The Dating Thread -- take 3

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
holdencaulfield
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Dating Thread -- take 3

Post by holdencaulfield »

Hey everyone. It's me Holden. I'm back - again. I know I'm always on and off, and I guess it just depends on my mood. But I'm back again. As many of you know I'm now a Freshman in college. Yea it's okay, but I don't know, I haven't been here for that long. I wanted some advice/opinions on this situation I had here. And yes I do plan to update regularly, I need this as an outlet to vent, and to write out my thoughts.

Anyways, as many of you know, when I meet a girl I like, I fall hard and fast for her. Well since I'm at college, barely know anyone, this is even more true. I'm lonely and it's just strange to lose all you're friends all of a sudden, because they are all gone. I met this girl, her name is 'E'. I met her at the table during dinner, and she seemed really nice. She kept going out of her way to talk to me, and what not. So after dinner (this was at about 6:00pm) I hung out with her in her room until about 9:00pm, and we just talked and it was great. I really started to like her. Well sure enough as my luck would be, she has a boyfriend. So that sucks, but I thought maybe she will break up with him, she said she was having problems. As she lives far away from him. Anyways next day (Wednesday) I find her up on my floor looking for me about 5:30pm, so we go for a walk, and hang out until about 10:30pm, sometimes alone, other times with people.

However that night I got upset (because I figured I wouldn't be able to date her) and I texted 'J' who had been hanging out with us off and on the past two days. I told him my problem and asked him for advice. He told me it was probably best to just lay off. I figured he was probably right, it upset me, but whatever. Today I see them at lunch, and E is barely talking to me and what not. Even when she was it was like the last two days didn't even happen. Very brief and to the point. Meanwhile, her and J were acting all cutesy and flirting a bit. I let it go. However tonight I started hanging out with them again. I went to go do some laundry and texted E asking her how things are with her BF, she says that they are wonderful and they worked everything out. Great. That was not good for me, but it's what I expected. I come back down and she's resting her head on J's shoulder. I turned around finished my laundry and now I'm about to go to bed.

Probably nothing is going on between them. They're both probably just being friendly. I'm probably overlooking this. But the fact that J knows I like E, would make me think that he would at least be a little more subtle around me, lest my sensitive feelings be hurt. Anyways so looks like things with E are done, although they never were. I should mention that I've only ever had one real relationship, girls generally don't give me the time of day, I've had a terrible time finding someone special, and I really would just like a girlfriend who would treat me with respect and who I could have a meaningful relationship with.

Thoughts?
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

Christine i am so increadibly happy for you that things are working out with Seth - i really think that you deserve this. i'm sure that it will all work out and the two of you will figure out what you are to each other.

bac i think your daughter's situation is so cute - little kids are so funny about that. my brother is 9 and he is in the "ew girls!" phase - its so funny! and your eleven year old will tell you when she's ready - a lot of the time girls that age are just a bit embarrased

Genny you are so so lucky! meeting a member of the royal family has got to have been a highlight. its a shame your holidays are getting in the way of your relationship, but at least you are getting a chance to go away from home. its good that you are over Euros - i promise to never let you mention it again. you to know that you and Woody are talking to each other on the phone though!

psugar its good that you and Spencer are talking to each other again - it doesn't matter that you took the first step, because its all worked out. don't owrry about starting high school - you'll be fine. lol - your friend thinks you are like the jonas brothers - you could use that as an advantage!

conzoni al vento ah the fake conversations with people who you don't really like. they are so amusing.

Holden good to see you back on the thread! i don't think that you are being sensitive, i think anyone would react to the situation with confusion and hurt. i think that this girl sounds fickle, and that she is trying to get the sort of comfort you would get from a relationship from other people because of the fact that her boyfriend is so far away from her. i do think that your friend was a bit underhanded telling you to back off and then trying to get involved with her in some way. i think that they are probably being friendly, but you never know. i honestly think that you will find a girl who is right for you when the time is right. i think that you are introverted, and so you might need to get out there a bit more to find someone.

my update
so not much on the relationship front at the moment, swimming lessons start back up next week, so i will see how things stand with Luke then.
on a very postive note i got my GCSE results yesterday, and i am so so pleased - i got 9 A*'s and 4 A's - so much better than i had ever hoped for. so i am on a major high!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
ALL4TEAMEDWARD
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ALL4TEAMEDWARD »

