What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I just started Wicked Series two book in one titled Witch and Curse by Nancy HOlder and Debbie Viguie.
Banner by TammyAZ
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Mortal Instrument: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Finished When Gods Die by C.S. Harris and am now starting the second book in the Guild Hunters series by Nalini Singh, Archangel's Kiss.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

clpviolet wrote:5) Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 1 and 2.....They are both good but the second book is not at all what I was expecting from the second movie....I didn't watch all of it but I wasn't expecting what I read either
Although I haven't seen either film or read the books personally, I recall reading somewhere that the second "Sisterhood" movie is based primarily on the fourth book in the series, not the second.

I started a new book today, Cornered, by Barry Lynn. That's cornered, as in "to corner the market," or establish a monopoly. Lynn is writing about how the modern American economy has become more and more dominated by a very small number of corporations, often only one or two in an industry, and about how genuine competition has disappeared from many markets and industries.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Just finished the latest Maximum Ride. my reaction is on the teen thread
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Okay, I was going to read Archangel's Kiss but my friend got Silver Borne the latest novel in Patricia Brigg's Mercy Thompson series. I HAD to read it. It was fantastic!!! I want to read it again, it was that good.

Now I am reading Master of Wolves by Angela Knight, third book in her Mageverse series. Since it is a library book it gets placed above reading Archangel's Kiss which I own.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Attn Una,
You list a lot of books that the title alone capture my interest. Can you give me a few that are absolute must reads. In my library account alone I have a 100 on my list that is not including a huge box of books in my garage (from a used bookstore) that I am trying to read to through. It's madness I tell you. :lol:
Banner by TammyAZ
una

Post by una »

Edwards Ragazza wrote:Attn Una,
You list a lot of books that the title alone capture my interest. Can you give me a few that are absolute must reads. In my library account alone I have a 100 on my list that is not including a huge box of books in my garage (from a used bookstore) that I am trying to read to through. It's madness I tell you. :lol:
Oh the sweet delight of book madness! :twisted:

Oh, I have so many books I could share with you. Are you on shelfari? I am under this name there. Warning: since I do not know your age but am assuming you are not a teen, I read some series that are adult/adult and some that are adult/mature young adult and of course Young adult. In that, if you want the more adult/adult series, PM me, as this site (and this thread) are PG and I would feel better sharing those titles with you via PM.

So, those that qualify as young adult through mature young adult (a few in a few genres as requested):
Fantasy/Urban Fantasy:
Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs.
Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews
The Black Jewels series by Anne Bishop

Historical/Mystery
Sebastian St. Cyr series by C.S. Harris
Chapel Hollow series by Nina Kiriki Hoffman (she has other titles that are also fantastic)

Young Adult
The Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater
Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

una wrote:Okay, I was going to read Archangel's Kiss but my friend got Silver Borne the latest novel in Patricia Brigg's Mercy Thompson series. I HAD to read it. It was fantastic!!! I want to read it again, it was that good.

Now I am reading Master of Wolves by Angela Knight, third book in her Mageverse series. Since it is a library book it gets placed above reading Archangel's Kiss which I own.

I LOVE MASTER OF WOLVES! I haven't read all of Angela Knights books, just that one which I borrowed from a friend a few years ago. It's pretty smutty
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.