Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by Alphie »

Smitten - I can tell I'm going to have to be a little more specific.

You got the first part right in that I think there is no need to stop, really, unless the vampire needs to feed in order to have more blood in his system to actually be able to complete the process.

And when I said redistributing... I was looking for a word to replace the first four choices that popped into my head that would be less blatantly sexual! I was saying that Stephenie has never ever specified how quickly a vampire can recover after completion so that they could reach completion again. Personally, I think they could go on and on without stopping for a couple of days if they really wanted to! But that's my own opinion.

And fantasy.

:blush: :shock: :blush: :shock: :blush: :shock:

Corona - I'm now giggling over the idea of a male vampire with red eyes watching a beautiful female vampire, then shifting uncomfortably in his seat to readjust his position and not draw attention to the effect she is having on him, only to have her look at him, notice that his eyes are now solid black, and she flashes a bit of thigh at him with a teasing wink.
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Oh my word.... note to self: DO NOT ENTER THE GUTTER DURING LUNCH, ESPECIALLY NOT MID-BITE!!

Alphie~ I don't think you need a red eyed vampire in that scenario, although I suppose your point was that it would be more noticeable than with the gold eye color?? Either way, I think Corona's got a good point there. I mean, E's eyes were always darkening when Bella was looking especially purdy. Hmmm....
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

OMG! :o :swoon:

Before I forget, shout out to Ginnie - love you babe! Love your work ... T as well as or better than M ... just the M is more snicker (and blush) inducing.

corona, not only was I LOL with tears leaking from my eyes, but I will be snickering the rest of the day while trying to keep coworkers and children from knowing what I'm thinking. Snort. "Unusual and quite popular talent...." Double snort and giggle.

Thanks, Alphie, it always helps to drop an anvil on me, I'm a little dense sometimes. So "redistributing" would mean that big word whose first 2 letters were the initials of the name that Bella picked out for a boy. Got it.

Hmm, eye color and blood/venom flow ... Edward over-hunting ... I'll bet there's an R or X rated version of the-draft-that-must-not-be-named out there somewhere. Mr. Prudypants ... ha!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Alphie wrote:Corona - I'm now giggling over the idea of a male vampire with red eyes watching a beautiful female vampire, then shifting uncomfortably in his seat to readjust his position and not draw attention to the effect she is having on him, only to have her look at him, notice that his eyes are now solid black, and she flashes a bit of thigh at him with a teasing wink.
Alphie, there is no doubt that this is clearly supported in the text:

I couldn't walk as slowly as I should as I darted from the room. If anyone had been looking at me, they might have suspected that there was something not right about the way I moved.

'nuff said, it's so obvious.

And then there was Edward's pitch black eyes when he reunites with Bella in New Moon. The lack of hunting, though it didn't help the situation, was just one factor. Stephenie gives the whole thing away when Aro insists on Edward wearing a robe: "Take this. You’re a little conspicuous."

Bella could sometimes be so naive! And her little lap-sitting stunt could have caused even Edward to pass out. It was at that point Edward finally realized "She is the One!" I was so glad that the story finally returned to romance, even though the mood was threatened with the obvious implications of Edward having to throw the robe away. Why? Please, this shouldn't have to be explained.

I'm so glad we can finally discuss the science of Twilight here instead of the usual Gutter nonsense.

:D :wave: :D :wave: :hello:

Okay, seriously now, that is way too much power given to the female vamps. A feigned disinterest is one of the tactics we all use at certain times, taking that away from the male vamps is just unfair.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

corona wrote:
Alphie, there is no doubt that this is clearly supported in the text:

I couldn't walk as slowly as I should as I darted from the room. If anyone had been looking at me, they might have suspected that there was something not right about the way I moved.

'nuff said, it's so obvious.
OH!

MY!

GOD!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

PERFECTION! No really! It's too perfect!

I haven't been so inspired to write fan fic for Twilight in YEARS and now I have this horrid dirty plot bunny hopping around begging to be let free!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

AH, the titles that come to mind...

Blood for Lust
Forever Risen
The Rising Cold
Popsicle of Pleasure
The Blood Filled Stone
Dark Eyes, Big Popsicles

*and AH has nothing over us canon folk!*
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Alphie, well, it was actually your and Smitten's comments that inspired me to go back and take a look. The whole first chapter of that book-that-must-not-be-named definitely has a different meaning when you replace the word "kill" with, uh, another word.

And apologies to Ginnie, I hope no one had to resort to the Heimlich maneuver. :shock:

BTW, I also agree with the theory that blood is needed in order to recruit new sailors to the team. After all, you can't create something from nothing. All venom-based fluids have to be replaced from time to time, so blood provides both energy and matter.

Once the ship docks and the sailors disembark, then time is obviously needed in order to recruit more sailors. That doesn't necessarily mean, though, that the ship's engines are cut off, it all depends upon the captain. Most captains call it a night, but some are capable of staying at the helm. Having sailors on board and floating pleasantly in dock are two separate things.

Sometimes bad luck hits and you are lost in the storm, like the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. Sometimes the tugboat Bella has to lead the Edmund back to a safe harbor, multiple times, until the Edmund is finally anchored and the hatches have been battened down. Those two work as a team. That good and fair tugboat never has to perform a salvage operation, and the Edmund is never, ever dry-docked.

OK, I forgot what I was talking about.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

Do you know that the next time my daughter asks for a purple popsicle, I'm going to have a difficult time explaining what's so funny.

Popsicles.

I knew it was dangerous to come out here for this discussion. The last time was several years ago and we ended up using Vampire spoo as everything from body lotion that leaves behind a sparkle sheen all the way to wall paper paste that left a pleasant smell. Now we've got a never ending supply of sailors and a captain who has to learn to stay the helm in order for the right amount of sailors to leave the dock periodically throughout the night.

Oi!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Oh, lord. I so need to photoshop sparkling little sailors!

I wonder if the safe port sparkles as well. It must, right?
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Openhome wrote:Oh, lord. I so need to photoshop sparkling little sailors!

I wonder if the safe port sparkles as well. It must, right?
Why, yes, that port sparkles as well, and never so much as when it's one true ship comes in. And only that one ship is registered for that particular port, did I mention that?

It might not have been so at one time, however. There was a pirate ship lurking off the coast captained by the infamous pirate Blackbeard. Oh, he put on a good show and the airs of an upright sparkly captain, but he secretly wanted to ransack the harbor for its booty. Sometimes that noble tugboat would meet Blackbeard out in the open water, but only the tugboat knew how to navigate back to the harbor, and Blackbeard was never allowed safe passage, even though he really, really wanted to dock in the worst way. Sometimes his sailors would get too restless at night and mutiny, and then they would have to swab the decks quickly before Blackbeard's father stormed out of his cabin wondering what all the commotion was about. Blackbeard was never caught, though, and his father never figured out why the sails were always in the washer the next morning.

The End