What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
carranzaya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: My personal and beautiful Universe where Edward and Ian exist!!!

Re: What are you reading?

Post by carranzaya »

una wrote:
carranzaya wrote:The lovely Bones...
It was too emotional for me and I just couldn't read it. I hope to get back to it one day... I'm too much of an empathetic person to read about someone's death and "moving on." But I have heard it's great and considering how much it affected me, I'd say the writing is really well done.
Dear Una, it wasnt without tears in my eyes that i read this lovely book, it is hard to read it, hard not to be involved, it is impossible not to

It is bracingly tough, terrible say and at the same time painfully funny, as Michael Chabon author of The Amazing Adventures of Kavelier and Clay said, but that's why it is a masterpiece, destined to become a classic.

I know you will back to it, maybe not this year, maybe not the next, but someday for sure, cause you know is worth it.

I havent read The Time Traveler Wife, i already ask for it at my bookstore, they said, probably before Christmas, so am really counting the days to get it. I will share my experience with you when i finish its reading.
"You are the most important thing to me ever"
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

The Hunger Games. :D Second time around, I hope that I will catch stuff I missed the first time & remember other stuff that went passed me during my first time devouring it. I can't wait for the 3rd one next year!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

i just finished 'stop in the name of pants' and am currently at a dilema for what to read next..... :lol:
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
Bastet

Post by Bastet »

i have finished Nightlight (it was really funny, people in tramway look at me because i was laughing while reading) and Sabriel (by Garth Nix) i'm in love with this book... right now i started reading Nation By Terry Prachett, i just finished first chapter so far i like it :) it's not his Discworld series this is something different beautifully written...
join the dark side, we have cookies :)

Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

I'm reading Fallen by Lauren Kate. It came out earlier this month. I'm really enjoying it, and it's all very fascinating. I don't understand why it has such mix reviews for it. (Or at least on Amazon; I haven't looked anywhere else.) But hey, whatever floats their boat. *shrug*
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I finished "The Help" today and I enjoyed it, but I didn't love it as much as my coworkers did. I got a whole slew of books from the library since I have two weeks of vacation from work. :lol: I hope to start Matt de La Pena's "We were here" tonight.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

I just started today "The Tenth Circle" by Jodi Picoult.
It's good so far.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
xhopeonaropex

Post by xhopeonaropex »

I just finished reading Betrayed from the House of Night series. I started Chosen last night and I'm eighty pages through. So far I am despising Zoey with a passion with her three timing actions ( yes, I said three!!!) I'm just reading it to know what happens with Stevie Ray and Aphrodite. I'm gonna finish up the series. I started reading a little bit of Wolf Hall today. The writing and sentence structure in it makes reading it annoying but the plot looks good.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

I'm reading dead and gone again ( 9th sookie stackhouse novel ) because i don't have anything else to read atm. I'm waiting for the first vampire diaries book to arrive, butthey're late !

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I just finished Shiver. Think I may do a reread of The Host or Breaking Dawn next, rather than start something totally new. Not sure though.
by Laniyeah on photobucket