Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Post by Addicted »

'twahy-lahyt', I also thank you for finding the No'One info as that had been bugging me too. :lol:

una, you can "ramble" all you want. I ALWAYS love to read what you have to say as it is always quite interesting & usually comes from a theory that was mostly likely fueled by the WARDen herself. I agree with the WARDen, is it really a spoiler if it comes from the author herself.... ;)

B&V- I do not know if I would have been happy with them as each others HEA. Personally, I do not agree with that lifestyle. But, to have it be apart of a story line to make the tale more entertaining, well, I can appreciate the "art" in that, if ya know what I mean. I think the WARDen was smart for deciding not to have that as B&V's HEA, thinking that the fans might not be able to handle/like that for at the time.

Now though....
B&Q- I think the fans could be ready & would accept them as each others HEA. I agree that ALOT of drama is gonna have to happen before a HEA can end well, mostly for Q, but I do feel it is possible to get to that point though for them. I also agree that Q is going to have to pretty much hit rock bottom & lose everything, so to say relationship wise, before he can come back up & realize that he truly does lover B in that way & would fight to keep him in his life.
As I no longer have my books :roll:, what is that term used for when 2 men fight over a, well usually a :lol:, woman that they both "love/want"? Maybe that will happen between Saxton & Qhuinn. Am I remembering the use of that term correctly? Wonder if that is a possibility....

dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

It's a 'cohntest' - I really hope we get to learn more about these in the series. Maybe not actually see one, because that would be bad for those involved, but I'd like to know more about them.

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Dragon-Girl I slightly disagree. I want to see a cohntest, nothing more manly (and to some degree stupid but lovable) about two males fighting over a woman's heart. (Stupid because the woman should have a preference, right?) We've heard about it since very early in the series. Now, don't get me wrong, I NEVER wanted to see Z and Phury have a cohntest over Bella, but as I don't know Saxton all that well yet, I could handle one between him and Qhuinn. However, I would hate to see Qhuinn lose. Plus, would it be wise for a civilian to fight a soldier over a someone? I mean, really, one is TRAINED for combat the other not. The odds are just not in his favor. Course, could we see a cohntest between Muhrder and JM...possibly, it is one of my theories. We don't know Muhrder that well, both JM and Muhrder are warriors so it is a even match...could be interesting.

One tid bit for all of you. Two years ago, the WARDen let it slip that JM had his throat slashed. Remind you of anything? He is okay and will recover I believe, but that was all the information given, JM was out (I assume Qhuinn was with him) and something happened that caused JM to be severely injuried (slashed throat). Now could this be because he ran off on his own to fight Lash? Did some lessers over power the young troika? No one knows, but the speculation is that it does occur in JM's book. Now, what if it was because Muhrder and JM got into it? Xhex loved Muhrder and she loves JM...if she was unable to choose between them, even if it was an effort on her part to protect herself (remember she doesn't think she is able to HAVE a mate - at least my impression from Rehv's book), those two could get into it over her. Just a thought! :twisted:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!

dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

The reason I don't really want to see a cohtest (or is the h somewhere else?) involving one/some of 'our' characters is because I can see everyone involved getting hurt emotionally. Whoever loses is obviously not going to be pleased that their female is now off with someone else. The female will never enjoy seeing two people she (probably) cares about fighting with each other - because one of them will end up hurt. I imagine there will be problems for whoever wins, as well, because wouldn't there always be the niggling thought of 'what if she preferred the other guy?' ? I just don't want to see these things happen to characters that I know and care about.
While I like the idea of males fighting over a female, this kind of links in with some other things that bother me about the series. The female involved in a cohntest should get some kind of choice, shouldn't she?

I think it would be really interesting if it was a male we knew, and maybe a female, fighting with some relatively unknown other male. So, Quinn & Saxton fighting over Blay I could manage :)

una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Dragon-girl I think we are on the same page. A cohntest (I can't remember where the silly 'h' goes, just that there is one) would be great as long as it was under OUR terms. Those being it was:
  • 1. One of our favorite males fighting for his HEA love.
    2. The opposing male would not be one we really know (ie- Saxton, Muhrder), or a complete unknown (ex-nameless vamp), or one we hate (ex - Lash).
    3. The female would prefer our favorite male (see item 1).
    4. The opposing male would have to lose of course, because our female (or male) would have to be with their HEA male (see item 1 and 3).
I agree, realistically, a cohntest is silly. I think they were more part of the earlier generations when females had less rights then they do know (course Marissa is helping to bring that change - fighting against the status quo perpetuated by the Glymeria). The female should be able to choose on her own who she wants to mate. I bet in the older days, two competing families (remember mating used to be by arrangement of the parents) would allow a cohntest over a female if the females family wouldn't make a decision between two competing males. Or during the Bloodletter's days when I am sure cohntests were much more frequent as males would fight for a female they wanted. As we are in more modern times, I agree, there shouldn't be a reason for one, unless the males went off half cocked, suped up on their own testosterone, and decided to act like neanderthals (you know how "boys" can be).

