What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: What are you reading?

Post by marielle »

beaking dawn again..... *sigh*

maybe after this I'll start reading something else....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house

VampireAlternative
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by VampireAlternative »

I interrupted All Families Are Psychotic by Douglas Coupland, to start The Umbrella Academy by...wait for it...Gerard Way :D and Gabriel Ba. It is the most awesome graphic novel I have ever read, and I've read some that were pretty good.
I'm almost done reading the UA, so I'll get back to the Coupland novel, which, by the way, will be a movie in 2012.
"I then drink about five of these and I can deal with the world. Or the world can deal with a guy full of five cups of "coffee on demand"." - Gerard Way

debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Well, I'm reading The Hunger Games to my little bro (don't worry he's 15, so he can handle the gore) because he remembers books better when he hears them rather than when he reads them, and this is for school.
And Pride and Prejudice!! For school, but I think that now being older I understand Jane Austen a lot more than when I first read it when I was 14.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com

cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I finished and really enjoyed "Going Bovine" by Libba Bray. It's very different from her other series. If you liked Adams' "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", "Don Quioxte" or Kevin Smith's movie called "Dogma" then I think you'd like the book.

Currently, I'm reading E. Lockhart's "The Exboyfriend List". It's cute.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!

bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I'm reading The Giver and I just got Shiver from the library. So as soon as I finish The Giver I have Shiver waiting for me.

So far I am really liking the scientific/methodical feel of The Giver. As a mom with kids who like their blankies and stuffed "guys", I really liked the term "comfort object". Yes, sometimes I wish I still had my comfort object too.

Debussygirl said,
Well, I'm reading The Hunger Games to my little bro (don't worry he's 15, so he can handle the gore) because he remembers books better when he hears them rather than when he reads them, and this is for school.
I'm impressed that you are doing this for your brother. Not many young people are willing to do that. It is refreshing to see siblings still spending time together rather than everyone going their separate ways.
by Laniyeah on photobucket

pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

The Princess Bride. I've never read it before so it's kind of fun. I'm only about half way done, but so far I like it. It's a bit different than I was expecting (even though I'm not sure what that was) but I like it.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson

readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. I'm really excited about the movie.
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen

best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

I'm rereading two books: This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen and Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult.

I'm planning on rereading Breaking Dawn next for like the millionth time.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC

cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I made a typo in my last post. The book is actually called "The Boyfriend List". I finished it the other day and I loved it. A must read for fans of "Bridget Jones' Diary". It's hiliarious, cute, and quick read. I also finished the second one in the series called "The Boy Book". I'm going to start the third book called "Treasure Map of Boys" later today.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I finished Unbound and loved it.

Now I am reading Maggie Stiefvater's second novel in the Faerie series, Ballad. So far, so good!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!