The Dating Thread -- take 3

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
holdencaulfield
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Dating Thread -- take 3

Post by holdencaulfield »

Holden's Update:
Hey everyone, sorry that I didn't respond earlier, I just kind of forgot. Well this is typical, but it happened. So this girl "A" told me that she couldn't meet with me on Wendesday because she was hanging out with a different friend, so we didn't get to meet and that made me really dissaponted, because I was really looking forward to meeting with her (even though it wasn't a date). So now let me feel you in on what happened last Sunday evening. I was in my room reading (looking not very good I might add, because I wasn't planning on doing anything, and my door slams open and there's my sister, "A" and her boyfriend. As if that wasn't bad enough I had to hang out with them for about an hour (to be polite). It was really painful to have to see her there with her boyfriend, but of course after relating this to my family they all tell me I'm being a baby and I should get over it. It was a very awkward night, because how would you be acting too if you were in that situation? So I texted her the night afterwards and apologized, and she said I didn't have to so that was okay, but she hasn't texted me back since Monday and that's frustrating. I'm going over to her house for Independence Day tomorrow, (her boyfriend will not be there) and that should be interesting, I just hope it's not awkward. So that's my update, sorry to not respond to anyone elses.
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

Update: Just going to update. I'm talking to Spencer(Yay!) on FB(well he just signed off). Spencer is moving for a year or so(My area has a really good school district/ expensive, except I've lived here all my life when it hasn't been the best so yeah) unfortunately. I decided not to tell him because he is moving back and he will be close by. We are having this long conversation and my computer is failing and can't keep up. He is so awesome. I go to England tommorow! I will miss you guys terribly :cry: . Can I have a hug before I go? Love you guys, I will be back on the 21st, I will probably wait a day to get on the internet possibly. See you guys thenish. I love Spencer and he is going to take to me soonish, he said.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

psugar: yay on talking to Spencer! boo on his moving. Yay England
holden: that sounds extremely suckish. I'm sorry.

my update: don't really have one. Turns out all my mom's talk of "movign back to Washington, someday" has realized itself. I leave mid-August. Therefor there is no point in persuing a relationship with any of the crushworthy guys I seem to be surrounded with. That and the fact that of the two main guys I've liked since forever one is in jail and one is going overseas I don't have much heart for flirting and accepting drinks, and discussing books and movies with random cute guys.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
holdencaulfield

blasphemous_contessa: No, it really isn't the best situation, but it could be worse I guess.

psugar: Have a nice time in England =]

Holden's Update:
Well I was texting 'A' last night and everything seemed pretty normal, in fact the way that it usually is between me and her, so that's good, I'm please that everything went well in that regard. I'm going to her house tonight (with my family, and a few other people I don't know) for Independence Day and hopefully that will go well and there will be no awkwardness or anything of the like. That's it. =]
goymer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by goymer »

I'm alive!!! So yeah, not posted for a while, entirely because I've had NOTHING to post about. But the last few days have had muchos drama, so I shall attempt to explain all that in due course. But first some small updates about all the girls I'm NOT going to mention in the big update:

Anna: Not seen each other for quite a while. Probably to do with the fact that before my army course, when I could go training, she had exams. And during the course I was too tired to go.

Lisa: Been working a few times, no awkwardness. Just friends.

Rosie: Not had any shifts at the same times recently, but there was no awkwardness just after the whole balloon incident.

Now, for the MAJOR update, and this is gonna be a biggie, so settle in and enjoy (or not).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART 1

