What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: What are you reading?

Post by debussygirl »

Metamophosis.
Really weird. It's a novella about a guy that turns into a bug.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

I haven't been on here for a while, I've missed all of your fantastic book recommendations!

I've read the Percy Jackson series and I REALLY loved it! The books in the series got better every time and the last book was utterly fantastic! I haven't seen the new movie because I'm nervous I won't like it. I'll give in sooner or later and go see it.

I also read The Maze Runner by James Daschner and wow, it was a crazy dark book. I don't know if I can continue the series, it seriously creeped me out. Excellent writing and a very interesting storyline but the whole idea may just be too much for me. :(

I think I'm going to try a Nicholos Sparks book now, never read him before but I need something romantic and fluffy to off-set the dark mood I'm in since the previous book.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I am a quick reader one I put my lil ones to bed. So since I just finished Marked I am now reading the second book in the series called Betrayed. The characters haven't really captured my heart but to be honest the Twilight Saga has been the only that has done that to me. I am interested thought on where this series is going to go.
Banner by TammyAZ
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

December wrote:
jestak wrote:1) Too Big to Fail, by Andrew Ross Sorkin. For me this is the latest of several I've read about the financial/economic crisis we've been hit by in the past 2-3 years. This one has a lot of very good reporting although it's not as strong on the big picture as other books I've read are.

Gosh. I've been curious about this book since hearing Sorkin on npr back in the fall. And more generally, looking for good books on the subject. Which others would you recommend?
For a general overview of the financial crisis, both the sequence of specific events and the big picture of what caused the mess we've gotten into, I'd first recommend Financial Shock, by Mark Zandi. Other general overviews that, like Zandi's, are solid on analysis and reasonably accessible are Bailout Nation by Barry Ritholtz and The Return of Depression Economics and the Crisis of 2008, by Paul Krugman.

Another book, besides Sorkin's, that is very strong in the reporting and narrative department, is In Fed We Trust, by David Wessel. While Sorkin focuses mostly on happenings at several of the big financial institutions, Wessel, as his title implies, is focused on the Fed.

Finally, I can suggest a couple of books that focus more on the kind of economic thinking that helped get us into this situation: How Markets Fail, by John Cassidy, and The Myth of the Rational Market, by Justin Fox.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Awesome, thank you!

*fishes out a piece of paper and starts jotting down titles*
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

I am now starting the 3rd book in the House of Night series titled Chosen.
Banner by TammyAZ
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I really enjoyed the new offshoot of the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost entitled A Drop of Crimson. Now I am reading the fourth book in the Accidental Friends series by Dakota Cassidy entitled Accidentally Demonic.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

una wrote:I really enjoyed the new offshoot of the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost entitled A Drop of Crimson. Now I am reading the fourth book in the Accidental Friends series by Dakota Cassidy entitled Accidentally Demonic.
I heard good things about that Night Huntress. That one is also on my list of reads. I have way to many books on my list. I wonder if I will ever get through them all.
Banner by TammyAZ
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. So far it's reallyyyyyy good (:

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Just finished Chosen late last night and I am starting City of Glass today.
Banner by TammyAZ