What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Twilight<3 »

Currently, I am reading Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. It's a beautifully written story about an apocalyptic, dystopian, not-so-distant future that is just disturbing on so many levels. It's really gripping, and I highly recommend it.
AlectoCullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AlectoCullen »

Just started The Collector by John Fowles, it's considered the first psychological thriller ever. Just finished The Complete Idiot's Guide to Algebra and I'm thinking of getting something different when I go to the library on Friday.
Thanks to audreywarenne for the signature.
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

The Reckoning - Kelly Armstrong
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I'm reading The Sweetness at the Bottom of a Pie by Alan Bradley. It's a fun mystery book with an 11 year old playing the detective and heroine.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

About to start the newest in the Vampire Academy series....Spirit Bound

Then next I am going to read Infinity, which is Sherrilyn Kenyon's attempt at a YA shoot off from her Dark Hunters series (has anyone read it?? I am very nervous about it because I love the DHs and I have no idea how SK is going to write about Nick as a teen. Especially knowing where the character ends up as an adult!)

Thank you Naureen!!
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I just finished off Abraham Lincoln- Vampire Hunter, and it was really stinking good. It read like a novel pretending to be a biography (which it is...) and was hillarious, profound, and just a little silly all at once. Seth Graham Smith is an excellent author, and I can't wait for more of his books to come out.
I would also like to state that Henry Sturges would pwn Edward's sparkly buttocks.
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I'll keep that in mind
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I just started by PC Cast called Tempted.
Banner by TammyAZ
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Am reading The Shamer's Signet book 3 of the Shamer Saga. It's really good, but some of the concepts seem really weird to me, probably because it's translated from Danish whioch I do not speak.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

AlectoCullen wrote:Just started The Collector by John Fowles, it's considered the first psychological thriller ever.
That book creeped me out while I was reading it and afterwards. I think there's a movie too, but I'm not sure. Are you reading it for school?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!