What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Jadey »

Lol Desiree, me too. City of Bones, Cassandra Clare. :)
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

still the twilight saga...
I promiss I'll start something new soon :oops:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

^^^sure you will :lol:

I would be reading BD again but I'm reading a book with a book club: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Went thru the Percy Jackson series...ended up liking it so much I did the 1st book as a project for my 5th graders and then took them on a field trip to see the movie! :)

I read Julia Templeton's Return to Me....which was just ok (very adult!!)

Now I've started The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane...not very far into it yet though

Thank you Naureen!!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I've been gone a while but I have read Ender's Game by Orsen Scott Card and really enjoyed it. I haven't read Sci-Fi in a while but I thoroughly enjoyed it, very character driven.

I finally read Shades of Midnight by Lara Adrian, the latest book in her Midnight breed series and really enjoyed it.

A book I read that was good, was Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. The story was good, but the characters felt flat and you can only dangle the mystery for so long without giving clues before the reader can get a little frustrated. However, with the way the story ended, I'm intrigued to see if she does a sequel, how it will go.

I have also read the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews, Magic Bites, Magic Burns, and Magic Strikes. This series is FANTASTIC! It's fantasy / urban fantasy and character driven with wonderful banter between the characters and humor. I cannot wait until the next book is released.

Now I am reading Wicked Enchantment by Anya Bast, it is her first book in the Dark Magick series. I'm halfway through and really enjoying it.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
clpviolet
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by clpviolet »

Just finished a couple of books.....My Sister's Keeper by Jody Picolt... :cry: OMG sooo sad and I was not expectiong that ending at all....this is the first time I have read any of her books and I must say I liked her style of writing, kind of reminds me of Nicholas Sparks ;) and since I have bought and read like all his books....literally, :oops: I speak from experience :lol:.

Speaking of Nicholas Sparks I finished reading his book Three weeks with my Brother....so sad too(about a trip around the world that he went on with his brother and tells us his life story up to date). Nicholas has had a life of ups and downs it actually almost feels like reading one of his books because the things that happen to him just seem unreal. :idea: Must be why he is so good at writing love stories. :|

Right now, I have started reading the Devil wears Prada.....a little detour from teen angst, love, romance, and life altering drama.....I think, or maybe....not :lol: so far its completely different from the movie so we'll see how it turns out :roll:
"You put your arms around me and I'm home" Christina Perri - Arms
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Jadey wrote:Lol Desiree, me too. City of Bones, Cassandra Clare. :)
Hey Girl I just saw this post. I just finished it and it is a good book I think they only reason why I thought it was slow was I was in the middle of a fan fic so my mind was wondering a little bit. It is good but there is a huge twist. I am now reading the second one called City of Ashes. What part are you in the book?
Banner by TammyAZ
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

marielle wrote:still the twilight saga...
I promiss I'll start something new soon :oops:
I would still be reading Twilight in between other books however I don't own the last two since hubby bought me the Collector's Edition Twilight and New Moon thank goodness Eclipse comes out on May 18.

My apologies didn't mean to double post.
Banner by TammyAZ
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

pennybug84 wrote:
I would be reading BD again but I'm reading a book with a book club: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Orson is TEN TIMES better than BD. I love Ender's Game. Which reminds me, I need to go edit my copy (whiting out all the swear words so I can force my friend to erad it with no qualms.)

Rereading the Wheel of Time series, because I'm making my friend read them and I need to remember everything that's going on. Also reading Airmen by Eoin Colfer (love it). I just finished Islands of the Blessed, by Nancy Farmer, which is the third in my most favoritest Viking series. :D Next I'll be starting The Wrath of Ezra (Leven Thumps XD) and George's Secret Key to the Universe by Stephan Hawking (most awesome physicist of all time writing a book. Heck yes.).
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I enjoyed Wicked Enchantment by Anya Bast. Now I'm reading First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost. It's the first book in her Night Huntress World series (ie; the first offshoot of the Night Huntress series).
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!