Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by SweetKay »

Hi Everyone!!

I know some of you from the Twilight FanFic Discussion Thread. But there is not much New Moon movie discussion over on that thread, and rightly so.

Nissanmama, the Lexican SLC movie event sounded like SO much fun!! Thanks for sharing your experience! I so badly wanted to attend. I live in Thornton, Colorado, part of the Denver metro area and was considering driving to SLC, but I could not find someone as Twilight obsessed as I am that wanted to drive with me "just to see a movie!!" Imagine!! Ahhhh well maybe for Eclipse!!

Openhome, what fun to have the theatre all to yourself, family and friends! That must have been such a great experience. I took Friday off of work (for my birthday!) and went to the 10am show and it was a very good experience. The theatre was full, but it wasn't full of screaming tweens. It was a nice mix of young, middle and more mature viewers and everyone was very respectful.

New Moon was everything I was hoping for, after what I personally consider, a subpar Twilight movie experience. I feel that Kristen and Rob have really grown in their acting and portrayal of Bella and Edward. Kristen was amazing! Of course, the improved directing of Chris Weitz was a major, very obvious infulence. Chris's vision for New Moon was so huge. Thank you!! I am absoutely Team Edward, but I have to give Taylor major kudos for a very, very good Jacob. He did a good job with Jacob's charcter. And I LOVED the wolves, they looked so real! Wonderful job on New Moon and a very satisifying movie experience. I look forward to seeing it again and soaking in many more details that are hard to see on the first showing.
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I saw New Moon on Friday, first showing. The theatre was only 3/4 full, we had good seats. My "bookbuddy" and I had a blast, although she had gone to the midnight showing the night before. Bless her, she said she'd see it again with me when we'd discussed it. She said it was even better her second time through. I LOVED it! A vast improvement on Twilight movie. I think they really got the kinks out with the acting and portrayal of characters. I agree with Alice's clothes (what on earth?!?), there was an editing issue that really bugged me in the "reunion" scene right after Bella gets Edward back from the light, and some lines that I wish were there that weren't, and Edward's black volvo. I understand it is dark grey, but it looks black and it bugs me. I think this adaptation is WAY better than Twilight. I don't know if the director change, larger budget or MR having a better idea of HOW to adapt The Twilight Saga (after seeing reviews and fan reactions to the first one) was the difference but it was a thousand times smoother and just better captured the feel of New Moon than Twilight did.

Nima congratulations on winning the cloak, that's awesome! Glad you had a good time and just knowing I was there is enough for me! :D Thanks Buddy!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Una: I completely agree with the dislike of Rosalie and Alice's wardrobe. Can they please fix Jaz's hair?! He really looks like he's got an afro. :lol: I was glad that they tried to make light of his character with his two funny lines.

For some reason, my favorite chapters seemed to be cut from the movies. Chapter 13, the meadow, was cut up in pieces in the first movie. Chapter 23 of New Moon, the truth chapter, was also cut. I do agree with Variety that the scene between Volterra and the vote would've been great since there's not a big epiphany for Bella in the movie. Anyone else looking forward to seeing Carlise's past in NM?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Hi SweetKay!

una shared this link to a blog post that I thought we should all get to enjoy. It is pretty funny (at least I really enjoyed it). It does have spoilers from the movie.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/20 ... ml#photo=1
by Laniyeah on photobucket
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

bac wrote:una shared this link to a blog post that I thought we should all get to enjoy. It is pretty funny (at least I really enjoyed it). It does have spoilers from the movie.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/20 ... ml#photo=1
I'm glad you liked it! I thought it was funny too. So funny, that I was laughing loud enough during lunch that my coworkers walked over and asked what I found so funny. :oops:

Oh, and welcome Sweet Kay!! Glad you came to join us!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Happy Thanksgiving Week!

I hope it is a lovely week for all, whether you are in the US celebrating Thanksgiving or anywhere else in the world having another regular week. May you enjoy good food, family and football.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Thanks bac! I was coming on to wish everyone Happy Thanksgiving as well!! My family and I are on our way tomorrow to Orlando to visit my in-laws. But first, for a special treat to myself, I'm going to see New Moon for the 2nd time tonight :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week! May your homes and hearts be full and warm!!

Thank you Naureen!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

I'm just "running by" b/c I still haven't seen the movie and I want to be spoiler free! Like LadyDi and others - I've really avoided seeing/hearing anything about the movie - hoping for more surprises this time around. I'm hoping to see it soon - maybe tomorrow, but I have to see what the hubby is up to, first. I may get to sneak out after I go grocery shopping EARLY tomorrow! Happy Turkey Day! I am thankful for my LEX FRIEMILY! :D
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
una

Post by una »

Thank you all! Happy Thanksgiving to you all as well (and Happy Week to those that don't celebrate Thanksgiving)!!!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Happy Thanksgiving for those that do, and Happy Un-Thanksgiving for those that don't! :D

It's at our house again, but I love to cook. I just hate to clean. Anyway, I have a world of things to be thankful for, most of all my wonderful family, terrific friends, and awesome Lexi-family.
Love you all! Have a great one!!

Kayla