In light of the great points you make, I find it hard to believe that the WARDen will actually allow a cohntest, but I could see her threatening one...we get right to the point where they will start fighting and *bam* something happens (most likely the female comes out and beats both guys with a shovel) to knock some sense into them. However, it is fun to speculate!

'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

una wrote:we get right to the point where they will start fighting and *bam* something happens (most likely the female comes out and beats both guys with a shovel) to knock some sense into them.
That had me laughing A LOT Una :)

I agree with the terms, especially this part of number 2: "or one we hate (ex - Lash)" I really can't stand Lash...

I'm actually not sure how I would react to a cohntest. Unless the opposing male is someone we hate, I'm pretty sure that I'll be upset during the process. True, we don't know Saxton or Muhrder that well, but if they are even slightly likable to me than I'll be somewhat upset. That's just how I am. I know that if a cohntest (am I spelling this right?! sheesh.) does happen, that we'll all be happy with the outcome. So, I'm not that worried about it.

*goes to look up how to spell the word, because it's getting on my nerves*
cohntehst.
of course there would be another "h" in there :lol:

twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

'twahy-lahyt' wrote: *goes to look up how to spell the word, because it's getting on my nerves*
cohntehst.
of course there would be another "h" in there :lol:
I love this thread!
I think the contest <--insert H as appropriate!, would also be okay if the "non-HEA" person IS likeable, but then realizes before serious damage that woman of worth *really* loves guy #1. "non-HEA" guy conceeds and then finds his HEA...
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!

fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I just have to say that I can see all of the different sides to why there should or should not be a contest (yep...not even trying for the h's...LOL)

But I was thinking to myself what a contest would like between JM and Muhrder over Xhex...because that is definitely one female I cannot see allowing two men to decide for her!!! Una...when you mention the feamle coming out and beating the crap out of the two guys...that was exactly what I was thinking!! LOL

At this point, I don't Muhrder enough to mind if he lost a contest with JM, but as una has told us before, he gets his own book and inevitably I end up falling for each male in his own right...so I would be sad to see Muhrder defeated again (remember, he is already defeated in his search for Xhex the first time) and then see him in his own book. It's sad enough watching Tohr put himself back together...watching a proud male after losing a contect over a female...that's just torture in my opinion! But it's all speculation...I know Ward will do it how she sees fit and I'll be glued to ever page no matter what ends up happening...LOL

Thank you Naureen!!

'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

I was just thinking about all of this, and unless the female is a Chosen I really can't see a cohntehst going down. If you really think about it Xhex would never let JM or Muhrder fight over her. And even if they're both being stubborn idiots and still fighting over her, I'm sure that one will realize what all this would actually do to Xhex. Actually when it comes to Xhex, or Blay for that matter, I can actually see them both removing themselves from this whole situation, because they wouldn't want to see two people they love get hurt. Especially Xhex, if JM or Muhrder did ever fight over her, i can just see her walking away from both of them not matter how much it would hurt her. Now, the only reason I can see all this happening over a Chosen, even someone like Layla, is becuase of how they lived for so long. Of course, I can't see the WARDen let a female not have any say in the matter of who she would spend the rest of her life with. I just think that even with all the changes that has happened with the Chosen, that they're the only ones I can see allowing a cohntehst happen because to them it's... tradition.

Okay, I'm going to stop rambling... I'm not even sure if any of that made sense, haha.

una

Post by una »

T-L makes total sense! I have so thoroughly enjoyed this conversation. For those that may not notice, I love to play devil's advocate sometimes just so we can have these discussions.

The WARDen has no new posts. However, someone submitted a question that might be interesting for us to speculation/discuss. Did Darius ever meet Xhex before he was reborn as JM? Remember when JM goes into Zerosum the first time and feels/hears that buzzing which causes him to lock on to Xhex? Is it possible there was a connection between them from before? Maybe JM being Darius will help to cement the relationship between Xhex or will it help to try to drive them apart?