What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Susie »

Dazzle 21 recommends this book too, Edwards Ragazza!!! I'll have to put that on my list!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Susie wrote:Dazzle 21 recommends this book too, Edwards Ragazza!!! I'll have to put that on my list!
Susie who do you think recommended it to her. Mwah. :) Finally I read something so new that I could recommend it usually everyone gives me the recs.
Banner by TammyAZ
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

The Hobbit by JRR Tolkein. It's my first time ever reading it. I tried reading LOTR but had a really hard time. And I've been told The Hobbit is an easier read so I'm trying it. I'm only about 80 pages in.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I just finished Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner and started her other book called Little Earthquakes. The ending was a little disappointing so I am wondering if she is going to write a sequel. Its a chick lit mystery. Pretty funny since I could relate to the character since I am a mother.
Banner by TammyAZ
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Bloody Valentine - Melissa De La Cruz.

This is part of her Blue Blood series. It's a modernization that mixes angels falling and Lucifer. I definitely recommend you give it a read.
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

cullengirl wrote:"The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" by Steig Larsson

cullengirl- How is The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest? I only read the 1st one, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and now I'm trying to decide if I should continue with the others...

Thank you Naureen!!
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Recently finished:

Cold Pursuit, by T. Jefferson Parker. This is another of Parker's excellent police procedurals set in Southern California. A former mayor of San Diego has been murdered, and the detective in charge of the investigation has a lot of complications to deal with--many of which are due to the past history between his family and the ex-mayor's. Another good one from Parker.

Current reading:

1) Out of Range, by C. J. Box. This is another in Box's series about Wyoming game warden Joe Pickett. The mystery/thriller elements in Box's books are reasonably entertaining, but nothing extraordinary. What sets them apart are, first, the setting and atmosphere, conveyed very believably, and second, the protagonist and his family. Joe Pickett is a rarity--a very square, straight-shooting man who makes for an interesting character; his family are also very attractive, especially his spunky daughter Sheridan.

2) The Dead Hand, by David Hoffman. The title sounds like this might be another mystery/thriller. :) Actually, it's a history of the final decade of the Cold War, and the end of the deadly nuclear arms race between the US and the Soviet Union. Hoffman covered the White House for the Washington Post during the Reagan years, and then became the paper's Moscow bureau chief, so he is intimately familiar with both sides of this important story.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

Eep! I haven't posted here in a while.

I finished The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy since I last posted. LOVE IT.

Then I read:
1. Naked in Death by J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts), it's the first in her In Death series.

2. The Darkest Hour, first book in the KGI series by Maya Banks

3. Read a few different stories in a few different anthologies.

4. Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer.

I'm working on Breaking Dawn now. Trying to get in as much reading as I can before I leave for school next week!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

fanMNM wrote:
cullengirl wrote:"The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" by Steig Larsson

cullengirl- How is The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest? I only read the 1st one, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and now I'm trying to decide if I should continue with the others...
It was okay, fan, but I was disappointed because Lisbeth didn't get much page-time in the book. My favorite is the second one- "The Girl who played with Fire". I'd say read it only if you really like the characters. Otherwise, it's really not worth it.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Silver Rose
Wandering Through Town

Post by Silver Rose »

Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird. I'm not reading it by choice, I have to read it for my English class. I don't really like this book all too much and I also have to take notes about it. I was reading it earlier and taking notes but that got tedious after a while so undecided to take a break.

I had my 2 week Christmas vacation to finish reading it (we started it already at school) but I procrastinated, like I always do, and I had today and have tomorrow to finish reading it. Sigh.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]