Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by Misfit »

Happy Birthday Variety have a wonderful day.

Going off topic here but how many TrueBlood fans saw the season ender last night? Did you happen to see the Twilight tribute I call it a tribute because it was NO WAY and accident. If you want me to spill the beans I will but if you don't I will wait it has no affect on the show or what you see its just something they showed in a cut scene.

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Don't tell Misfit. I'm waiting for the season to come out in DVD so I can watch it complete.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I'm a TrueBlood fan but I TiVoed the season finale last night and haven't watched it!! (I opted to watch the VMAs instead)
But I'm looking forward to watching it as soon as I get home from work today!! I'll be looking for the Twilight tribute, Misfit!

Worst date: I can't say I had any dates that were TERRIBLE but I had a few that were definitely not good! For example, I had been dating this guy in high school for a year. (My first relationship that had lasted that long, so I was pretty excited...LOL) He came over to take me out for our "anniversary" and he had bought me a card. When I opened it, it said "Congrats on your anniversary!" He had bought a card that you give to another couple on their anniversary!! I decided to look past it and I said nothing. Then he made this grand gesture of blind folding me so the resturant would be a surprise. We drove for FOREVER!! I started to get car sick from being blind folded! But I was determined to make it, so we finally got to the resturant, and it was one I hated! (He knew this, too, but I guess had forgotten...) Another time, I was dating a guy who took me to a Valentine's Day Dance at our school. (Again, in high school...) My mom was a teacher at the school and so she was a chaperone. I guess he decided he didn't like me anymore because in the middle of the dance my mom came over and informed me that my date had come to her and asked her to break up with me for him!! (Just a side note...his best friend ended up dancing with me the rest of the evening, thus making the now ex-date very jealous...so I got my revenge!) LOL

Guess that's what high school is for though, right? Miserable dating experiences...LOL.

Thank you Naureen!!
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

As I said even if I say what it is it will not affect the show details it was a cut scene and if we wait until you catch up on the show well no offense but we will be all talking about how we liked or disliked New Moon.

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Happy Birthday Variety!!!
Hope you have a fabulous day!!

I haven't been able to watch this season of Trueblood, but if it isn't a spoiler Misfit, PM me and we can discuss if no one here wants to.

Worst Dating Experience: This was my worst date ever. My friends (who were also my housemates) talked me into dating "Mike" (names are changed to protect the innocent). Don't get me wrong, Mike was (and I'm sure still is) a very nice guy. Very sweet, intelligent, caring gentleman. There was just NO spark or connection between us. We were friends and that was it. But he liked me and I have been accused of being too nice. My friends talked me into accepting a date with him. It was fine but again no spark, no attraction on my part. This went on for a few weeks. My friends kept telling me, I was his first date, then I was his first girlfriend, give him a chance, he's really nice, don't hurt him, give it time... The whole time I felt awful, I was just not attracted to him. The worst date came on our last date when I was supposed to be his first kiss. I was tired of being the first of everything, I felt more like his teacher than a girlfriend and again, I felt NO attraction to him. I refused, he got mad, we broke up (not that I really saw us as more than just dating). To this day I still feel bad, I should have never listened to my friends by continuing to see him, I regret the heartache I caused him. But when we were dating, from the beginning I tried to tell him that I really wasn't in the place to date, I had just gotten through a terrible relationship and wasn't really ready. He was kind and gave me time and space until that last date and I realized I just couldn't do this to him (the guilt was killing me). He never spoke to me after that and he was still good friends with my roommates...made for some really awkward times!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

Ah, shucks, everyone. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I actually wasn't planning on stopping by today, but glad something came up. I've been MIA for so long, but my daughter asked me for help on a book report, and I decided to come ask the faithful fans here for help. She has to do an "A B C book report, and is reporting on Twilight. We are having a hard time thinking of things from the book (Twilight only, not the whole series) that start with letters G, I, N, O, Q, and W, Y, and Z. So, can anyone help us fill in the blanks? And if you'd like to see how a 10 yr old sees Twilight, here's the rest of her list so far (and I only gave her 3 ideas, she had the rest already):

