Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by una »

I am jealous LadyDi, I can't wear my Twilight shirt...too preggo. :evil: And did I mention that you can't get Twilight stuff in maternity?!?! What is up with that...or are that saving that for when the do Breaking Dawn's movie?!?!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

LadyDi wrote:Why has the gutter not been updating me? Apologies for my absence.
("Who is this chick?", most people are probably muttering right now.)
I got advanced screening tickets thanks to the awesome cullengirl and will see it at 10:00 p.m. today (Nov. 19).
LadyDi: When we last spoke and you mentioned you didn't have tickets, I had to fix that problem!

It's funny, my mom was surprised that I was going tonight. She said, "But it's not the 20th yet". My reply, "Well, technically it is at 12:01 am." She shook her hand. My family will never understand my obsession. *Sigh*

To all those going to a midnight showing, enjoy and please be safe!

Una: It really wouldn't surprise me if they had maternity clothes for BD. I mean they have a NM meal at Burger King for Cullen's sake!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

UNA~ there are maternity shirts! I didn't get one, though.

http://www.cafepress.com/+twilight+womens-maternity
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I may go see the movie today by myself *sniffsniff*. I only have one t-shirt and it is a Twilight Lexicon shirt. Should I wear it?

Hubby and I were talking last night trying to figure out when he will be able to go see the movie. We were thinking maybe next Friday or Saturday morning. Such busy lives, what are we thinking not ptting New Moon first! :lol: My "EWE" key jst stopped working on me. That is not good.

I hope yo all had a great time at the movie!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Hey everyone...

first, thank you for the thoughts, prayers, and hugs! The healing process is on-going!

But on to a happier note!! I saw it, I saw it, I saw it!!!!! Went to the theater at about 8 and they were already seating!!! Talk about insane. So after a really long wait (luckily, sitting down though) the previews started and the then the screen froze!! They were having trouble with the projector!! We won't even discuss the yelling and booing going on! Luckily it only took 10 minutes to fix otherwise I was seriously worried there was going to be a riot!

I don't want to say anything about the movie because I knew so many haven't had the chance to see it yet, but can I just say, YAY!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm dying to know what you all thought who have seen it!!!!

Thank you Naureen!!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Fan: I would've been anxious about the movie mishap! My gf and I left for the theaters at 10 pm and there were already huge lines inside! Apparently, they were showing "Twilight" at 9 pm. There were a total of 6 screens and all of them were packed. :shock: We moved from screen to screen in order to get good seats. We were, of course, near teens who wouldn't shut up before the movie and during the previews. I was worried they'd spoil the movie for me, but glad they didn't. Btw, if you want to discuss the movie then PM me. It's hard to contain the excitement. :)

I will not speak of the movie either, but as someone who hated the first movie, I was very, very happy with NM! It was SO much better- the acting, the make-up, special effects, etc. Heck, I'm even contemplating on seeing it again on screen. :lol:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

I won't speak about the content of the movie yet, but I'll mention the experience.
I went by myself to a 10:00 p.m. showing. I went to a location 30 min away from me and bought my tickets online in advance (once again, thanks to the sweet cullengirl for hooking me up).
To my surprise and delight (I have a slight fear of crowds), not only was the theatre not packed (I had an empty seat on each side of me, and I sat in the first row of the main chunk of seats), it wasn't filled with overly-enthusiastic teens! I did show up to the wrong theatre and had to walk 5 blocks to the real one, which was fine since I arrived extra early, but stunk when it was after midnight and I was walking myself in the cold rain back to where I originally parked.
I look forward to talking with you about it. fanMNM, I'm sorry to hear you haven't been well. I'll read earlier posts to get caught up so you don't have to re-hash the issue.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Ended up seeing the movie by myself. I couldn't wait and I had the energy to go. Luckily there were a few other "single" ladies in the house.

I liked the movie a lot and enjoyed it more than the first movie. I have what I think will be an unusual favorite line from the movie. I'll wait to talk about it of course.

I'm curious also about the Lexicon NM event in UT. I think it is tomorrow and I heard they are giving away something from the movie. I want to know what it is! I hope all of you that are going to the event have a wonderful time.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Argh! The Lex isn't updating again. Grrr...
Anyway, I am very excited to see it tomorrow, and now that I know everyone likes it, I don't think I will even be able to sleep. :D
Today is the first day of deer season in Wisconsin - and most of the female population is so glad they had a chick flick for opening day. Seriously, another teacher was commenting on how it was obviously a marketing tool that they chose today to open New Moon because they knew it was the "Opener of the Hunt." :roll:
Anyway, the entire student body was dressed in Blaze Orange (Blaze Orange Day - Show Your School Spirit Before You Shoot! -- I'm not kidding). At the ending bell, a loud, bass shout went out through the school as a wave of masculine orange hit the halls. After a minute, the male voices began to sing the following lyrics to "The Ride of the Valkyries" (the Apocalypse Now song):
Kill the white tails
Kill the white tails
Kill the white tails
Eat 'em up.

It was hilarious.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Well, I ended up going to see NM today by myself, even though I do have tickets to see it tomorrow. I was just planning on waiting till tomorrow but I wanted to get myself out of the funk that I felt creeping in, so I decided to see the movie today.

I was surprised that the theatre was actually packed, mostly couples but there were a few single ladies who were there. I thought I hit the jackpot when one lady sat next to me who came by herself but then I soon realized that she was a fan only based on the TW movie and not a fan from the books.

I realized this when she started saying that Bella shouldn't trust that it was acutally Alice in her house. She kept saying that it's a trap just run. Now if you read the book, you know what was happening. Also, she stated up front that she was so Team Edward but every time Jake (Taylor) showed up on screen she was like, he's just too hot, maybe I will be Team Jacob.

From the where I was sitting, I think there were alot of Team Jacob ladies sitting and alot of the Team Edward people were kind of rooting more for Jacob. Poor Jake!

Well, another show tomorrow and possibly more next week.

So for those who have seen NM, how do you think it compared to TW? I'm still up in the air between the two but one thing I can say is that the wolf scenes were great! I didn't expect them to be so good but I couldn't be any happier with the outcome.

I'm another one, wondering how the Lex NM event went!
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!