What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Re: What are you reading?

Post by The girlie-wolf »

Portable door by Tom Holt =]
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
Silver Rose
Wandering Through Town

Post by Silver Rose »

Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Finished The Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead.

Read Hush, Hush and the 2nd in the series, Crescendo, by Becca Fitzpatrick.

Now I'm reading A Taste of Magic by Tracy Madison.

Thank you Naureen!!
Melody
Learning to Love Green

Post by Melody »

I've just finished "My Sisters Keeper" - so sad but fantasic!
So now im onto another book by the same author "House Rules". Looks good and the summary seems interesting!

Team Edward - because real men sparkle ;)
Trainee in "Emmetts Demolition Crew"
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Just starting Laura Hillenbrand's Unbroken - non fiction
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

Still reading Portable Door but I just started Holes by Louis Sachar.. and I'm in the middle of This is how it goes by Meir Shalev
fanMNM wrote:Finished The Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead.
Is Hush, Hush any good? I saw it in the book store and really wanted to buy it but I never heard of it so I didn't want to buy something I'm not sure is good...
And I saw The Last Sacrifice too and I wanted to buy it but then I understood it's the last in the series and they didn't have the first 5 lol
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

I got a lot of reading done while I was out of town for Christmas with the family.

Fiction:

1) Wicked Prey, by John Sandford. This is the next-to-latest in Sandford's "Prey" series (the most recent isn't in paperback yet) featuring Lucas Davenport. While it wasn't quite one of the best in the durable series, I enjoyed the return to a major role for Letty West, Davenport's pistol of an adopted daughter.

2) Rough Country, also by John Sandford. This is part of Sandford's new series featuring another Minnesota detective, Virgil Flowers, and it's pretty good. Flowers investigates a murder committed at a resort in a remote area of Minnesota's Lake country.

3) One Shot, by Lee Child. This is another in the Jack Reacher series; in this one Reacher finds himself drawn into the investigation of a shooting spree in a quiet Indiana town.

4) Fault Line, by Barry Eisler. Eisler takes a break from his freelance assassin John Rain to write this somewhat lighter novel, about a series of murders related to a new software package with national security implications. An added bonus is Eisler's homage to the blogosphere; a number of prominent bloggers have characters in the novel named after them.

5) Just One Look, by Harlan Coben. This is another of Coben's standalone thrillers; a suburban New Jersey family is torn apart when the mother picks up a newly developed roll of film, and finds a picture she didn't take, which appears to be an old photo of her husband. When he sees the photo, he promptly disappears.

6) The Perfect Husband, by Lisa Gardner. When Samantha Beckett discovered her husband Jim was a serial killer, she provided the evidence that put him in prison. But now he's escaped, and Sam must learn to fight back and save her own life, and her young daughter's. This was Gardner's first thriller, although she'd previously written some romance novels under a pen name.

Non-fiction:

1) Blowing Smoke, by Michael Woolraich. This is an analysis of how American conservatism has come to rely more and more on the "politics of persecution," that is, of portraying conservatives as victims.

2) C Street, by Jeff Sharlet. This is about a secretive Christian fundamentalist organization which focuses not on winning large numbers of converts, but on influencing a small number of people with political power, both in the US and abroad.

3) The Battle for Western Europe, Fall 1944, by John A. Adams. This is an analysis of the performance of the Allied (American and British) high command during the campaign that developed once the Allied invasion of Normandy had succeeded.

4) Warning Shadows, by Gary Giddins. Giddins is best-known as a jazz music critic, but he's also branched out into film criticism, and this book collects a number of his essays on classic cinema.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

The girlie-wolf wrote:Still reading Portable Door but I just started Holes by Louis Sachar.. and I'm in the middle of This is how it goes by Meir Shalev
fanMNM wrote:Finished The Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead.
Is Hush, Hush any good? I saw it in the book store and really wanted to buy it but I never heard of it so I didn't want to buy something I'm not sure is good...
And I saw The Last Sacrifice too and I wanted to buy it but then I understood it's the last in the series and they didn't have the first 5 lol
yes, I liked Hush, Hush...it's about fallen angels. Not the best book I've ever read, but good. Actually, Hush, Hush was great, but I just finished reading Crescendo, which is the 2nd book, and that one frustrated me a little bit, so I think that's where my feelings are coming from right this sec.

I would definitely recommend the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead!! I've enjoyed every book in the series, and The Last Sacrifice was fantastic!

Just finished A Stroke of Magic by Tracy Madison and am going onto the 3rd book in the series...which I'm blanking on the title right this second! Oh, and Jude Deveraux put out a new one yesterday, so I'm reading that as well. Oh, and I can't believe I'm reading it, but I bought my husband Jay-Z's new book Decoded for Christmas because he likes reading about musicians...and now I'm reading it. Guess it just proves my husband's point that I'll read any book put in front of me :) LOL

Thank you Naureen!!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I didn't like "Hush, Hush" at all. I thought it was a cheap imitation of Twilight but with fallen angels. I didn't like any of the characters and didn't bother to pick up book 2.

I've finished several books:

"The Mockingbirds" by Daisy Whitney
"The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" by Steig Larsson
"Amulet: The Stonekeeper Vol 1" by Kazu Kibuishi

Now I'm taking a break and reading "Play of Passions" by Nalini Singh
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I already finished it but it just came out a month ago and I highly recommend it. It is by Ally Condie Matched.. I rarely buy books so after I was done reading the library copy I raced to the store and bought it to add to my personal library.
Banner by TammyAZ