This all starts on thursday night, with an MSN conversation I was having with Rini. (real name Rebekah for those who've forgotten) So it was going as usual up to midnight, a quick flurry of talk for ten minutes then it dies when neither of us can think of anything to say. So I decide at 1am to buck the trend and restart the conversation, to which she replies, completely out of the blue, telling me that her fiancee's been cheating on her.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That is quite literally what my face was like. I was in complete shock. This was a guy who everyone; her, all her friends, her family, and me; thought was going to be "the one". Turns out he'd been ordering prostitutes online, spending money that should have been going towards rent for the flat he and Rini were going to be sharing. So I try to keep the convo going, basically smiling and nodding, until she says that all she needs is a hug and to get drunk. Me being the broke, teetotaler that I am, I couldn't really help with getting drunk, but I did offer to cycle to hers, which would have been at least an hour at 1:30 in the morning, just to give her a hug. I genuinely would have done if she really wanted me to. As it turns out I wasn't needed, but we didmeet up (as well as a few other friends of hers) round hers the next day. We were all supposed to arrive at 10, i got there at 10:30 thinking "dammit, I'm late :x ". Turns out I was the first one there. I wish I'd taken the chance I had between me getting there and the next person showing up half an hour later to properly talk with each other. But no, I do my usual thing; keep quiet, let her do most of the talking, only speaking when I actually have something to say. I find out during the day that, because she's now split with this guy, she's gonna be moving to Oxford with the rest of her family who were already going. That and the awful news (for me, anyway) that, until the move in a few months, she's not planning on dating anyone at all. I've been wanting to talk to her alone since I left hers on friday, but I've not had the chance yet. I went straight from hers to football, then straight down the pub. Saturday I had to work then went out to a friends girlfriends eighteenth celebrations (more about that later). And today I was working, and she's now spending the night at one of my mates, one of her ex's who I *think* still might have feelings for her, apparently getting very drunk. Why am I quite so worried about what might go on between them? I'm hoping that he still feels sore about how they broke-up (she left him whislt he was having an emergency apendectomy (appandix removal) and before he'd been discharged from hospital she'd already slept with another guy) but I just can't be sure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now for PART 2, which revolves around the aforementioned eighteenth birthday.

Me being here, but no-one noticing kinda didn't help. I only got invited the night before at the pub! Anyway, the party started out at her house. It mostly centered around the bouncy castle that'd been hired (teenagers + alcohol + bouncy castle = mayhem!) If you remember, I've got a big crush on a girl called Sarah. Well guess what, she was there! So in my own too subtle way, I try to spend as much of time either talking to or near her. It obviously didn't work, as later in the evening she ended up making out with another guy. That hit me like a kick to the stomach. But I put a brave face on and, to be honest, by the time we left at midnight ot go clubbing, I'd forgotten all about it. The clubbing didn't got that well. The bouncer at the first place we went to wouldn't let me and another guy in because our passports had expired. Which is fair enough, because after it's out of date it's no longer a legal document. I got lucky there because the guy I was with managed to sweet talk the bouncer into letting us in. One disaster narrowly averted, but another was just around the corner. The next (and last) place we went to also rejected me. This time there was gonna be no way of talking this bouncer into taking pity on me, despite the fact he's a helluva lot less thorough than the other guy. He was only looking at the year that it expired, the other guy who got rejected in the other place was allowed in, despite his being 4 months out of date. Fortunately for me my mate Scott, my ride to the party and then to work this morning, was kind enough to not go into the club and stay with me outside. We ended up getting a taxi back to the original house and spent the night there. Between then I found out that Sarah had gone to the beach with the other half of the party (see, this WAS leading somewhere :D ). Going to the beach was what Scott had wanted to do originally, but he only went clubbing because his clingy gorlfriend bugged him so much to go with her. If I'm honest, I'm one of those people who just goes wherever the person they know best goes. I didn't know most of the people at the beach, so I went into town where I knew more. So I'm now annoyed with Scott's girlfriend for demanding he be with her all the time, and with myself for not being brave enough to try and spend more time with a girl I like and for having a useless ID.

So that's it. I now feel awful for coming within an inch of ruining someone elses birthday, and for having a crush on one girl who plainly isn't interested, and another who has actually told me there might have been a chance of us, but that's all gone to hell now. I f**king hate my life sometimes :cry:
"Leah, you don't like me. I don't like you"
"Thank you Captain Obvious"

NBOAD and proud (ish...)

Part of the Gen Y Lexily
holdencaulfield

goymer: Well that's really unfortunate about your friend Rini, actually that's very sad, but at least she is doing the right thing and getting out of that relationship (there are some people who will actually hold on to people like that). And I think that you handled that fine, at least in how you talked to her and tried to comfort her. I don't see how you 'ruined' someone party, (but that may be because I'm so tired lol). I wouldn't worry too much about that girl Sarah not liking you, I know how that can be upsetting, but to use the cliche, it must not have been meant to be. Just a side note though, people who often will just 'hook-up' with people at parties, aren't always the best people to be in relationships with. Because for them relationships tend to not be as 'faithful' as they might be for others. Just my opinion though. Don't hate your life though, it really is saddening when all you want is love, and you look so hard for someone to be with, but you can't seem to find someone. But if it's meant to be, someone will be put in your path sooner or later. You may have to wait a very long time, but just remember that it will be worth it in the end, and you don't want to just get someone who you would rather not. That's the only advice that I can give you, I hope it helps.

