What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Re: What are you reading?

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

So, I dropped Sherlock Homes for a little while (just finished The Valley of Fear, and I'm all cool with Sherlock now, He tends to grow on you.) to read some other books.

The Ranger's Apprentice series. I've only gotten through the first three, and only picked them up cuz my mom's making the whole family read them, but they're really good! Halt is almost equal with Legolas as the coolest archer ever in my head (Legolas only wins cuz he's sexier. Halt has a better sense of humor though.) I heartily recommend them to they who don't mind reading books for slightly younger kids.

Simon Bloom and the Gravity Keeper and the Octopus Effect by Michael Reisman- funnier than crap. Its about this kid who find a book that controls the laws of physics, and its really well written and seriously funny. Makes sense, too (well, kinda. If a book could control the universe it would.) And Simon reads Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Tamora Pierce and Ender's Game. I declare him awesome.

Then I just picked up Alcatraz versus The Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson (already a fav author of mine) about Librarians trying to take over the universe. I'm only a little bit into it, but its already very entertaining.
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

I just read Hush, Hush. It was amazing. I can't wait for the sequel, Crescendo. I'm not sure when it comes out. I wonder if it's going to be a series or just the two books.

Now I'm trying to decide between Fragile Eternity, Dark Lover, or Night Pleasures. Yet another book dilemma. :P Classes start back up the 14th. I feel like I have to read as much as I can really fast so I can get in my reading before school starts. I won't have time after that. So far I've only read 3 books, but yeah, hopefully I'll get some more reading in.
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Edward Cullen Fan: I also read Hush, Hush and thought it was pretty good but it didn't live up to my expectations for it. I think Crescendo is suppose to be released this fall. Not sure on the date.

I read all of the books that you listed. IMO, I'd read Fragile Eternity and then Nightly Pleaures. I would NOT read Dark Lover, because the series is very addicting and you won't be able to stop reading it since there are currently 7 books in the series. Believe me, I've been bitten by the BDB bug. :twisted:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

Im reading Dark Lover ! And I'm loving it. soooo much.
But I don't have that much time to read during school so I have to push it aside until the weekends.

I also just received the third and fourth vampire diaries books. I'm loving those as well, but I think I like BDB more.

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I just finished Memoirs of a teenage amnesiac and started Winter Rose. I feel like Winter Rose is taking a lot of "set up" time. I am hoping for some more action soon.

ETA: Now that I am a few more chapters in, it is getting better. There were a lot of characters to "get to know" at the beginning and now they are starting to mesh and I am not feeling like I have to keep track of them so much. It is a 700 page book and I'm only 100 or so in, but it is getting better.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
ravenGirl2468
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Going crazy trying to find my real version of Emmett or Dean Winchester

Post by ravenGirl2468 »

I am re-reading the Night World series because I was talking about them with Vilde now I am interested in reading them again :lol:
~Team Emmett
Team Carlisle
~On the list~ Karl is my Twi-guy!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Bac: How did you like Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac? I though the story was very original and I liked the themes and characters.

I finished Lips Touch Three Times by Laini Taylor, which is a collection of three supernatural/romance short stories. I really liked the book. My favorite story was the second one.

I'm in the middle of Maggie Steifvater's Lament. I wish I didn't read the blurb about the book, because I think I spoiled myself. Grr... Otherwise very good!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Really liked Memoirs Cullengirl. Very thought provoking. It is hard not to have everything "right", but I really liked the journey that the main character went on. Also made me think, "what would I choose if I could start over without memories of the last ??? years?"

Also, if you don't mind the swearing (not horrible, but more than I would prefer) and the sometimes graphic sex scenes, Winter Rose is turning out really good. I read for hours yesterday and couldn't put the book down. I am totally sucked into this world.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

I felt the same way, bac, when I was reading the book. If you liked her writing, you should also check out her other book called Elsewhere. It's equally thought-provoking.

I finished Lament yesterday and I enjoyed it. The ending, however, took me by surprise and was at first turned off by it but then rethinking about the themes and tone of the book, it couldn't have ended in any other way. I'm reading the sequel book called Ballad, which is also really good.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

cullengirl - I have to agree with you about the BDB series, it is very addicting and you can't stop reading.

I just started reading the Midnight Breed series. So far I'm liking it and can't wait to devor the rest of them but I'm taking my time reading this series so I can fully understand all that's happening unlike how I've done with the other series that I've read.

I was thinking about reading the Lovely Bones but wanted to get some feedback on what people thought of it before I decided on getting it. I will probably try to re-read the Dark Hunter series again and try to finish the Night Keeper series by Jessica Andersen but for some reason, I can't get into it but I'm not going to push it aside completely.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!