The British thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Re: The British thread

Post by Landiana »

lol, the ones in primark totally look better - the stupidity of feeling the need to spend lots of money, when you can spend a little and get much nicer stuff!!!

i have to say now that Strictly come dancing comes back on on friday i am going to have to record one of them on saturday. not sure which one yet....
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

I don't know why Strictly had to move their time later so it clashes with X-factor. I might watch strictly and record X-factor so when i watch it i can skip the adds.
I'm still in shock that they booted Arlene off the show, I really liked her. Putting in Alesha just because Arlene was getting old was not a good move. The only experience Alesha has in dancing is what she learnt in the last year!
Landiana
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

i totally agree! i liked alesha as a dancer when she was on the show, but she has no other experience and arlene was such an amazing judge. she knew exactly what ahe was talking about. i think that its stupid that they changed the times - its not as if they need a ratings war to get funds. they get good enough ratings, and by doing that they are just alienating the younger audience.

i hate having adverts every 15 minutes on ITV, so i normally record it and start watching 20 mins late, so i can go over the adverts.

at least it looks like Anton has a decent partner this year!
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
LoveMeSomeEdward

I don't know the full line-up of this years show, but the newspapers are already speculating that the dance couples are doing more than dancing, like Sonia from Eastenders and Vincent.
I never really watched X-factor before, but i started watching it only this year and i really like it. It was BGT that got me into these talent shows. It's so funny watching the people who really think they have a wonderful singing voice when really they sound like s***! :lol:
Landiana

Post by Landiana »

the full lineup is on the bbc website - it says who is dancing, though not who everyone is with. i just know anton has a younger partner because of an interview.
i love BGT more - the acts are insane! i love to watch the auditions.
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

hey who watched strictly then? dad forced us to watch it all friday night :cry:
and ive finally gotten round to watching an ep. of x factor its worse than i remembered
ImageImage
Alexa | Im on The List : Lexus | banner from narnia
Mafia Valentina Ricci
Team Esme | Bri and The Brits
Landiana

Post by Landiana »

i watched Strictly - i think that Joe Calzahy should have gone out. Chris was surprisingly good!!

wated X Factor as well - they made the somment about the top!! made me laugh!
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

same here about Joe C, but the first few weeks its more popularity than skill when it comes to who goes out

lol yer i laughed at the top thing coz i had only just read all the comments you guys made about it
ImageImage
Alexa | Im on The List : Lexus | banner from narnia
Mafia Valentina Ricci
Team Esme | Bri and The Brits
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

I watched X Factor and laughed when a comment was made about what Simon wears on the show haha. Made me think of you guys as you were the ones who said it first :D
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
LoveMeSomeEdward

It was a shame the tennis player was voted off, i thought she had potential to get better. The boxer guy is never gonna improve though i think. He needs a miracle. Alesha must have been sad Matt didn't make it through the first votes.

My favourites to win are either Ali or chris. But Ricky is so funny!!