A - Alice
B - Bella
C - Charlie, Carlisle, or Cullens
D - Dance studio
E - Edward, or Emmett, Esme, or Eric
F - Forks
G - Gorgeous (? - I think we could do better)
H - Hospital
I -
J - Jessica, Jasper, Jacob, or James
K - Kisses
L - Laurent
M - Mike Newton
N -
O -
P - Prom or Phoenix
Q -
R - Rosalie, Rain
S - Stephenie Meyer
T - Truck
U - Undead (could we think of something better, here, as well?)
V - Vampires, Victoria
W - Washington
X, Y, Z - still need
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Oh, this is fun Variety thanks for sharing/asking for help!

G - Gimpy (Bella after her ordeal with James) or Girlfriend
I - Immortal (vampires are) or Intellect/Intelligence (Bella was an intelligent girl) or Investigative (Bella digs to find out what it is about Edward that is so surreal).
N - Natural (Bella is a natural beauty) or Nonrational (their love)
O - Ordinary (Bella as she sees herself)
Q - Quiluete (the La Push tribe)
U - Unfading (Bella and Edward's love) or Unearthly (Edward's beauty)
X - okay, this is really hard!
Y - Yearning (Bella and Edward yearn for each other) or Youngsters
Z - Zeal (their love for each other)

Does it show that I resorted to a thesaurus??? :oops: :lol: I hope this is in-keeping with the assignment.

ETA: Did Carlisle X-ray Bella's head or what's his name, Tyler, that hit her?!?! Would that work? Or did they just say, scan or MRI?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Nice job Una! I give you an A!
Happy Birthday Variety!
You sound like me - I am always doing my kids homework with them on my birthday.

Misfit: I don't watch TrueBlood, but I am super curious about the cut scene. I would love a pm or post about it. Maybe you could do like we do on the Fanfic discussion thread and just warn us with the word "Spoilers" at the top. Make it big and red. :D

Worst Date: I had two worst dates, both with my now hubby. We have decided we have very mischievous guardian angels, because nothing in our lives has ever gone normally. It's been hilarious, but definitely not normal
My husband dated me while a junior in college. He asked me out the first week of school because he just broke up with his seventh brunette girlfriend and decided to date a blond. Good reason, right? :evil:

We were going to a restaurant and then to a movie. The restaurant took way too long, and my shy and quiet date would not talk with me at all despite my constant prattle. Finally, I just sat there with him bored stiff. He asked if I found him boring, and I answered a resounding, "Yes!" To which he said, "Usually blonds can keep themselves occupied with their shoulder pads." We left the restaurant not speaking to each other. Then we missed the movie and played 11 rounds of miniature golf because we were trying to beat each other. The angels were roaring with laughter.

I told him not to call me, but he did about a week later because his other date got sick. He was going to a carnival and then to one of my favorite Mexican hole-in-a-wall restaurants , and he already had the tickets. I went with him, and we got into a fight about whether or not someone from southern California was a Yankee or not (he is from Texas). We barely talked through a rather odd tasting diner, and then we both got food poisoning from the restaurant. The angels scored again.

The problem was that we went to the same church, so I couldn't avoid him there. In fact, I had to be nice to the creep. We slowly got to know each other under less stressful terms, and 211 days after our first disastrous date, we were married. It's lasted almost 22 years so far.

Oh, and the rotten angels haven't let up yet. :lol:
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

Hope you had a very Happy Birthday Variety. :D

Misfit, if it's not a spoiler, then I 100% want to know what the Twilight reference was. And, if it is a spoiler, I still want to know.... ;)

Worst Date? Been so long since "dating". I'll have to get back with ya'll on that one.
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Alright here we go so they were changing scenes and taking us back to Merlotte's and they show the parking lot and outside of the bar. As they show this a car pulls into the parking lot the car is none other then Bella Swan's truck. This is not a kind of like it was the exact color, year, make, and body styling. It was the same one from the movies my wife and I were like "Hey Bella's coming for a visit!"

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*