What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: What are you reading?

Post by una » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:56 pm

I finished Kitty and the Midnight Hour and the second novel Kitty Goes to Washington. I'm almost done with the third book Kitty Takes a Holiday by Carrie Vaughn. I'm really enjoying this series, it's an easy read, good characters, nice flow, bit of a mystery. It's more urban fantasy than anything, but I really like Kitty - she's not your typical werewolf.

Needful Things has one of THE creepiest villains ever written. It was a REALLY good book. I must say that Stephen King has a true talent for writing villains.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!

bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:50 am

I finished These Is My Words. It was excellent, difficult emotionally at times because of the subject matter, but an excellent read. Loved the characters. I cried in this book and I generally don't get so invested in characters that I cry.

I got an autographed copy of Shannon Hale's new book in the Goose Girl series Forest Born and started it last night. I am so excited to have it, wish I had met her in person, but I couldn't go to the party.
by Laniyeah on photobucket

una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:37 pm

Kitty Takes a Holiday did not end as I expected. It was really good, but I'm really torn on how it all turned out. Which of course, makes me want to keep reading this series. Now I'm on Kitty and the Silver Bullet.

Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:56 pm

una wrote: Needful Things has one of THE creepiest villains ever written. It was a REALLY good book. I must say that Stephen King has a true talent for writing villains.
I know - i just got past the part where two of the characters kill each other because of the villian. it messes with your head how such little things escalate so much!

I have just got Blood of the Mantis by Adrian Tchaicovsky out of the library and am planning on reading it as soon as i finsh Needful Things. its hard going at the moment, because real life is getting in the way of reading!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward

blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:22 pm

Fact of LIfe #31 it's really really good. It's about Katima who hates her name, her mother Abra No-Last-Name, her best friend Christy, her sister Lucinda who hates her name even more than Kat does, and Manny. Kat's secrert boyfriend who is embarassed to be seen in public with her. Abra's midwifery business, and popular girl Libby who suddenly realizes where she knows Kat from.....her prenatal appointments. It is really really good. I especially like how all the facts of life are out of order for no apparent reason, she even says in the book that she hopes one day someone finds her notebook and tries to figure out the significance of the numbering. My favorite part was when Kat started training to be a doula just to please her mother who is so busy mothering everyone else she can't be bothered to cvare about lucy and Kat's problems.

I highly recomend it to everyone who has ever felt invisible
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.

una

Post by una » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:24 pm

I'm inhaling these Kitty books. I finished Kitty and the Silver Bullet and now I am starting Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand. One more to go and I'm caught up...except for the book due out in a few months (I think).

UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:02 am

Finished The Dark, second book of the Guardians of Time Trilogy by Marianne Curley -- I actually REALLY liked this one, more than the first in the series. In this one they traveled to the underworld and it was really creepy and fun!

Now I'm continuing on with the series, reading The Key.

debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:10 pm

Lips Touch Three Times.
It's three short stories in one book and all about how each girl gets her first kiss, basically. The first one was meh, the second one was good, and I just started the third one.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com

best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:44 pm

I just finished one of the most unforgettable book EVER. It's called Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott. It's an amazing but gritty book about an abducted girl named Alice (that's not her real name, it's just the name her abductor calls her) who's been with her abductor for five years and he tells her if he does not do as she is told, he will kill her parents. Anyway, Alice is forced to help abduct another little girl, as Alice is now a teenager and you know, doesn't have the body of a little girl anymore. It's so dark but so so so good. I recommended it to one of my friends and she was like 'I have to read that, I do'.

And now I'm starting The Nature of Jade by Deb Caletti. She's such a good writer. It's really good so far.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC

blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:49 pm

OH. I have to read that!

rightnow I'm reading Daniel Half-Human which is about a teenager named Daniel who finds out his mother is a non practicing Jew right in the beginning of the Nazi movement. Then his cousin is dating his best friend and all heck breaks loose and people have to go into hiding and store fronts are busted and then there Krystalnochtn or however it's spelled. And all kinds of Nazi stuff is going on.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.