Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by Ouisa »

KISSING! I need me some good kissing scenes! I don't get all melty for the more descriptive, intricate, intimate scenes but the kissing! MMMMM! I also like my fictional boys a bit tortured....a bit angsty. Snark is a bonus too.

Of course this is funny because I've loved Jake since NM and in that book there is no kissing and no torture. Jake's a special case for me I guess. I love him because he's my idea non-fictional crush. Warm, honest, open, caring, a best friend that will take you out on the motorcycles (or in my case roller skating). Kinda funny....want tortured angsty fictional men and open honest real life ones. Why choose right?

What I look for in a main female character is someone confident, competent and snarky. I LOVE stories with strong female characters. I guess this is why I am so obsessed with everything Joss Weadon puts out.

BAC, orange was the color of administrators on the website I used to run for the Host. It's Ouisa's favorite color (which is really funny because my actual self despises the color.) But I did go to Forks today and wore all orange in remembrance of Ouisa.
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

The Great Gatsby.... LOVE IT!!!!

Well, good looks are a plus for sure. But, it's so hard I think to have a main male character described so that a majority will think he is attractive, ya know? I kinda read their description, but then twist it to my own image of them too. :lol:
But, I love the Edward syndrome. Perfect, because/inspite of all his imperfections, ya know?
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Happy Birthday Oleander!

Ouisa, that helps. I was thinking it had something to do with your favorite color. I have some picture in my head of you and Nena at Walmart buying a bunch of orange stuff. Don't know if I am remembering correctly or if I am mixing my realities.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Post by Ouisa »

Actually I didn't go to Walmart with them that day but I was in Forks with them during that weekend. The orange at walmart was for a different reason. Silly Bella wrote a HYSTERICAL fan fiction about Edward at Walmart buying condoms. Alice went with him and for some reason bought all the orange things she could find. So Nena and others went to the Walmart in Port Angles and got orange things as a tribute to that awesome story.

On a similar note while driving through Forks yesterday, I saw the County Family Planning office....and thought now that's where Edward should have gone before their honeymooon!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I remember that story. It was hysterical. That's funny about the County Family Planning Office. Poor Edward had no idea what he was getting into. Of course, do any of us really?
by Laniyeah on photobucket
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

bac wrote:Ouisa, that helps. I was thinking it had something to do with your favorite color. I have some picture in my head of you and Nena at Walmart buying a bunch of orange stuff. Don't know if I am remembering correctly or if I am mixing my realities.

hee -- gorgeously mixed realities indeed! As ouisa explained. For anyone interested, Silly Bella's famous fanfic can be found here.

Yay for being in Forks, and all dressed in orange! Flipflops too? As for the County Family Planning Office...(*giggle*). Too late at night to think about this!
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals Annex **Eclipse Spoilers**

Post by cullengirl »

I think it's interesting that the movies are being made now that all of the books in the Saga are out. I began wondering (you know me) that if the book that we try to ignore wasn't written, would the concept of theme be explored much more in the movie? In other words, did they take out everything (i.e. TGDS flashbacks, etc) because it's inconsistent with how Bella's and Edward's story ends?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Happy Birthday Oleander!

QOTD: What draws me to a male character is their personality and how they handle their flaws. They can be physically handsome, but I lose interest if they're boring. Regardless of what December says *winks*, I do love Edward even with all of his imperfections. I just have a crowbar handy that's all. *grins*
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Happy Birthday Oleander!!!!

Hmmm, as to the QOTD: I enjoy tall, dark, brooding but with a sense of humor. Tortured can be a plus, but they must be fiercely protective but gentle in the methods and petting is a plus. :twisted:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

ouisa wrote:Kinda funny.... want tortured angsty fictional men and open honest real life ones. Why choose right?

EXACTLY!!!!

Swoony viewpoint in a nutshell. Obviously a closet swoony (*ducks*).

I'll second your suggestion, Una. Oh, and fiendishly intelligent.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLEANDER!
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”