Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by Openhome »

Twilightmom, we have plenty of room, head on over. :D
That is so sad about New Moon! You don't have anyone? I'm sorry, and I'm sorry you are so bummed. It is almost worth putting out in an e-mail at work or something. I am sure SOMEONE would reply.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

**Bounces up and down in seat with a WIDE grin on her face**
26 hours, ladies!!!!! This time tomorrow night, I will be at the premier party awaiting the beginning of the movie!!!
Tomorrow will have to pass quickly or I will totally EXPLODE!!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I could so use some Ritalin right now! I get the morning off, so I have plans to work on the house / laundry / bills. Then my daughter popped in the New Moon Soundtrack (which I practically had to rip her room apart to find) and now I am way too excited to even THINK about bills. *sigh*
I thought growing up would make me more focussed. :lol:
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Twimom: I wish I was near you. We would've had a blast going. I hope you do get to see it this weekend with someone. Crossing fingers for you!

I'm so giddy today. Of course, once I got to work I looked up the Chicago Tribune website to see if there was a movie review. I was happy to find that the critic gave NM 3 stars! Here's the review. I laughed out loud with the comment on Rob's hair (which surprisingly didn't bother me in "TW" as I thought it would) and the idea that Taylor's abs were a separate character. Counting down the hours! My gf is picking me up at 10:10 tonight and we want to get there early to get some good seats. We're anticipating a huge line since the movie is now bigger than the first.

After work, I'm going to get the soundtrack that I reserved from the library. Right now, playing the NM playlist on SM's website, which is my favorite playlist out of all 4 books.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Is it tomorrow yet? I so do not want to be at work, rather be watching New Moon!

Ha, you would think we adults could be more patient about this... :roll:

CG have fun tonight!

TwiMom, I hope you get to see it with someone!

ETA: I loved the review CG, did you read the comments to it?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Yes, I did read the comments, Una. One of the bad things of having the Twilight series so popular are the people who denounce it without reading it or watching the movies because it's so called "popular" or "mainstream". I've also read harsh reviews of the soundtrack (which I've yet to listen to in order to give my assessment of it) because of the movie.

What miffed me about the Tribune review is the comment of the screenplay writer's skills are better than SM's. Really? I thought the screenplay for "TW" the movie was my main reason why I disliked the first movie so much. There was absolutely no tension or chemistry between the main characters. There was so banter between Edward and Bella that was cut out from the movie, which makes me even more curious as to how "NM" feels that gap between the intense love between E & B and why Edward leaving is a big hole for both characters. Anywho, I've done my best to not watch any of trailers 2 and 3 as well as any clips on the entertainment show so I won't have a bias when I watch the final version in the theaters.

I must say though that KStew seems to grow on me. She's a lot more comfortable in her skin and with the popularity of the series this time. She comes off as being appreciative of the fans. She has been pleasant in her interviews. Taylor has been adorable and though Razpaz does nothing for me, he does seem like he's enjoying his time. I guess they kinda knew this time what to expect. :lol: We twilight fans (I hate the twihard word) are pretty serious and die hard when it comes to our favorite characters. :P
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I completely agree. For a positive review, he was really pithy (thanks to one of the commentators). Plus, how, as a movie goer, do you compare the writing of the screen play to the book? Hello, two different mediums, the screen play, at least I didn't, isn't read and a book is...you SEE the screen play in action on the screen. Plus, I agree, there were some scenes I didn't agree with how they went down. I did overall like Twilight but I felt there were some things that could have been better. As well, I have been avoiding everything about New Moon (except the trailers and I have only see 2) so I won't be influenced before seeing it. However, with the increased budget, I have a feeling it might be better.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Woooooooo, 27 hours for me!!! I'm trying to get excited, but I've got the dang 3-hour glucose tolerance test in the morning at 8, which means I'm going to have to get up early. Then I need to go to the store for a few things. I'm meeting my group around 5 for dinner. Hopefully I can get a nap since I'll be out late. Plus, I'm really not looking forward to having to sit for 2 1/2 hours...kinda rough on my 30-weeks-along preggo self. Aw, Twi-mom, can I join your downer party? I AM excited to see the movie, just not as fever-pitched as I was for Tw. I've seen the trailers and tv spots, but I've watched NONE of the interviews and have only read a few of the articles posted on here. I purposely did that, because I read and watched everything they fed us last year, and it "kind of" spoiled the movie for me...they showed all the important stuff...I understand, they had to build hype for it. Anyway, so this should be exciting, getting to see the movie without "really" knowing what all is there. :)
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

FINALLY!!!! IT'S TIME TO LEAVE FOR THE THEATER...THE PARTY...TWILIGHT FIRST, THEN ....ahhhhhhh!!! ...NEW MOON!!!
*SKIPS TO THE CAR SINGING MEET ME ON THE EQUINOX*
:D
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Why has the gutter not been updating me? Apologies for my absence.
("Who is this chick?", most people are probably muttering right now.)
I got advanced screening tickets thanks to the awesome cullengirl and will see it at 10:00 p.m. today (Nov. 19).
I'm looking forward to it, although other things in life are clogging my joy. My husband said: "I will only say this once - you go and have a good time at your movie." "Why only once?", I asked. "Because I don't want to say anything good about that movie." was the reply. Can you tell that my hubby will NOT be joining me in the theatre? :roll:
I'm going by myself and I'll go again in two weeks with my coven. I've got my "Tua Cantata" shirt on and everything, waiting for when I have to leave for the movie theatre.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!