Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by Variety »

Sheesh! I keep missing everyone's birthdays. Well, Happy UnBirthday to everyone.

I am ready for the movie, although I won't be seeing a midnight showing. After going to last year's midnight party, getting only 3 hours of sleep, then sitting through 3 school classes, I decided to forgo the crowds this year. I'll be attending the Lexicon's Movie Event on Saturday with the rest of the SLTA, Nissanmama, and a few others. Personally, even though NM looks 100x better to me than TW, I'm looking forward more to seeing all my friends and getting a well-deserved break and some long overdue "me time".
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Variety, I am so glad for you! You deserve some wonderful "me time." :D
However, I am so jealous that I could seriously hate you right now! :lol:
Have a great time, and PLEASE take plenty of pictures for us poor lost souls that have to remain at home. :roll:
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Variety wrote:I'll be attending the Lexicon's Movie Event on Saturday with the rest of the SLTA, Nissanmama, and a few others. Personally, even though NM looks 100x better to me than TW, I'm looking forward more to seeing all my friends and getting a well-deserved break and some long overdue "me time".
I believe SomethingBlue is flying in and I heard a rumor that Stupid Shiney Volvo Owner is going to be there too. My dirty little secret is that I dozed during the midnight showing of TW. ACK! *covers mouth with hand* There! I said it! Somewhere around the garage scene and then again when Bella was in the hotel. I was SO tired no matter how excited I was. I was still on Eastern time and it was 2:00 am for me before the movie started. Add vigorous dancing to Abba's "Dancing Queen" at the pre-movie party and well, I didn't have a prayer to stay wide awake. The Diet Coke at dinner didn't even help. I loved winning my TW movie poster though for my costume as "Mrs. Cope." My costume, was of course, nothing but what I wore to the movie plus my naturally red hair. Mrs. Cope got a raw deal in the movie. She was "High School Administrator" in the movie credits. The actress didn't even have red hair. Edward was disgusted by her inner monologue, but he attempted to manipulate her weakness as well. Mrs. Cope and I share a bond.

I'm really looking forward to the me time as well. My mother has planned a spa day for me on Thursday. I'm getting my hair cut, a facial and full body massage. Ahhhh...

I teach spin and this morning I annoyed my class with movie talk and at least three songs from the TW soundtrack. I haven't picked up the NM soundtrack yet.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

nissanmama wrote: My dirty little secret is that I dozed during the midnight showing of TW. ACK! *covers mouth with hand* There! I said it!
I guess that's less severe than making fun of the movie while watching it. I kept making a crack at Jaz looking like a stoned Edward Scissorhands. I didn't even stop there. I couldn't help but laugh out loud during the biology scene where Edward looked like he couldn't decide if he was constipated or wanted to puke or both or even the cheezy "flashbacks" when Carlisle changed Edward and Esme. Don't even get me started on Razpazz having a 5 o'clock shadow or the horrible make-up job. I think what's worse is thinking to myself, "Wow, James looks better than Edward", and then turning to my gf and asked, "Remind me again why I like Edward instead of James?" :lol:

As you can tell I didn't like the TW movie at all. I was even more vishous when I saw it the second time, BUT I did enjoy the experience of being excited and hanging out with my gfs at midnight. Thankfully, the 20th is a Friday and I don't have to be in work until 10:30 am. So, it all works out. :D
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

cullengirl wrote:I kept making a crack at Jaz looking like a stoned Edward Scissorhands.
YES! Thank you for putting a name to what I've been thinking, but couldn't seem to articulate.
cullengirl wrote:I didn't even stop there. I couldn't help but laugh out loud during the biology scene where Edward looked like he couldn't decide if he was constipated or wanted to puke or both
The SLTA's had a primiere party and we took a picture of everyone duplicating RPatz "about to puke" face.
cullengirl wrote: I was even more vishous when I saw it the second time
HA! BDB slip!
cullengirl wrote:I think what's worse is thinking to myself, "Wow, James looks better than Edward", and then turning to my gf and asked, "Remind me again why I like Edward instead of James?"
Duh, it's because Cam Gigandet is better looking than RPatz in real life. Sure they did a great job of make up, but we're talking raw material here...
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Great BDB slip! I spelled torment wrong last week while teaching a class. She has ruined me!

Cullengirl, I laughed and laughed when I saw what you said about TW. So beautifully stated!
I said the same thing about Jaz out loud in a theater full of my daughter's friends. Epicly bad mommy move. But it's TRUE!
I should so photoshop that and post it! :lol:

Edit:
OK, here they are. There are not many pictures of Jasper WITH hands. A rather frightening coincidence I would say...

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss29 ... o/jas1.jpg
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss29 ... Jasper.jpg
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

N'mama and Openhome, I spelled vicious like vishous on purpose. I had the Bro in my head. *Sigh*

Yes, N'mama, I totally see the appeal of Cam. Robert just doesn't do anything for me. *shrugs*

My gf and I joked that we're Team Jacob for the movie but Team Edward for the books. She made a crack about Taylor's abs and I reminded her again that he's only 17. I called her a cougar (she's my age, lol) and said I couldn't wait for the pack.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Openhome, those pics are hysterical.

My husband just started getting men's health and guess who's on the cover?!!!!

http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/he ... -cover.jpg

Is he old enough to be on the cover of Men's Health? HE IS LOOKING OLD ENOUGH. :twisted:
by Laniyeah on photobucket
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Goodness, Openhome I was laughing hysterically too!! My goodness, my favorite (now I'm laughing again thinking about it) is him sitting at the lunch table with Alice and the gang! Oh MY too funny!!! :lol:

Bac, I thought Taylor turned 18....he's a MAN now...AND if he is on the cover of Men's Health...he's old enough for us to ogle and not feel guilty!!!! :twisted:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

una wrote:Bac, I thought Taylor turned 18....he's a MAN now...AND if he is on the cover of Men's Health...he's old enough for us to ogle and not feel guilty!!!! :twisted:
Finally!