Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Post by una »

I believe it is slated to come out Mar, 2010. Yup...a whole year wait.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!

Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

I don't know if any of us can handle this wait. hahaha.
Especially not me. Especially not when it comes to JM and Xhex.
GAH.

Twilight813-
omfg. omfg. omfg. I LOVE Henry Cavill. LOVE.
Therefore, I love your sig (becuase it also has to do with BDB) and conclude you to be awesome.

dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

You people who sound like you are unhappy with the ending - first of all, are you actually, or am I misinterpreting that and you were just surprised by it? 2nd question - what was it that you didn't like/get?

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I really liked Rehv and I was not surprised by the ending per say. I am surprise at the Bella/Z feel that the end had with JM and Xhex, but I do not doubt that the story arc will take a different path than Z and Bella's did. I know we were left with a lot of questions of how Rehv will handle not only being the king of the sympaths but as others in the Vampire community find out that he is not only alive but also a sympath.

I enjoyed it, as I said earlier the change in the "steaminess" didn't bother me. I enjoyed this different pace, I really liked having the story of Wrath and Beth entwined because I think it gave a parallel to Rehv's story.

By the way, the WARDen confirmed that Covet was turned in on May 31st and she started JM that night, she "couldn't help" herself.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!

twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Its not that I am mad at the ending... I was surprised. I really enjoyed Rehvs book because I have been dying to read about him. But I am disappointed because I didnt really LLOOOOOVVVVEEEE it. I felt that way about the other books. I really liked the ending actually because right now im hating JM so he needs to step up. The lack of steaminess was the major problem for me.. but that was all solved when I started DH last night and read the whole book yesterday lol. Sam!! I love you too... and thanks Conzoni on my sig.. Henry Cavill loves me and wants me but doesnt know it yet lol.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3

samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

una, don't tell me that!!!! :cry:

lena, i AGREE. JM and Xhex. and JM and Xhex. and AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

did you notice i'm freaking out?
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3

twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

twilight813 wrote:Its not that I am mad at the ending... I was surprised. I really enjoyed Rehvs book because I have been dying to read about him. But I am disappointed because I didnt really LLOOOOOVVVVEEEE it. I felt that way about the other books. I really liked the ending actually because right now im hating JM so he needs to step up. The lack of steaminess was the major problem for me.. but that was all solved when I started DH last night and read the whole book yesterday lol. Sam!! I love you too... and thanks Conzoni on my sig.. Henry Cavill loves me and wants me but doesnt know it yet lol.
I really enjoyed the book, mostly because I was really unhappy with Phury's book and I LOVE Wrath - so it was a good mix for me. But I completely agree about the steaminess. Ward's books have become less and less steamy each one (well, LA had more than Phury, I agree)... I don't know if it's because she has more "story" to tell, rather than the love and baking, or if she's so wrapped up in making each "encounter" new and different that she's forgotten the basics?!

TW813 - DH more than makes up for the lack of baking. Isn't Julian YUMMY?! They get so much better with each book. We have a DH thread - but it's full of spoilers due to discussion, so I don't recommend you jump in just yet. HOWEVER, most all of us on BDB have also read DH, so if you want to discuss offline, send me a PM.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!

skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Even though I enjoyed Rehv's book, I too was disappointed with the lack of baking, I mean Wrath and Beth made up for it but I was so wanting Rehv to have that same experience like the others. I think that's what upset me the most and that he was holding back because of his sympath side. Oh and can I saw the Princess, got what she deserved, I think she and the SV are pieces of work. Wow!

Like Lil, I am so angry at JM and how he treated Thor. I'm glad that the Warden decided to explain why Lasiter saved Thor and it kind of made me like him a little more. Now I'm wondering if Lasiter will get his story explanied somewhere down the road. Oh and the DH books, you will love these guys just as much as the Brothers.

Rehv's book for me, just made me want more NOW! I don't think I can wait because there were so many cliffhangers and unanswered questions and so may new possibilities that can develop.

Una - has the Warden posted on the BDB thread who won the decoding contest? I haven't been on there in awhile so I know you keep everyone abreast on whats happening, so I was wondering if you have any info on that.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!

'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

*steps in hesitantly*
Hi ladies! I lurk around this thread quite a bit, but I never post. But since everyone is posting how they liked the book again, I figured now would be a good time to post. Umm, where to start? I really loved Rehv's book. Like twilightmom Phury's book made me really unhappy. So, to me, Rehv's book was a huge step up on my happiness scale. I truely did enjoy learing about the sympath world. Before Rehv's book the whole thing with sympaths was a little fuzzy to me and I'm glad that I have a better understading about it.

It took me a while to read Rehv's book, but that's just because school was winding down and I had a whole bunch of tests and exams and other school events to worry about. I was a little dissapointed about the steaminess of Rehvenge's and Elhena's relationship, but I actually felt like it fit them. I'm not sure if that makes sense to anyone but me, it's just that the way that they were intimate together in the book I felt like it was enough for what each one could handle giving the other at the time.

I loved, loved how Wrath and Beth were intertwined in the story. After five books I was forgeting how and who this whole series started with and it was nice to see how and where their relationship is. I was also glad about Lasiter's presence being explained. I always had a feeling Wellsie sent him, but it was nice to have it confirmed. And let me just say that Tohr getting his act together made me extremely happy. I've always had a little thing for Tohr ;)

This is getting long... but I need to comment on the JM and Xhex thing.
I love JM, I truely do, but he got on my LAST nerve in this book. I know that he's been through a lot, but he just wasn't the same JM that I love. I'm very interested to see where Xhex's and JM's relationship will go. I want to know if they're going to be able to break through all their barriers and end up being together.

The wait is going to kill me, probably not, but I still don't want to have to wait that long. I guess it's a good thing I have The Midnight Breed Series (which I plan on starting soon, since I already have all the books) and The Dark Hunter Series to help fill the void. Okay, this is long enough... I'm just gonna go. now. haha :]

twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

TWIMOM- thanks so much I will def. message you. Also your comment about the Warden having more story to tell seems right to me. But I feel the steaminess helps move the book along faster.. thats my own opinion lol.

I agree with Sky.. duh.. obviously.. haha.. but yea I wonder if Warden will get L his own book??

Twahy- i agree i think the steaminess between Rehv and Elhena was right for what it is worth. But I expected him to be this passionate, "throw you against the wall rip your clothes off" kind of guy. I guess that surprised me the most about him, because he wasnt like that. lol. I expect every guy to be like that... i have serious delusions haha.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3