Sorry I haven't been on AT ALL lately. I've been getting ready for high school and cleaning my room and whatnot...it was sorta time consuming. I started school on Wed. so that didn't help much on time either. :|

I don't really feel like building up to this so here goes:

Tyler broke up with me this morning. It was a totally random thing...we never had any problems I knew about, and he never told me there was anything wrong...it was just...out of the blue. I walked in at school (the front room is always REALLY crowded) and made my way through the throng of students. I came up behind Tyler and hugged him(scared the crap out of him too). Anyways, a few minutes later he and Dakota kept turning away from me and whispering. I knew something was up. Then Dakota was all like, "I should go..." and he made Joe leave too. Then Tyler looked at me really uncomfortably and said, "I don't like having to tell you this......."(I knew it was coming then, but I was still hoping it was something else...) "But, I think we should just be friends...I don't want to date the same girl all through high school...I hope we can still be friends though..." After that I hugged him and walked away... I didn't know what to do, and Abby wasn't there...I've honestly never felt so alone in a crowd that big. It was awful, and for a while I felt like there was this burning hole in my chest...if that makes any sense. But I told Kalla and she thought the excuse he gave was lame as crap, which I agree with. She's wanting to beat him up, but I'm doing my best to keep her from doing that. I can't say I'm mad at him...I just think his excuse was really lame. I'm gonna talk to him on Monday and see what he'll tell me. Dakota's doing all he can for me too...he's supposed to talk to him and see if he can get a better reason... So far everyone's extremely pissed at Tyler, and Abby told me that in Spanish she told him that she wasn't going to pester him bc everyone else probably had already. He said thank you like 3 times and evidently he looked awful. Abby thought he felt really bad bc everyone had been saying, "Why'd you break up with Chelsea??? You're so mean!" etc. etc. I'm pretty much fine though...it's not like I'm gonna die or anything...it was just a really crappy day. :(

I'll try to get on more when I can. And TGIF...
holdencaulfield

Post by holdencaulfield »

Landiana: Well I'm not so sure about me finding anyone. In fact I'm almost certain that I will never find anyone whatsoever. I feel like I had my one chance, and I messed it up, so that's it. Whatever, I'm not going to pout. But thank you, I was upset, mostly because I'm sensitive (I don't have a problem admitting it). I think that what J did was wrong, but I'm not going to hold it against him, and I'm just going to ignore that that it happened whatsoever. I think that's the right thing to do.

ALL4TEAMEDWARD: I'm really sorry that Tyler broke up with you. I know how painful that can be, trust me. This is cliche, but perhaps it was for the better. Because his reason is extremely fickle and random, and is just plain wrong. That's a really bad reason to break up with someone. I'm really sorry. But trust me, you deserve someone better who won't do that do you. I'm still sorry that happened.
--------------------------------
Holden's Update:
Today I was feeling really crappy. I thought that if I just went to bed I would stop thinking about E, well I went to all my classes, and the day wasn't that bad. E, sent me a text, asking me to go for a walk. I couldn't say no, so I went for a walk with her, and it was okay. Not the same, but not terrible either. Anyways I decided that I would spend this weekend at home. I go to an University very close to my house for this reason, so that If I'm having a bad week, or just want a home cooked meal, I can just run home and get away from it all. So I'm sitting at home right now, It's strange, but oddly relaxing. Some people were sad to see me go, especially E stressed some concern. But I don't care, I'm going to do what I want to do. I asked this really cute girl for her number today, she gave it to me. She's in my history class, but I'm probably not going to do anything about it. I just don't feel like pursuing something that will just fail again.
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

Conzoni:Hey, that's strange, wow.
Landiana:Congrats!
Team Edward: I'm sorry hun, he doesn't deserve you.
Holden:Sorry about the crappy week.
Update: I just got back from freshman picnic, and saw some really cute guys. I was getting a tour and I bumped into a guy(actually, he bumped into me) and said sorry. He was really cute and really sincere, unlike the guys around him. I hope I can find some other hotties. Anyway need to work on my projects(school starts tommorow).
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I'm back!
I know I posted awhile back but I'll refresh...