Holden's Update:
I just thought I would update on my activities on Independence Day yesterday. So I went over to 'A's house with my family and her family and a few other people and we lit off fireworks. I didn't get to talk to 'A' a whole bunch, but we got to talk for at least 15 minutes just one on one, and I have to say that I had a really nice time, and it was a nice evening.
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

Goymer First of all, nice to see you back! :D I feel really sorry for your friend Rini! That guy sounds like a total w*nker! At least she didn't marry him though, that would have been a huge mistake. It sounds like you're being a good friend though and that's what's important! :D As for the party, I'm sorry about Sarah! I know there's nothing worse than seeing someone you like getting off with someone else. Totally infuriating! At least there was a bouncy castle though! :D I'm sorry the after-party plans didn't go so well! Scott's girlfriend did seem like a pain! What's wrong with your ID? Is it a dodgy fake?I wouldn't totally rule out Sarah if I was you. I mean, who hasn't gone to a party, got leathered and pulled someone they rather hadn't? It could have just been a total random snog that had no relevance to her feelings! :D

Holden I'm glad you have fun on Independence day! Americans sound like they have fun holidays! I still don't have a clue what Thanksgiving is though! I should probably deal with it! Back to A, do you have any idea if she likes you a little more than a friend?

Blasphemous_Contessa Is it good or bad that you're moving back to Washington? I think you're right about your decision not to try and start anything! Sods law though, you'll meet someone perfect! :lol:

Chelsea Tell us everything!! :D

Up-date Woody's back! :D He left me a really nice comment actually on Facebook! I'm contemplating ringing him as well to get the full gossip but I haven't worked up the nerve! :oops:
Anyway, quite big gossip from my sisters 21st! Mostly hook-ups that everyone found out the next day! (Let's just say I was right to give the hay bails a wide berth...) So apparently, this girl Megan is friends with was in the porta loo and she heard two guys standing outside and this was the conversation she heard:
Guy #1: See any girls you like then?
Guy #2: A couple! I don't know most of them though!
Guy #1: Who’s that girl with Meg, the one on the purple top with curly hair?
Guy #2: Her step sister I think!
Guy #1: She's fit.
Guy #2: She's also underage.
Guy #1: Gutted. Oh well, let's just hope she's at Meg's 22!
They'd left by the time she got out though! I thought it was quite amusing actually. Maybe I should dig that outfit out again! :lol:
I'm off to my music festival on Monday and I'm so excited it's insane! I went shopping today and bought the cutest pair of shoes you've ever seen! I think I might put them on now... :D
Anyway, I think I will ring Woody! I do miss talking to him!
Love you all
xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
ALL4TEAMEDWARD

Post by ALL4TEAMEDWARD »

Wolf-Girl: Well since u seem to be the only one paying attention at the moment, I'll get right on that. lol ;)

*+*Update*+*
Well, in short, it was fun. But in 'long'...it would take forever, so I'll just go over the highlights of the day.
A few min after we got in the pool, Tyler preceded to say I looked beautiful, and I was like, "Ohhh, stop it...", and he said, "Well, you are."(AWWW! :D ) His cousin, Bill, is going to take Tyler and his mom to Myrtle Beach, and Tyler's mom asked, jokingly, "You wanna live in Myrtle Beach, Tyler?" and I said to him, "You'd better not move to Myrtle Beach.", and he said, "I won't leave you..."(double AWWW!) This one's kinda weird, but...Tyler noticed his mom had tanning lines, and I was standing there talking to his mom and Bill, and Tyler was like, "Do you have those?" And he was moving the strap on my bathing suit over and I was like, "Stop it!" And I gave him a look. (I only yelled at him bc that was really inappropriate) Then his mom and Bill were making jokes about him doing that bc he wanted to see my chest, and I knew that wasn't what he was thinking, but it was just so dang funny. LOL Then, his mom was telling Bill that my hair looked really pretty down(I almost always have it in a ponytail), and they were begging me to take it down, so I started to. But Tyler tried to help and he started to take the scrunchy out of my hair, and I spun around and said, "Quit it. That is the only way you could possibly piss me off." he backed off and everyone burst out laughing. :lol: A while later we left and his mom pulled up to my house. Tyler leaned in to hug me and I kissed him, pretty much as i was getting out of the car. :oops: Then, he walked me to the door and I hugged him and said, "I love you." and then kissed him again before I went inside. :D He seemed happy...well mostly bc I hadn't kissed him since his birthday, and hadn't wanted to earlier that day bc it was kinda awkward in his mom's car... I felt bad about it so I decided to. ;)
well that's pretty much all the important, adorable, and hilarious things that happened on Friday. So, I'll TTYL. Byes~

