Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Re: Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Post by nissanmama »

twilightmom wrote:I think Ward is so excited about the BDB world, she just truly wants to spill the beans.
One of the things she said with wiggled eyebrows for emphasis was, "I have the best fantasy life of anyone out there."

Welcome DHSHolly! I do a lot of books on CD driving my kids around and to and from errands. I just finished The Doomsday Key by James Rollins and I haven't been to the library to get another one yet. To be honest, I've felt a little lost without someone's soothing voice talking in the car with me! Truth be told, however, I try to have books in the car that I would either have trouble getting through or for book club. When they are on audio and you are the captive audience, it's easier to get through the slow spots or the times you would have just put the book down for distraction.

*Waves* SSVD and Blue!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

twilightmom wrote:I think Ward is so excited about the BDB world, she just truly wants to spill the beans.
Her enthusiasm for the series is so contagious. Still trying to be patient at number 3 on the waiting list. I hate that I can't there is more info out there that I can't know about yet. Grr...

Welcome DHSHolly!

:wave: Hey SSVD and Blue! Nice to see you gals here.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

Laura and I went to the WARDen's book signing in Radcliffe KY, which was where she actually announced that Tohr would be the next book. But she was very dodgy about who his shellen would be. I thought it was pretty obvious from the ending of Lover Mine that No One would be his shellen, so it's good to know she has confirmed it.

It's kind of an AHA moment to find out that No One is Throe's sister though. I'm wondering if the person Xcor killed was the sympathy or someone else from when the The Other Side where the scribe Virgin lives when things were over run and there was much blood shed that was mentioned in Lover Mine. I tend to believe that he killed the Sympathy.

A couple of things that came out in our book signing that didn't come out in nissanmama's:

There was MUCH MUCH MUCH discussion about Blay and Quhinn... and Layla. There were probably 10 questions about the three of them in various forms of this and that and the way Laura and I pieced it all together is that Blay and Quhinn do end up as a bonded couple... but Layla provides them with children. So it's kind of a threesome relationship. That could totally be wrong, but that's honestly the way I was understanding her from the hints and keep reading innuendos.

I asked who feeds Payne since Manny is human. She said that since Manny is half vampire and since she can get her glow on, Manny's blood does help her. It's not enough but she gets by. She also alluded to the idea that Manny might go through the transformation someday. He is younger but he won't turn into a Benjamin Button baby.

She said that JM will never really fully know that he is Darius. That was part of the deal he made with SV before he was reborn.

There was much discussion about who would have a baby next and someone said that Cormia obviously hasn't gone through her needed... to which the Warden said, "How do you know? Who's to say Cormia hasn't had her needing and they just didn't make a big deal about it?" Heheheh.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Alphie wrote:... but Layla provides them with children. So it's kind of a threesome relationship.
I think that makes total sense, especially with Qhuinn's vision.
Alphie wrote:She also alluded to the idea that Manny might go through the transformation someday.
She left that as a possibility at our signing too, but said Manny was good the way he was and wasn't in any kind of hurry to make any changes. Who knows what will be the case after he's been in their world for a while, especially as he gets to know Butch.
Alphie wrote:There was much discussion about who would have a baby next and someone said that Cormia obviously hasn't gone through her needed... to which the Warden said, "How do you know? Who's to say Cormia hasn't had her needing and they just didn't make a big deal about it?" Heheheh.
We've already had the preview of Phury/Cormia's Aggy, but with the Mary/Rhage novella so close to completion, I'm gonna guess that they'll be parents next.

Alphie, how much fun is Ward at a signing?! She was just so funny...
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
DHSHolly
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DHSHolly »

That's actually one of the things in Pain's book I was a little confused about. Glad to see it cleared up here. I wasn't sure if Manny was going to live forever. I knew that Pain's glow was helping him, but I wasn't sure if that would be permanent. Glad to see that confirmed.
somethingblue
The Godmother

Post by somethingblue »

Alphie wrote:
There was MUCH MUCH MUCH discussion about Blay and Quhinn... and Layla. There were probably 10 questions about the three of them in various forms of this and that and the way Laura and I pieced it all together is that Blay and Quhinn do end up as a bonded couple... but Layla provides them with children. So it's kind of a threesome relationship. That could totally be wrong, but that's honestly the way I was understanding her from the hints and keep reading innuendos.
I love this news. The whole threesome relationship for them for some reason feels right to me ;)
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

Man have I missed all of you Ladies.... Life has been so crazy for me lately, so it feels as though I haven't been on here in FOREVER!!!!
I am 18&1/2weeks pregnant.... Yay!!!! But have been quite sick & am just now starting to feel better.
I have not read Lover Unleashed, yet.... I know, I fail!!!! :oops:
I am still 100% "Addicted" to The Twilight World & am still fully involved in Conventions, etc....
Some TwiMom friends of mine are putting together a little Charity Event here in Orlando on June 25th, so I am excited for that as I haven't been to anything since the Orlando Con in December.
Well, I take that back I worked the recent Vampire Diaries Con this past month.
Thank you Alphie for posting such a long comment. Spoilers do not bother me, so I will get my BDB fix from ya'll know til I can get a copy of the book. :D
So glad to be back,
Sarah :wave:
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

We've talked about this before and we all thought it would end up as a Blay/Qhuinn/Layla thing. I'm glad too because with all her training, I think she'll dig it! :lol:

I'm horribly behind and I apologize. I am trying to get back into things since I have been MIA. Hope you are all well!

I did finish LU and will start scouring for info. Thanks Nima and Alphie for the info...the WARDen doesn't make it to Cali.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

CONGRATS to you, Addicted!

I'm not down with a Layla/Blay/Qhuinn thing unless it is only for the purposes of a baby for Blay and Qhuinn (Qhuay). I think it cheats her out of a true HEA and she deserves to find her own. Some one mentioned (here or on another site) that they think Layla will mate with Xcor.... food for thought.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I definitely think Layla deserves her own HEA. I think I'll reserve my comments on Xcor as her possible mate until everyone is ready to discuss LU...don't want to say anything I shouldn't just yet :)

Thank you Naureen!!