I liked my best friend, but I still haven't told her. I decided to just let it rest and see what happens. So meanwhile, I really like this other girl (K.) So K's best friend (C) tells me that K likes me, and I should tell her, and I do. She goes, "Oh, I like you." I'm like "YES!" And she goes, "But not enough."

Completely stepping on my dreams, she then e-mails me, saying, "I only liked you as a friend." I'm like, "That's not what C said." And K goes, "Well, C is a liar!"

So, while my heart is being jump-roped on by K, her and C are fighting. Which means neither of them are talking to me.

Uggh...girls. If only all girls were like you Lex girls.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

DudeRocksTheTwilight I've forgotten your name I'm afraid :oops: I feel bad! I'm so angry at C! That's so mean of her! It's not fair to lie about peoples feelings and emotions because people always get hurt. **Imogen sends a hug** I hope you stay well away form her in the future!

Psugar I'm so glad there are cute boys in your new school! Go out there and flirt with them, IMMEDIATELY! :D

Holden First of all, it's nice to see you back! :D I don't think you should give up on all these girls. Not all relationships are amazing and perfect form the word go, lots take time. Don't give up on E, you never knwo what could happen! It's the same with the french girl! When my friends and I (mostly my friends) get asked for our numbers and we don't like a guy, we always go: "Well how about I take your number instead?" She must like you to give you her number! Call her! :D It's good to see you back.

Chelsea I'm really sorry about Tyler, I truly am. It sounds like you've handled it incredibly well. I'm so proud of you! :) Just don't forget how amazing you are. Ever.**Hug**

Bex WELL DONE WITH YOUR RESULTS!!!!! I got 6 A's, 2 B's, 2 C's and an A* so no way near as good as you! I'm so proud of you! :D What A levels are you doing?

I have no time to update!! I do have one though! :D
Love you all
xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

psugar- hahaha. It was really strange.
I really hope you find more sincere awesome hotties ;)

Holden-
Aww, hon. Why is that friend of yours being a jerk and hitting on her? I'm sorry about him. And she doesn't deserve you so it's okay. There's a rare one out there waiting for you, I can sense it =] You just have to stop looking and she'll stand out like the sun. Or maybe it'll be harder to tell at first, but eventually it'll get there. It will, Holden. Everyone deserves a chance at love in their life. You're young and there's the whole world waiting for you. You should listen to this song called "Whole Wide World" by Wreckless Eric. Reminds me of what I'm talking about. Lyrics are really cute and optimistic and could help ya if you give it a shot.

Christine-
I cannot remember if I commented on your last post or not... So yeah. hahaha this entire comment now is completely pointless. Sorry.

Landiana-
Great job on those GSCE (or whatever the acronym was)!!!! Even though I have no idea what those are they sound like a big deal and it's rad that you did so well :D

update-ish
Today was school again. I saw this guy I used to be good friends with in elementary school. But you know boys, they can't remember a thing( apologies, holden. lol). But he's sooooo attractive now! Yeah, end of that story.
Second story... my other dude friend is being flirty. It's wierd. he's not like that with anyone. Today he called me beautiful and was all jealous when I was greeting with a cheek kiss/talking to afore mentioned guy. Also we've been texting nonstop for the past two days and he keeps mentioning how we became so close in such a short timeframe of knowing each other.
I try to ignore it because my bestfriend thinks she likes him. uh-oh. End of this story.

End of stories.
Edward Cullen Fan

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

Ahhh! I feel so terrible I haven’t gotten back to you guys sooner. I feel like a bad friend. Just know that I do keep up with the thread, and am thinking about you all. I started back to college on Monday. It’s my third semester- and a very busy one. I’ll try my best to answer sooner from now on.

Christine: I’m so so happy for you. It’s about time you got a good guy! You deserve it. He sounds amazing. Tell him I said hi. Haha. I’ll fly down there and punch Andy if he says anything more to you, okay? ;] You can tell him I said that, too! Haha.