(PS: HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! since I wasn't on that day and...Tyler called on Sunday and asked if we could do something this week so...yay? lol I hope we do something...since Abby is at camp for a whole week :P)
goymer

Post by goymer »

Thanks for the support guys, but I think this is only going to get worse before it gets better. I've just sent this e-mail to Rini:
First of all I just need to say, Holy Freaking Cow I'm sending an e-mail! This never happens!

Okay, now to get serious. I've read your new blog and your last DA entry, and my only thought was "Oh What on earth does fornification under consent of king have to do with this?". That's an "Oh What on earth does fornification under consent of king have to do with this?, there really is no chance of 'us' ever happening", and that really hurt to think. So I'm sorry if this makes things more complicated or makes you feel like crap, but I really don't want to miss out now you're single. My biggest regret in my entire life (seriously) is not asking you out before Dave did, and I don't want to let that happen again.

I'm honestly scared shoot about what I'm thinking and feeling, and by just how much I miss you, even after 5 days. I know I'm being incredibly selfish by saying all this now (brilliant bloody timing, eh?) but it's kind of been building from when you first met Dave. Yeah, I'm surprised I've been able to keep my mouth shut quite this long too!

So I'm sorry for what I've just said, and for the way I've said it. But at least an e-mail is better than Facebook! If I'm not online when you read this, you've got my mobile no. Please call or text me because I really need to talk about this with you.

-Goymer
So, unless the response to that is "We'll try and work something out" (at which point I'd probably be euphoric!) whatever she says is going to hurt. A lot. I'll accept whatever that may be, but it would still kill me inside.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: It did hurt, even more than I was expecting. I think her words were "No. Just no. Now. Back. The. F**k. Off." Why did it take me until she told me that for me to realise it was selfish, insensitive, naive and just completely the wrong thing to do. Just kill me now, PLEASE.
"Leah, you don't like me. I don't like you"
"Thank you Captain Obvious"

NBOAD and proud (ish...)

Part of the Gen Y Lexily
holdencaulfield

goymer: That's to be expected, but it's good that you realized what you did was wrong. I'm not here to be your parent or anything, but you should realize now that what you did was inappropriate and rude. I probably don't have to tell you why. I would suggest just leaving her alone for about a week, and then calling her and apologizing, and letting her know why you're apologizing to her and what not.

ALL4TEAMEDWARD: It sounds like you had a nice date with Tyler, actually it was a very nice update to read, because you seem like the only one here who is having a good love life lol! Are you dating Tyler? I'm sorry I seem to have forgotten.

Wolf-Girl90: Thank you. That's actually the first Independence Day that I have done fireworks on in probably eight years or something like that lol! And Thanksgiving is basically just a holiday where people get together with their close family, sometimes friends and have a really big dinner (almost always it has to have turkey), and that's basically all it is lol.

Holden's Update:
Not much of an update, not really. Just talked to 'A' on the phone a minute ago. She told me that she still really likes her boyfriend, and they're both upset about having to go to college far away from each other. She told her boyfriend that she and him should take a break once they go to college, and if things are meant to be they will get back together later on in life. So basically they are breaking up as soon as he goes to college. (So no Genny, she doesn't see me as anything more than a friend.) And it hurts, it really does. I've always wanted to be that one who someone really cares about, and they are sad to have to see go, and are sincerely upset (like 'A' was on the phone). I don't understand. I wish 'A' liked me, but like I've said before, I'm fine with being her friend, and I know that's all I can be for her, and that's all I'm going to be. I'm okay with what I am, and I actually kind of like it. But I just want for once to love and be loved.