What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: What are you reading?

Post by cullengirl »

Finished: Die for Me by Amy Plum and It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han

Currently reading: Love Drugged by James Klise
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Brienna wrote:I noticed Penny :lol:
:D :wave:

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - JK Rowling
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Hothouse Flower by Lucinda Riley. A book right up my alley, set in and after WW2 and present day. Just the kind of books that I like, where the present and past is intertwined into an exciting story.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

The official book to the movie Twilight
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Just finished reading Passion by Lauren Kate the 3rd book in the Fallen Series.

Now I am reading Wuthering HIgh by Cara Lockwood. This is her first book or should I say series that she wrote in YA. I have read quite a few of her other fiction for adults and have enjoyed them. She writes funny/romance. She just wrote her first paranormal trilogy for adults as well.

WH summary:

When Miranda, a slightly spoiled but spirited 15 year old from Chicago, smashes up her father's car and goes to town with her stepmother's credit cards, she's shipped off to Bard Academy, a boarding school where she's supposed to learn to behave. Gothic and boring strict, it's everything you'd expect of a reform school. But all is not what it seems at Bard......

For starters Miranda's having horrific nightmares and the nearby woods are eerily impossible to navigate. The student's lives also start to mirror the classics they're reading- tragic novels like Dracula. WH, and Jane Eyre. So Miranda begins to suspect that Bard is haunted- by famous writers who took their own lives- and she senses that not all of them are happy. Complicating things even more is the fact that Ryan Kent a cute,smart, funny basketball player who went to Miranda's old high school landed himself in BArd, too. And the attention he's showing Miranda is making some of the other girls white as ghosts. Something ghoulish is definitely brewing at Bard, and Miranda seems to be at the center of ominous events, but whether it's typical high school b.s. or otherwordly danger remains to be seen.

wow that took forever to type.
Banner by TammyAZ
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Now reading:

1) Admirals, by Andrew Lambert. This is a series of biographical essays on some of the leading admirals in the history of the British Royal Navy--the men who made Britain the leading naval power for over three centuries. Lambert profiles eleven men, from Lord Howard, the defender of England against the Spanish Armada, through Andrew Cunningham, Britain's leading naval commander of World War II. A good one.

2) The Big Roads, by Earl Swift. This fascinating book tells the story of the attempts, which began soon after the development of the automobile, to construct a network of highways linking the entire US. The climax, of course, is the creation of the Interstate Highway System.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - JK Rowling
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Trash by Andy Mulligan
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

I'm reading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. The second book of The Hunger Games trilogy.
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

The Scarlet Letterman by Cara Lockwood. It is the Sequel to the first book called Wuthering High.

I like how the author is introducing classic literature with a twist to the new genere.
Banner by TammyAZ