What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CullensGirl14
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: What are you reading?

Post by CullensGirl14 »

I've just finished When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit, The Other Way Around and A Small Person Far Away by Judith Kerr, very good series of books that i read when i was younger...just re-reading them takes me back to when i was about 8 or so, really recommend reading them if you haven't.
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

^I've been meaning to read those, since I got given a copy of the first one for my birthday.
I've just finished the Sweet Far Thing, which was an amazing (if lengthy) conclusion to the Trilogy. Now I'm reading Potiki, by Patricia Grace, which has thought-provoking themes about developers trying to buy land off the local Maori so they can ruin it by building a tourist resort-y place. I'm definitely going to have a look at more of her books in the future.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

CullensGirl14
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by CullensGirl14 »

addictedbooklover wrote:^I've been meaning to read those, since I got given a copy of the first one for my birthday.
I've just finished the Sweet Far Thing, which was an amazing (if lengthy) conclusion to the Trilogy.
Is the Sweet Far Thing by Judith Kerr? I can't find it anywhere, just another called Bombs on Aunty Dainty *confused* where can i get my hands on a copy of it?

**Edit** i think i was having a bit of a (what my fella would call) blonde moment...sorry
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?
Emmett_Pwnz_All
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Emmett_Pwnz_All »

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac.
One of the best bookles. Ever :D

And I'm rereading The Perks of Being a Wallflower for the fourty fifth time :D
Honestly, its my ultime favourite book :D (seeing as Twilight and Harry Potter are series)
I'm a bit too young to read it but its an amazing story :D
Anyone should read it...
WELL!
If you are mature!? :P
I'm not so I skip naughty parts LOL
mimiishinlove<3
Image `; [mimimccarty<3 lubs kellmett and the medic droid<3] Karl=TwiGuy#1Mimi2=TwiTwin! :D
OMEEEE ILY GREGORYGORGEOUS<3
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

i finished white night by Jim Butcher last night - was awesome and can't wait until i get the 10th book small favour

my books arrived from Amazon today which means i have 3 new books to read! i have started Fire Study by Maria V Snyder
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Finished Atlantis Unmasked by Alyssa Day. It was really good, the ending seemed far too simple. I think it is deceptively simple making me crave the next book.

Now I am back the Breeds series, reading Mercury's War by Lora Leigh.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Catching Fire Catching Fire Catching Fire!!!
*dances* I dropped Phantom fo the Opera for it.

But there's a book coming out soon that I'm more excited for, even more than CF. Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson (who's writing the other series I've been reading) wrote a new book for Jordan's series (cuz he died, so Brandon finished it) and I'm UBER EXCITED!!!!!! /dances crazily*
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

Today I started The Spellbook of Listen Taylor by Jaclyn Moriarty. It's really interesting and really funny.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
bronzehairedmiracle
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bronzehairedmiracle »

I am reading Stephen King Goes To The Movies. It is a collection of all the short stories by Stephen which later got turned into movies.

I finished 1408 and it's not all that it's cracked up to be. I will see the movie now.

Agatha Christie is way better with supernatural themes. Her The Hound Of Death and While the Light Lasts were a treat to read.I highly recommend them. Both are collections of short stories.
If all else perished and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained and and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I finished Mercury's War and it was really good. Now I'm working on the following Breeds novel called Coyote's Mate by Lora Leigh.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!