What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Re: What are you reading?

Post by bac » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:13 am

BlueStarEgo wrote:I just started the first book from the Vampire Academy series. I'm only on about page 10 and I ready think I love it. =)
I am reading this series right now too. I am on book 4. I just started the series a week and a half ago and I am going through them quick!
by Laniyeah on photobucket

21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:12 am

^ That's awesome to hear you are reading the VA series too! It's kinda lonely at the VA thread so we need new people to stop by lol :)!

I'm currently reading The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks.
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^

Jace
Settled in Forks

Post by Jace » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:24 am

Just started reading "Dead Until Dark" by Charlaine Harris. We'll see how it goes, first few pages are ok

fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:21 pm

Read Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare...so naturally I had to read the other books she has written :)
Made it through City of Bones and am almost through City of Ashes!

Thank you Naureen!!

cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:53 pm

^^I liked Clockwork Angel much more than the current MI series mainly because she does a better job in explaining the world of the Shadowhunters. In the MI series, we are just thrown into the mix and expected to understand as the books continued.

Finished reading: Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs (3rd book in the Mercy series)- Really enjoyed! This series gets better and better with each book. I also finished Emmy and the Incredible Shrinking Rat by Lynne Jonell which was funny and sweet.

Currently reading: Play of Passion by Nalini SIngh- Have last 100 pgs to go but I LOVE it!
Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!

BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:09 pm

bac wrote:
BlueStarEgo wrote:I just started the first book from the Vampire Academy series. I'm only on about page 10 and I ready think I love it. =)
I am reading this series right now too. I am on book 4. I just started the series a week and a half ago and I am going through them quick!
Wow, you're going way faster than me. I just started some new classes so I'm reading more school material than personal. I'm a little more than 80% through the first book and I am completely in love. I like the authors writing style and how she's not afraid to let Rose's personality come though exactly the way she is. I appreciate no sugar coating. Lol. I like the butterflies between Rose & Dimitri.
How do you feel about Christian?
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:27 pm

Getting ready for an extended car trip. Accordingly, loaded the Kindle with Catching Fire, Mockingjay, and Cosmopolis. Should be one heck of a trip!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS

bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:10 pm

Jazz Girl wrote:Getting ready for an extended car trip. Accordingly, loaded the Kindle with Catching Fire, Mockingjay, and Cosmopolis. Should be one heck of a trip!
Enjoy!

I am going to start Vampire Academy 5 tomorrow. Just got it from the library (I may get a chance to start it tonight). Since I have read this far, I don't want to tell you my opinion of Christian because we learn more about him and I don't want to give anything away. I also love the romantic tension between Rose and Dimitri.
by Laniyeah on photobucket

dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:21 pm

Gunna break up the vampire party with the terror of all that is terrible and horrifying and scary beyond all reason.

I'm reading The Call of Cthulhu so I actually know what I'm talking about when I speak of Cthulhu's incomprehensible awe-inspiring insanity-causing terror. It's cool.
And on the side, I'm rereading Ophelia Joined the Group Maidens Who Can't Float: Classic Lit Signs on to Facebook. Brilliant. I used it as backup Sparknotes for a project we had to do in English and I did mine on Hamlet. Not hard at all, seeing I practically memorized the play after watching David Tennant's preformance.

cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:31 am

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:And on the side, I'm rereading Ophelia Joined the Group Maidens Who Can't Float: Classic Lit Signs on to Facebook. Brilliant. I used it as backup Sparknotes for a project we had to do in English and I did mine on Hamlet. Not hard at all, seeing I practically memorized the play after watching David Tennant's preformance.
That sounds so intriguing! I have look that book up. I finished Play of Passion by Nalini Singh last night and loved it. It's an adult paranormal romance.

Still reading Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!