Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by LadyDi »

Hi Openhome and Corona,
I ran out of books to read (a shock!) this summer and so I decided to re-read all my Sookie books. I'm usually not a re-reader. The Charlaine Harris forum board on her website is very nice - lots of dedicated moderators that respond quickly to questions, and Charlaine even pops by on occasion to say hello - but since the Lex was my very first online community experience, it will hold a special place in my heart. They have a strict "no teams" policy, which I can see the benefit of (no in-fighting between fans). I have a feeling that Twilight fan boards have highly influenced other fan boards, with the "teams" and other elements. What other things have Twilight fans done that have influenced other fandoms, in your opinion?
It makes sense that things would heat up with the release of the Guide. I actually don't mind a semi-quiet board. Thank you for the responses!
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Sorry for going off topic for a bit, but I wanted to wish our very lovely Una a very happy birthday! I hope you enjoy your wonderful day. You deserve it! :hug:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Openhome wrote:the Lex is still the strongest, but it's nothing compared to what it was like
Wow, I can't keep up now. I can understand an obsession fading over 6 years or even less. I don't know how long I'll be keeping my head in Forks, although I certainly adore some of the people here. And I can see where, over that span of time, you might start to feel like pretty much everything has been said.

I see you've shortened your location, corona, although I was partial to the long version - it had character.

cullengirl, your avatar reminded me of a bumper sticker I saw recently, on a silver Volvo SUV: "I drive like a Cullen." I've been giggling about it for weeks ... especially since right when I first got interested in the series, I drove really, really fast for about a month. Luckily, no tickets (or accidents!).
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I think what made the fandom seem to fade is the movies and the extreme popularity of the books. It wasn't our best kept secret anymore. At least for me, it took the charm away. I still, however, make references to the book.
cullengirl, your avatar reminded me of a bumper sticker I saw recently, on a silver Volvo SUV: "I drive like a Cullen." I've been giggling about it for weeks ... especially since right when I first got interested in the series, I drove really, really fast for about a month. Luckily, no tickets (or accidents!).
LOL! Yup, I saw all kinds of things relating back to the Cullens. Just today, I made a comment to my coworker (who I got hooked on the TW saga) that I wished the Cullens were at the school to help set up for school registration next week. See, it never fully goes away!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

The Staff of Alice’s Party Planning Committee are pleased to invite you to

A Celebration of the Fifth Year of Forever - The Fifth Wedding Anniversary of
Edward Anthony Masen Cullen and Isabella Marie Swan Cullen

An All-Week Woodland Event beginning Saturday, August 13th, 2011
In the White Mountains National Forest in New Hampshire
(contained for the week within the Alice’s Party Planning Committee topic)

Weather is predicted to be cool and overcast with possible thunderstorms. Sport equipment will be available.
Look for the Anniversary Bower in the Dartmouth Range.

Bring tents, if desired, and personal items. Bears are within easy hunting range. The Cullens request that you do not feed locally on humans. Human guests are encouraged to potluck.

We hope to see you there!
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Woo hoo! I will definitely be there! Thanks, Smitten!
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

A Postscript from the Staff at Alice's Party Planning Committee:

Couples are requested to "camp" away from the Teen Thread. The upper Tuckerman's Ravine trail, and the Resolution Shelter at the top of the Davis trailhead, are currently closed and would appear to be good "camping" sites. :D

Thank you!
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

I headed over to Tuckerman's, but it was getting rather loud. The nerve of some of these couples!

I might try the Shelter. I had to come back and do a little weedwhacking in my backyard, though. And guess what, I stumbled across signs of the wolf pack in some of the thick grass. And it was fresh. I don't think it was my own dogs, they would never do that to me. Here's a tip, never apply a weed trimmer to fresh, damp, you-know-what. It tends to spray.

Jacob is a dead man. I'm bringing my bat. :twisted:

The shower comes first, though.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hahahaha! That happens all the tim to us, Corona! Dogs! They will ruin your yard and your life!

I got Edward and Bella this gift for the happy couple!

I will see you guys in the adult section of the playground!
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

corona, I am regretting that I made those suggestions. Tuckerman's Ravine seems to have turned into a bit of a Lovers' Lane, and when I last checked just before sunset, it no longer resembled the picture we have. Turf has been ripped up, shrubs have been flattened, a couple of trees are down, and in places the ravine was approximately a foot lower than previously. We are hoping that we get a real gullywasher of a storm to blur some of the damage. Let me know about the Shelter - if the damage is too bad we may have to fake a lightening strike.

We will make sure to provide sporting equipment tomorrow, to distract happy, vacationing couples, even if only briefly. Otherwise we will hope that future damage is more spread out.

In the meantime, I am very sorry about the wolves' "gifts" ... perhaps Leah could give them an attitude adjustment for you. If I see Jacob, I'll let you know. Baseball bats will be available by tomorrow on the APPC topic.

Openhome, your gift(s) are beautiful ... and I'm sure Bella and Edward could use another house by now :twisted: