What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Re: What are you reading?

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Landiana wrote:i have now read the whole series and have to say that i prefered Poison STudy out of all of them. Gotta love Valek!
Amen to that! Valek is the Nawat to my Study fantasies. :D

I finished Farenheit 451 for school, and yes, I can see why it is an influential book. The way he writes is a way I'd kill (not really) to write. Its amazing. And creepy, but nothing beats 1984 on creepiness so we're all good.
Next I'm reading Dracula. Woo, non sparkly vampires!
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:
Landiana wrote:i have now read the whole series and have to say that i prefered Poison STudy out of all of them. Gotta love Valek!
Amen to that! Valek is the Nawat to my Study fantasies. :D
Hale yeah - Valek is probably one of my all time favourite fantasy males!
dandyvampgirl_13 wrote: Next I'm reading Dracula. Woo, non sparkly vampires!
i loved Dracula when i read it - the way it is written as a collection of journal entries and newspaper stories is really interesting. i also like the characterisation of Reinfield - he is a creepy, but intriging character.

i have just finished Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris, and also read An Ice Cold Grave. they have definetely left me interested in what happens in the next book Grave Secret, which is being released in November.

am just about to start Beyond The Shadows by Brent Weeks, the last book in the night angel trilogy
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I finished Blood Promise by Richelle Mead, her latest book in the Vampire Academy series. I really liked it. The novel progressed in a way I hadn't anticipated and left with so many questions and future ramifications that I'm very eager for the next book.

Now I am reading a collection of short stories called Strange Brew. So far I read Patricia Briggs and Jim Butcher's contributions and (although short) were very good. But I really enjoy their writings and the series/worlds these stories were taken from. I can't wait to read Charlaine Harris's contribution either!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

I am reading Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult. I think she is an amazing writer, I loved My Sister's Keeper.

And then when I'm done with it, I'm gonna start an old favorite The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. She is my most absolute favorite writer.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

i have started reading Tess of the D'Ubervilles by Thomas Hardy, for my English Lit class, and am really enjoying it so far. you really cant beat the classics
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I always loved Tess of the D'Ubervilles...

Right now I am just reading a bunch of historical romances by a bunch of different authors...I'm waiting for books I've ordered to come in!

Thank you Naureen!!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Finished Strange Brew and it was really good. Very good, might have to buy it, it was that good!

Now I am reading Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs, it's the second novel in her Alpha and Omega series (which is spin-off from her Mercy Thompson series - which is excellent by the way). :D
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

una wrote:I finished Blood Promise by Richelle Mead, her latest book in the Vampire Academy series. I really liked it. The novel progressed in a way I hadn't anticipated and left with so many questions and future ramifications that I'm very eager for the next book.
I am in the middle of Blood Promise and it is really good -- cannot wait to see what happens. I want to see Dimitri come back SO badly!!! :cry:
Shugo_vampire
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Shugo_vampire »

Sadly, Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. Somebody please kill me. I hate that book with a loathing passion, but I have to read it for AP class.

I'm also reading Soul Eater online. Such a good Series!!!
ImageImage
More than Just a Twilight Fan...
una

Post by una »

Shugo_vampire wrote:Sadly, Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. Somebody please kill me. I hate that book with a loathing passion, but I have to read it for AP class.
Really?? I loved that book in high school! It was Passage to India that drove me nutty!