The British thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Re: The British thread

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

funkidiva wrote:Haha re pants and thank you Landiana for the plot line. Sounds like an interesting film to go and see.

In America, is Jelly the equivalent to our jam?

Jelly and Jam are pretty much the same thing...except jam is a little chunkier but the terms are pretty much interchangeable......now, preserves on the other hand
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I missed the X-factor again! Is it on Saturday and Sunday now? I think it's the judge's houses episodes now.

I always got confused with jelly ... interesting. :P
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

It seems every week the X-Factor live show will be on a Sat night as usual but the results show will now be on a Sunday. Why they have changed the format I have no idea and preferred it all in the same night...

So USA jelly is UK jam then - now I know :D
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I preferred it on the same night, too, but oh well.

You can pretty much get the gist of the show by watching the results show, when they have the recaps of the performances :D
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Just wondering if anybody else will be watching the vampire series True Blood which premiers on UK TV tonight at 10pm on channel 4?
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

oh no thanks, i watched it to start with when it premiered on FX but its really not my kinda thing, apparently it gets addictive though

and x factor :roll: i just sat on fb/twitter and i got told exactly what was happening through peoples updates
ImageImage
Alexa | Im on The List : Lexus | banner from narnia
Mafia Valentina Ricci
Team Esme | Bri and The Brits
19nomad90
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by 19nomad90 »

Am I the only one who actually kind of likes the twins from X Factor? :lol:
I think everyone's really mean to them!

Favourite werewolf? Sorry Jake, I'm TEAM SETH all the way!!
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Arr no not the twins haha. I cant believe they got through as they didnt do a very good audition in Italy. They just dont seem to take it serious enough... More of a gimmick than talent but you never know, they may improve as the weeks go by...
A.H
Official Dog Lover!

Post by A.H »

I don't like the twins either. They should have been in the bottom two instead of Rachel, they'll probably be there tonight.
Twinny, Layla| Graphics by Narnia| I'm on The List, Hurricane| Randie
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

I know the twins are identical but there is a slight difference and in some expressions one of them reminds me of Rob when he played Edward in Twilight. Obviously wrong hair colour but its the facial expressions... worrying i know haha. My boyf said the same thing too