What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: What are you reading?

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

una wrote:
UnfreakinBelievable wrote:Now I just started Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater and I can't put the flippin' book down. Love the story. Now I need to go read. Bye bye!!
I LOVED this book! I loved it so much that I have gone back and I'm reading her other series, the Books of the Faerie. Very good!

I finished Lament the first in the Books of the Faerie by Maggie Stiefvater and it was really good. The ending caught me off guard but was outstanding. I'm now waiting for the next one, Ballad.
Una, I read Lament and Ballad and I really liked them. If you are a James fan then you'll love Ballad -- he's so much fun, love his sense of humor. :) And I'm with you about the way Lament ended. I was like "wha???? you're kidding". The third book comes out this month!!!

I finished Shiver and I REALLY liked it. Can't understand these crazy parents in the book but I liked the two main characters.

I also read Evermore by Alyson Noel and I LOVED it. I enjoyed it so much because it was a pretty original story. I highly recommend. Now I'm waiting for the second book Blue Moon, my friend is still reading it. In the mean time I just started New Moon again (very similar titles, I just noticed) before the movie comes out and I just finished the chapter of the break-up scene. I HATE that chapter!! Oh, Edward, where art thou??? :(
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

I just finished The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold.
Absolutely amazing. Period.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:Una, I read Lament and Ballad and I really liked them. If you are a James fan then you'll love Ballad -- he's so much fun, love his sense of humor. :) And I'm with you about the way Lament ended. I was like "wha???? you're kidding". The third book comes out this month!!!

I finished Shiver and I REALLY liked it. Can't understand these crazy parents in the book but I liked the two main characters.
Thanks, I look forward to Ballad and I believe the cover for Linger, the follow up novel for Shiver is up on her website! :D

I finished The Accidental Human and it was good. Very different from the first two but satisfying. Now I am reading Hot for the Holidays, an anthology with Lora Leigh, Angela Knight, Anya Bast and Allyson James. I've read Ms. Knight's story and it was fantastic! Now I'm on Allyson James story.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Blue Moon - Alyson Noel

getting ready for the next book Shadowlands out next week
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
VampireAlternative
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by VampireAlternative »

I just finished Wake by Lisa McMann. There was kind of too much swearing in it for me to fully appreciate it. I guess it disappointed me.
"I then drink about five of these and I can deal with the world. Or the world can deal with a guy full of five cups of "coffee on demand"." - Gerard Way
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I'm reading twilight again.... :oops:
finished breaking dawn and went straight to twilight... i had hoped to finish New Moon before thursday but I don't think i'll make it
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

I'm reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, but I'm only a couple pages in. What I'd really like to plug is THE LIKENESS, by Tana French. Do yourselves a favor and go get it immediately - it's fantastic.

It's about a murder detective named Cassie...well at the moment she's on the domestic violence squad - she used to be murder. So one day she gets a call to come to a murder site. She's confused, until she gets there and sees that the victim looks exactly like her. The girl is also in posession of an ID saying Lexie Madison - an alias Cassie used once as an undercover. So not only does she want to know how the girl was killed, but she wants to know what she was doing with her face and her old name.

The murder squad has no leads, so they ask Cassie to go undercover and pretend to be this girl - study everything about this girl's habits and her phone videos, and then go into the girls house and live with her four roommates to see if a suspect or lead emerges. It's fascinating.

Image Image
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

I am rereading This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen.
Sarah Dessen never gets old, ha.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I finished Hot for the Holidays and it was really, really good. I loved each story, not common for an anthology.

I'm almost done with Covet by J.R. Ward and it is really good. It's her first novel in the new Fallen Angels series. I am really enjoying it!

ETA: This thread is slow all of a sudden. I finished Covet and it was really good. I have also finished the latest in the Psy-Changling series by Nalini Singh, Blaze of Memory and it was fantastic! Now I am FINALLY reading Catching Fire!!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I've been reading a lot of YA books lately. I just finished a great book called "Almost Perfect" by Brian Katcher. It's about a boy named Logan who was recently dumped by his girlfriend. He meets a mysterious girl named Sage and begins to be drawn to her. Logan finds out that Sage can't date and has some strict rules to follow. Finally, Sage reveals her secret and their relationship changes forever. It's not fantasy or romance, but a great eye opening realistic fiction book that keeps me thinking. I highly recommend it.

Right now I'm reading "Donut Days" by Lara Zielin. I also have the following books lined up to read: "Going Bovine" by Libba Bray, "Andromeda Klein" by Frank Portman, "Beautiful Creatures" by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (I have an ARC. It's officially released in Dec), "After" by Amy Efaw, and "Hate List" by Jennifer Brown. Not sure if I'll read these in this order, but there on my pile to read next. :geek:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!