What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: What are you reading?

Post by debussygirl »

^^I read an excerpt of it. I'm going to be reading it sometime for my outside reading book in my lit class. It was pretty funny, the part I read.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

blasphemous_contessa wrote:Oh, have you read Rposencranmtz and Guildenstern Are Dead?
It's a really great play, funny and philosophical. Way better than Hamlet
I really enjoyed that play. It was very witty and had an interesting edge to it.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!

Shugo_vampire
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Shugo_vampire »

I'm onto "The Secret Sharer" now for Ap. Yay...more Conrad...
ImageImage
More than Just a Twilight Fan...

blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Empire as you can probably tell, I'm on a bit of an Orson Scott Card kick...I've now officially read every short story, novel, novella, and bonus chapter for the Enderverse.

OH! The second Pastwatch book is coming out soon. I'm so excited. Am I the only one who likes Card's Pastwatch series?
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.

Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

The Hobbit (or There and Back Again) by J. R. R. Tolkien. Figured I should give it a shot since most of the series I like are either still in progress with the latest installment or are finished. I have obviously confused Bilbo for Frodo (from what little I've seen of the movies) but now that I'm reading the books and did some online research, protagonists have been cleared up. :lol: So far, I've found that the series is far more interesting than I thought it would be. Here's to a new interest-series, hopefully.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May

xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

Carrisa wrote:The Hobbit (or There and Back Again) by J. R. R. Tolkien. Figured I should give it a shot since most of the series I like are either still in progress with the latest installment or are finished. I have obviously confused Bilbo for Frodo (from what little I've seen of the movies) but now that I'm reading the books and did some online research, protagonists have been cleared up. :lol: So far, I've found that the series is far more interesting than I thought it would be. Here's to a new interest-series, hopefully.
I just read The Hobbit this summer, and it was really good. But I haven't really seen the movies, aside from small clips while flipping channels, so I wasn't too confused. One of my suitemates just happens to be really into LoTR, so I'm borrowing the rest of the series from her. :D It was definitely more interesting than I thought, too, but I had had a lot of people tell me that I had to read it, so I did. :D
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee

Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

xXBeSafeXx wrote:I just read The Hobbit this summer, and it was really good. But I haven't really seen the movies, aside from small clips while flipping channels, so I wasn't too confused. One of my suitemates just happens to be really into LoTR, so I'm borrowing the rest of the series from her. :D It was definitely more interesting than I thought, too, but I had had a lot of people tell me that I had to read it, so I did. :D
You know, no one ever recommended the book but I knew it was a popular series. I can see why. It ranks with Harry Potter, to me. I had always seen pictures of Frodo, but I didn't know his name so that's how I confused him with Bilbo, until I read the part where it said he's fifty-five years old. Looking at the images and the age, I knew I was wrong! I hope my library has the rest of the series because I'd have no one to borrow copies off of.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May

dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

^^Well, by the time Frodo starts out for Rivendell, he's 50 years old too. 50 is the new 20 for hobbits. I can see vaguely why you'd get them confused if you haven't read about them before.
Join us on the Dark Side, young ones. We have the One Onion Ring. :D

Still on Dracula, but my mom is reading Storm Glass. Now she understands my Valek obsession, yay!!!

Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

The lovely bones. ;)
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart

clpviolet
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by clpviolet »

i just finished True Believer by Nicholas Sparks.....im not sure what i will read next maybe My sister's keeper or the Golden Compass.
"You put your arms around me and I'm home" Christina Perri - Arms