Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by Nena »

The latest avatar of the Gutter Thread (I think we've all lost count by now...).

WARNING!
This is the PG+ (or maybe PG-13!) rated Adult thread. For G-rated conversations, see the Heavenly Hash Adult Thread.

Here are Ouisa's original thread guidelines, carried over from previous threads. If you are new to this thread, PLEASE READ THEM:

Welcome to the Gutter: please follow these rules to prevent us all from drowning in this thread or any other.

It is important to remember that the main forums are not a chat room or an IM feature. Posts need to be of some length and relate to the topic. One line posts, especially just saying LOL or something similar take up a lot of room and are hard for people to wade through when they have many pages to catch up on.

Related to that, it's not necessary to post just to say good morning, goodnight or to "keep the thread alive." You can certainly say good morning at the top of your first post of the day, but don't make it the ONLY thing you say. As for keeping the thread alive, it's not going anywhere. It will still be here long after all of us have moved on to newer things.

Quoting. The quote feature is neat. And helpful but when quoting, delete out the parts of the quote that aren't necessary to your response. Quoting, especially when pictures are included take up TONS of room on the lex and make it hard for all of us. It's quick and easy to cut out the parts that are unnecessary. Quoting is also one of the easiest places to fall into IM behavior. It is so frustrating to have to scroll through tons of quotes just to get an "I agree." questions that don't benefit the whole group, or are directed at one person need to go into the PM feature. If we constantly repost things like links or topics from the past, we burn through unnecessary pages.

Straying off topic. This one is probably the hardest, since we are an off-topic thread. So I can't ask for much here, perhaps just a little mindfulness when it comes to posting. Consider if it is something for the whole group, or something that belongs in a PM.

Those of us who started out on this thread LOVE it. It has been our home here. We love new people, and new ideas. We do want everyone to play nice and have fun. We would hate for something to happen to this thread.

This thread (well version 2 of this thread) started as a "safe" place that adults could come and discuss the books, theories, and a few other topics. Many of us felt we had little in common with the teens that posted on the majority of the threads. Also many of us were very put off by all the hate post-eclipse or by getting flamed for our more adult opinion based on our broader experience. Usually someone would post a question and we would all weigh in. It was great!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : *insert new title here*

Post by bac »

From the previous thread I like Una's FULL MOON BAKING...so many things that could be. I love it.

The other night some of us were on YM and we came up with a new word and now I can't remember what it was. Vampbard said she would remember, Nissanmama, LadyDi, do either of you remember the word? Boy is my brain mush. I thought it was funny at the time, and now it will probably be silly (had to do with hot tubing). Oh well.

I finally saw HP. Loved it. Today is the 21st, do we lift the ban on talking about the new psy changeling book? I won't start until you all give me the go ahead. Steamy....
by Laniyeah on photobucket
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I don't remember either bac. I think it was Vampbard's word. What do you think about just leaving the title "insert title here" It has kind of a nice ring to it. *snort*

MMmm...Riley, yes.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

I like "Baking in the Moonlight" and "Full Moon Baking."

Nima- *huge snort* "Insert title here..." now THAT is guttery!!! :twisted:
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted. A new thread already . . . mmm, love that new thread smell. For a name, how about something in honor of this week's eclipse - supposedly this total of an eclipse only happens once every 200 years. I wish I knew more about it, like when to watch, but I deleted the email from my account that had the info. Drat. So, how about . . . uhmmm . . .well, I'm no good at coming up with names.

So, I've been busy this summer working on projects, trying to finish things before Fall semester starts. The last 2 weeks, I've been scrapbooking my Twilight/SLTA stuff. Going through all my pictures of the Forks, Seattle, Port Angeles, the Hoh rainforest, the Gutter Gals, . . . all makes me wish we could do it again. Then, many more of us could meet in RL.

I haven't seen HP either. I've got to use a cinemark gift card, and you can't use it during the first 2 weeks of a new show. Now, my son (who I promised to take, and the only one I'll take to see it in the theater) is at scout camp, so I have to wait till next week. Also, I've got to finish rereading the series before I go. It's been too long, and I've forgotten lots of details. I like having read them beforehand, so my mind can fill in details that book-to-movie adaptations leave out. Seeing OOTP, I would have been lost if I hadn't.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

*sniffing* I just LOVE new thread smell.

Hi Variety, glad to see you! Hope all is going well!

*Snort* I agree, "*insert new title here*" does have a ring, but I am thrilled and humbled you guys actually like a couple of my suggestions.

Yes, I posted, sorta, on the Psy/Changling series, check it out!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

*sighs*
I was wondering how come I hadnt got any emails lately. Glad I found my way back. Teeheehee.... We can always find our way back to the Gutter!!!!

Since New Moon is almost here. Instead of "Waiting", what about.... Baking For New Moon.... ;)
I also like "Baking in the Moonlight".
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Either Full Moon Baking or Baking in the Moonlight work for me too. Kinda like the Insert joke, but I think that it might get old. Glad to see the new thread, I also had to go looking...
By the way, the archives are HILARIOUS. I intend to spend a few hours tomorrow stalking old conversations.
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Openhome, you'll recognize some of the names on there. I went back and looked a few weeks ago on one of the old gutter threads. Ahh, too funny.

I found this cute guy today, I like his body, but I really like his LIPS.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

bac wrote:I found this cute guy today, I like his body, but I really like his LIPS.
Oooh, yes very pouty, kissable lips!

I will go with whatever title you all like. I'm easy (plus...I came up with them so I did like them to begin with). ;)
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!