What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Emmett_Pwnz_All
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Emmett_Pwnz_All »

Right at this second Mimi ish reading a little booketh =3
The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy and Other Stories by Tim Burton

Pwned beanz kids
mimiishinlove<3
Image `; [mimimccarty<3 lubs kellmett and the medic droid<3] Karl=TwiGuy#1Mimi2=TwiTwin! :D
OMEEEE ILY GREGORYGORGEOUS<3
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

I finished Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr -- what the heck? I need some resolution here, it ended up in the air. And she's not going to pick up the story again until 2011? Man, that's a long wait. It's a good book, though. :)

I'm in the middle of the first book of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians called The Lightning Thief and it's pretty fun! It's something I'd like my kids to read someday. The movie comes out next year!
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:I'm in the middle of the first book of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians called The Lightning Thief and it's pretty fun! It's something I'd like my kids to read someday. The movie comes out next year!
Those were good books. I'm still waiting for the 5th one, but I'm 84 out of 118 people who have it on hold at my library!

Need to finish the Mistborn series, Extras, and the Yddyssey before school starts. I have 5 days. Woooo....
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Finished Percy Jackson and the Olympians book 1, The Lightning Thief and I really liked it! I'm going to for sure read the whole series. I hope I get to see Percy grow up and mature through the series like I did Harry Potter. I love Percy's sense of humor, he's pretty darn cool.

And I stayed up until 2am this morning finishing Catching Fire -- it was SO good!!!! I just can't believe I have to wait to find out what happens who knows how long. I can't find anything about the release of the third book, hopefully I don't have to wait more than a year. In the mean time I think I'll re-read The Hunger Games (after I get it back from my work friends). And by the way, I am still SO TEAM PEETA!!!!!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I finished Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins a few days ago. Fantasmogorious.

I also am catching up on a series I used to love in middle school but couldn't find all the books for. So I've read Second Helpings and Charmed Thirds and I just need to find Fourth Comings.

I also read Medicine Road by Charles de Lint (who so deserves his own thread) and now I have to read SEven Wild Sisters because even though it's not technically about the twins it does have some of the backstory that the alluded to in it. I like how none of his books are ever really in a specific storyline and you can jump around reading them in any order but they are all still connected kind of like Amelia Atwater-Rhodes Nyeusigrube books.

And to round of the list of what I read this weekend, I reread Shatterglass by Tamora Pierce. Not one of my favorites but it's the one I've read least recently.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Just finished Blue Moon, the 2nd in the Immortals series by Alyson Noel. I don't really know what I think...I'm gonna wait for the 3rd one to come out and see where it goes before deciding I think.

Thank you Naureen!!
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

the outsiders.....for school :? dont like it so much so far.
the immortals series- blue moon by alyson noel. :) really really reallly good!! totally reccommend it!!
impossible by nancy werlin. it's ok so far. i dont really like it that much. :?
the pretty little liars series-killer. omg, best ending ever!!! :D love this series. reccommended for young teens!
Betting on Alice.
blasphemous_contessa
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

fanMNM wrote:Just finished Blue Moon, the 2nd in the Immortals series by Alyson Noel. I don't really know what I think...I'm gonna wait for the 3rd one to come out and see where it goes before deciding I think.
Jazzy'sgirl112108 wrote:the immortals series- blue moon by alyson noel. :D really really reallly good!! totally reccommend it!! .
Really?

I absolutely hated it. I mean right from Evermore I pegged Alyson Noel with a bad case of Twilight Envy. And then Blue Moon came out and I added Sucky Sequel Syndrome to the mix. I mean besides blantantly ripping off the plot for Twilight and New Moon it was just bad writing. Totally predictable and not that interesting. Only perverse curiosity made me finish it. I was wondering exactly how stupid Ever was going to be in the finale
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

blasphemous_contessa wrote:
fanMNM wrote:Just finished Blue Moon, the 2nd in the Immortals series by Alyson Noel. I don't really know what I think...I'm gonna wait for the 3rd one to come out and see where it goes before deciding I think.
Jazzy'sgirl112108 wrote:the immortals series- blue moon by alyson noel. :D really really reallly good!! totally reccommend it!! .
Really?

I absolutely hated it. I mean right from Evermore I pegged Alyson Noel with a bad case of Twilight Envy. And then Blue Moon came out and I added Sucky Sequel Syndrome to the mix. I mean besides blantantly ripping off the plot for Twilight and New Moon it was just bad writing. Totally predictable and not that interesting. Only perverse curiosity made me finish it. I was wondering exactly how stupid Ever was going to be in the finale

See, that is how I felt about the third book in Melissa Marr's series, Fragile Eternity...so I reserving judgement on the Immortal Series because I was afraid my feelings from Fragile Eternity were being carried over.

Thank you Naureen!!
blasphemous_contessa

What did you dislike about Fragile Eternity?

I think it followed a predictable plot line and Seth was being an idiot, but it wa sunderstandable, especially from what was going on with Ash and Keenan. I mean we were all expecting Seth to do something stupid and Keenan to be manipulative but it actually had likeable characters and stuff going on in the fringes and other layers and you just know something is going to happen and that it's something big.