Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Re: Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

una wrote:I remember Rhage (when talking to Mary) that a male knows when a human female is fertile and they avoid them because they don't want to have children. Now, think about Darius. He last many of his children and it seemed (or it appeared) that they were mostly half-human. Why would he purposely try to have children, with humans knowing the infant mortality and possibility of them not surviving transition? I know he loved Beth's mother. However, before Beth's mom, why? What do you guys think?
I'm not really sure about this whole Darius-and-kids situation. In the brief time we knew him, he didn't seem like the type of person who would sleep around a lot and not really care about getting women pregnant. I actually think he cared a lot about his children and possibly couldn't do anything about the situation. That maybe it was out of his hands, or he didn't find out until after the fact. This is one of the reasons I get excited when they mention anything about Darius in the books. And why I've been impatiently waiting for LM.

I can see Qhuinn and Blay as high commanding soldiers. I think that they would be very much involved with the brotherhood, meetings, and knowing all the ins and outs, but not actually become brothers. Kinda like Rehv.

Now, JM becoming a brother. From how Rehv's book ended I don't see JM becoming one anytime soon. Personally, I feel like he has a lot of maturing to go through until the brothers would see fit to let him in. I think his book will be more focused on that and him finding a HEA than on him becoming a brother.
Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

una wrote:
I think when JM was dreaming of seeing his name, it could be a premonition courtesy of the SV so he would be able to connect with the Brothers. Or it was a mix of past and present, Darius is NOT his warrior name...what was it? Was Darrius, Tehrror?
I'm pretty sure it nver mentioned anything about Darius having another name. It does seem like an odd name though because it's nothing like the other names we've heard from the Warrior class. I never thought about that before but maybe it doesn't even have anything to do with the storyline. And the dream as a "premonition courtesy" is valid. Though it's odd that he had those seizures at the beginning (while seeing Beth for the first time, then at the beginnng of Butch's book when Z is talking about car bombs and he has this whole internal schpeel reacting to it and then seizing. It's on page 92-93 if anyone wants to check that out.)

I agree now. though, with the whole being induction into the brotherhood thing. I was taking the guess based on JM's experience and not going back and relating it to the other brothers.
And as for the housing, I don't think it's a problem at all, I was just saying because wrath said that he wanted everyone together. The only reason Wellsie and Tohr lived seperatly is because she was with child and "would have been upset because they just installed her dream kitchen" (it's in the books). and phury having something to do with him being Primale, the chosen, and him having been temporarily on leave. Ehh... Whatever. Most likely no one will even think about the housing situation since Xhex has her own places and her character, as well as JM's, will undoubtedly have their own deep revelations and what not.

Oh, and is there any word on if Muhrder is dead or not? Because if alive he could have an important role in LM.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Muhrder is very much alive and it is implied by the WARDen that he will appear in soon. We all assume that he'll be in LM.

Please, someone correct me if I am wrong, but when you are inducted into the Brotherhood, if you don't already bear a warrior's name you are granted one. Just like Butch was called Destrohyer (but they still call him Butch), when he was inducted, he was "granted" the warrior's name because he is now a true warrior now that he became a brother. (Goodness, I hope that makes sense). Because not all of those born of a warrior and a chosen are inducted, sometimes, like Darius, they are aristocrats/civilians that make the cut while training and being soldiers (and I would assume, having at least a warrior father or chosen mother). Just because they don't use the bequeathed name, doesn't mean they weren't given one. I just seem to remember that and if I hadn't loaned out my copy of Butch's book, I could look it up. Grrr! :evil: I don't think it was ONLY because he was part of the Destroyher prophecy, I think that just helped determine his name, but that since he was inducted into the Brotherhood, he is granted a Warrior's name.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Conzoni al vento

I just read Butch's book today and yes, it is assumed that he was named after the Dhestroyer Prophecy but only because he had a human name, Butch, and not one of a warrior.
We do not know based on the book that any of them had another name becuase they, the current BDB members, were all born of warriors whose mothers were of some very high class if not a chosen and therefore we assume that they were born with the names that they have now. (Phury and Zsadist son of Ahgony, Wrath son of Wrath, Rhage son of Tohrture, Vishous son of the Bloodletter, and can't remember Tohr's father's name... but it's also up there.)