Psugar: I’m glad to hear things are well between you and Spencer. And wow, what a great compliment! That’s awesome. :D Take that as a good sign. ;]

Chelsea (the other Chels, hehe): I’m sorry. He’s obviously got some issues to work out on his own. You’re better off without him. Meanwhile, I can kick him where the sun don’t shine, if you want! ;]

DuderockstheTwilight: I’m sorry about your friend doing that. That was so horrible of her. She doesn’t deserve you anyway. You’re so much better off without people like that in your life. I’m Chelsea AKA Chel-see-uh btw. :]

Holden: Your friend is a jerk for turning on you like that. You deserve so much better. *hug* But please don’t give up. There’s still so much ahead of you. No need to settle down with anyone just now. It’s all about taking your time and not rushing into anything too fast. I know there’s someone out there for you. It may be sooner than you think. Just keep your chin up. Enjoy being single. Though I haven’t dated for a little bit, I enjoy being single a lot of times. Think of it this way: no one to give you gray hairs. :P Stay strong. Hope I made you smile/helped a little. :]

Update: I'm going to copy and paste what I sent to you all who I have added on FB. Haha. Then I have a newer update I haven't gotten around to telling anyone yet.

Friday I went to my usual weekend dose of the bookstore. I dressed up, of course. Haha. Anyway. I first walked in and was browsing, and when I looked back at where he was, I saw he was watching me, and he smiled. I smiled back. I’m pretty sure someone was talking to him too. I think it may have been someone in a higher position than him (he’s a cashier) but they didn’t seem to notice. Pretty sure I caught him watching me a few other times as well. Once I was in an aisle, and he was standing across from the aisle by the register. I looked his way and he looked at me for a couple seconds and looked away. I think I saw him smile when he did turn away though. I walked around some more, making a point to pass by him a lot so he could see me. At one point he said “You doing all right today?” I said, “Yeah. How about you?” And he said “Good.” And I smiled and he did too. I pretended to browse some more. Whenever I passed by him I’d smile, and he would nod and smile back. He smiled better than he used to. And that was about it. But still! That’s pretty good, if I may say so.

Then I saw him yesterday (I went casual, red shirt and jeans. Gasp!), sort of, but he was busy and so we didn't get to exchange casualties or anything. He did see me walk in, and I smiled at him. He smiled a little but not too much because he was at the register with a customer. I think he looked my way at least a couple times though. But that's probably him being a good salesman? But then he was also helping people out at the same time. But I was nearby. Idk. So confusing. I left eventually after seeing how busy he was. Though I'm thinking he's too old for me. Maybe in his mid to late 20's. I'm 19. Though I can't be sure how old he is. But I'm pretty sure? But I also think he is at least a little interested. Either that or I'm imagining it. :? I would ask him if he had a FB or anything, but he's at work and I could get him in trouble. So it's kind of a tricky situation...

One other thing. I had one class today and it was our first meeting because of school starting this week. There was a guy up front (I sat in the very back) that kept looking over at me and smiled at me, though I smiled some too. The teacher is very funny, and everyone was cracking up at her. We’d sometimes look over at each other, still grinning from her jokes. It was a nice/friendly smile the other times, but then I also felt him looking at me when I was paying attention to the teacher. Idk what that was all about, but whatever. I guess I’ll just see what happens.
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

Up-date I have an up-date! Quite a good one as well! As Bex mentioned, the GCSE results surfaced last week and I did really well (not as good as Bex who is some kind of genius, but still well :D ) and its tradition to go out and let's just say, let your inhibitions go a bit. I was a bit worried about how I was going to get home though. I was going on holiday the next day so I had to be home by 1:30 but I obviously couldn’t walk. I vented my feelings on Facebook and I got a text from Woody saying: "I'm your taxi"
I was a bit taken a back and told him he didn’t have to, but he insisted, so Woody dragged himself out of bed at half one in the morning to make sure I got home safely. It's still a bit hard to get my head around it!
We've been texting loads as well but one of my friends has been saying nasty things about me and him. She's told my best friends behind my back that I pay Woody to hang out with me because I'm so desperate for male attention. She then went and had a go at Woody for no reason. She’s understandably not one of my favourite people right now!
In other news school is really weird! Sixth from is bizarre! I had a really amazingly funny chat with Chris last night and that's really cheered me up because it reminded me of when we were 13 and didn’t care about anything. I love being young!
Anyway, sorry if I've blabbed!
Love you all
xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com