more open about everything. and the fact that he couldn't even tell me that he was in a relationship makes me think that i really don't know him as well as i thought. my mind is in overdrive and i don't know what to think or feel any more.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Thank you...umm...Landiana! (I can't remember your username).
I just met her today, and I didn't mention anything.
Normally, she's the one I ask for girl advice. But I can't now.
And as for the whole thing...well...J just told me she loves C.
So I gave up.
I'll just be her friend I guess, and wait it out.
Landiana
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

Derek i feel bad that the thing with J isn't working out so far. i guess waiting is the only thing you can do - who knows she might realised that C isn't the one for her. as for your best friend the only thing you can do is talk to her. you don't have to do it face to face if you think that it is going to be difficult but you can't let yourself be trapped in the situation - you will do yourself no good at all, i know i have trapped in that sort of situation too many times. if she values your friendship she will stay friends with you no matter what her feeling are, and you just have to be brave!!!!
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Thanks Landiana.
When school starts up again, I'll ask her about him more. See them together, and how crazy she is about him. Because I can tell with her, whether or not I should try. Because I know when she's really crazy about a guy.
Landiana

Post by Landiana »

Derek its always good to have a plan. just keep in mind, if she is crazy about him doesn't mean that she will be forever, and girls are liable to change their minds at any moment. just keep on showing her you are the guy she should be with!!
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Thank you for the dating advice, Landiana!
You truly rock for that.
Well, I'll give you guys any updates, if anything happens.