Plus, even though their warrior name is one, it is still natural for them to be called the name that everyone is accustomed to. For example Butch instead of Dhestroyer, and John instead of Terrhor (sorry, spelling once again is flawed in these two names.)
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Conzoni al vento that is the point I was trying to make. They all go by their "typical" name. For Z, Phury, V, Rhage and Tohr, their parents were a warrior and a chosen. Wrath is the son of the King, Wrath. The King's name is ALWAYS Wrath so his first born (or only born son) would be named Wrath because he is the next king.

There is no news on the WARDen's site, but I did research this. The only way you can name your child with a warrior name is if their father was a warrior and their mother is chosen (however the WARDen alluded to a loophole in this, but we don't know it at the time this info was published). I assume that is because if your mother is chosen and your father is a warrior, you'll most likely be a warrior too, but not all vamps with warrior names become brothers. Typically a chosen can only mate with a Brother (since they are kept in the NTR, they really are only able to interact with brothers through feeding them), but I am sure there is a loophole in this since Darius is the son of a princeps and a chosen (confirmed by the WARDen on her site). Since his father wasn't a warrior, he was given an aristo name and not a warrior name. It was stated that it was odd how Darius's father met his mother.

I bet the loophole (this info I found was pre-release of Phury's book) was Rehv. He is NOT the son of a chosen and warrior, but of a sympath king and a chosen. I am also wondering why Payne is named the way she is. I don't know any chosen (born of a chosen and a warrior) that has a warrior-esque name. Why would the SV name her that?

ETA: I did look and the only thing I can find is that when Butch was inducted, the SV waved the requirements of him having a chosen mother (since they determined he was related to Wrath's line and therefore only used his line in the induction). I can't find anything about nonwarrior named inductees being given a warrior name upon induction. So, my whole point may be baseless, but what if they did? If so, it could be a clue to the JM/Darius thing. Otherwise, was there a Tehrror previously? Who was he? Or is JM's warrior name new and only his?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

Your right una, Darius' brotherhood name is Therror. It is times like these where I wish I had my books still :oops:, but I am 99.9% sure about this.
I just cant wait to see how it is all gonna play out when the truth of Darius being reborn as JM comes out....oooohhhh!!!!

1- I wonder how much time the WARDen will spend on this info?

2- I wonder if JM will be given all of Darius' memories? Or even just the memories that may pertain to his immediate story line/HEA? Regardless that JM is also Darius reborn, the fact remains that he(Darius) is now JM. Darius had his shot at life & died. Rather then going into the fade he chose to be reborn & pretty much left the choosing of the details up to the SV. As it is now, Darius' HEA will be whatever JM's is.
Conzoni al vento

Una- gotcha.
and how creepy is it that last night before I fell asleep I thought of Payne's name being consistent to a warriors' and ta-da today you wrote about it!? hahaha. odd.

I think the moments when JM has some memory as Darius are reallly fantastic but also quite devastating because he usually reacts badly to them instinctively. Also... Darius and Tohr were bestfriends and then Tohr was like a father figure to JM. Interesting.
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

una wrote: I bet the loophole (this info I found was pre-release of Phury's book) was Rehv. He is NOT the son of a chosen and warrior, but of a sympath king and a chosen. I am also wondering why Payne is named the way she is. I don't know any chosen (born of a chosen and a warrior) that has a warrior-esque name. Why would the SV name her that?
Yes, but no one (at the time) knew who Rehv's real father is... Didn't Bella's father assume that role? And correct me please, but I thought that Bella's father WAS of the warrior class. SO, if that is true, then Rehv's name would make sense. His mom was a chosen and his "father" was of the warrior class.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Conzoni al vento

Rehv's father was a symphath. Bella's father was the aristocrat Rempoon who married her mother knowing Rehv's father's .... standing.

Oh. and it makes me a little sad to say that Blay and Qhuinn will not end up together. as in the end. Becuase Qhuinn has his happily ever after with a female.
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

He does??? What exactly did the WARDen say?