What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Openhome »

Way too many fanfics to mention. I went to Waldenbooks last night, they are in their final days of closeout, and I got 27 books for less than $62. I know that is still a lot of money, but hey, Christmas is only 11 months away! :lol:
I got One for the Money by Janet Evanovich, I am starting the third book in the Psy?Changling Series, and I bought The Red Tent.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Alcatraz and the Knights of Crystallia. Its the third in probably the best series I've ever read. And I'm not kidding. These books arel ike, combining Jane Lynch's humorous evilness with Jim Gaffigan's hilarity, put together with some amazing writing, and shoved into a blender until you've got these books. Dude. I might even go into MLIA-style Best. Freaking. Book. Ever. I'm. Having. An. Asthma. Attack. Writing. Like. This. form to express the sheer awesomeness of the book. I freaking love it! (Course, you have to read the first book, and the second one after the first, or the book will make fun of you for being too lazy to read the first book first. Seriously. It will. Because its just that awesome that it knows how to make fun of hypothetical readers.)
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Could you give us the name or all three or even better the author? These sound like a lot of fun. Thanks :D
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Brandon Sanderson's the author. He's Mormon, which makes me love him a lot, plus he has one of the most original fantasy series I've ever read (talked about them a while back) and he's the one finishing up The Wheel of Time series for the late Robert Jordan, which makes me ove him even more. He's got Orson Scott Card superpwned as the best Mormon author of all time. XD
The first book is Alcatraz versus The Evil Librarians. Yes, Librarians are evil and trying to take over the world. Second is Alcatraz versus The Scrivener's Bones.

Since I finished Alcatraz (its horrible, having to wait for the second one. Its like... waiting for Harry Potter 7 all over again, AGH!) I'm rereading the Magellan Voyage Project- about a kid on a race around the world, like Amazing Race without all the crappy drama.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

We're starting Turn of the Screw by Henry James in English, but I think my next leisure book will be Archenemy by Frank Beddor.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Essay33
Wandering Through Town

Post by Essay33 »

I'm reading Darcy's Story by Janet Aylmer. I picked it up on a whim at Costco (just walking past the books and it caught my eye). It's one of the many Darcy's POV retellings of Pride and Prejudice out there. It's well done, very faithful to Austen's original, and the author managed to capture the tone and style of the period perfectly.
"Where I am not understood, it shall be concluded that something very useful and profound is couched underneath." --Jonathan Swift, A Tale of a Tub
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

Right now I'm in (yet another) book dilemma. My problem is, I get started on a book and then I see a LOT of other books and get distracted and can't decide. I was reading Black Blood by Christopher Pike, the second book in a series. He's amazing. I loved the first one. Unfortunely, there's not much at all known about him. I've never read R.L. Stine (I know, shame on me), but I want to, but I don't know what. I've been reading new authors to see what I'll like and I'd like to keep doing that.

I'm interested in Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan books as well as Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and Midnight Breed.

I also read a couple of fallen angel books and would love to read more because it's just something that fascinates me. So far I've read Hush, Hush and Fallen. I loved both. Does anyone know any other good fallen angel books? It would be greatly appreciated. :) Well any help on this really lol.

And, the last one, I want to read The Lightening Thief in time for the movie because it looks and sounds amazing.

But I can't read more than one at a time, or I get confused.

See how very fickle I am? I can't stand myself about book stuff. Meh.
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

i'm currently reading Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris
woo! :D
randomness bum<3
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

Currently rereading Twilight and Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen.
(:

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC