Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Hi Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

First of all, it's soooo good to see you guys are still here!!! I miss you guys and I miss the Lex, especially the Gutter!!! It's been a while!!

Cullengirl I'm glad to see you're here!!! PM me!!
Nissanmama I miss your wonderful jokes and creativity.
Una I'm so glad you remember me. My trip to Lebanon was amazing. THis was actually a little over a year ago around this time. (This just shows how long I haven't been around :P )

Ok now for the real good stuff!!

I went to see New Moon on Saturday with my younger cousins, I had work that day from 2pm to 11pm. I talked to my GM to change my schedule for that day a couple of days before giving the excuse that I needed to run the Kids event earlier that morning (FYI I work at Borders bookstores) So then he says ok come in at 10 and stay till 7pm. Here was the dilemma. My brother works in LA Live which was pretty much selling out for tickets for New Moon. He was able to hook me up with exactly 3 tickets to see it at 8 pm that evening AAAAAAAAAAND!!!! In the premiere house that fits around 900 people!!! I was excited and happy and really wanted to go!! My work is in Pasadena and my cousins are in Sherman Oaks. I needed to leave work, go pick up my cousins and then drive to LA Live on time to make it for the movie. (See the dilemma\??) So after 2 days of begging and pleading to my boss he finally agreed to leaving at 6:45 pm no earlier.

The reason why he wouldn't let me leave early was because I needed to cover the floor while the other supervisor went on his hour break. So the guy needed to go on break at 5:45 in order for me to leave at 6:45. Well it's 6 pm and he STILL didn't go to lunch. I talk to my colleaguer and he said that he would manage and let's me go on time (Woohoo!!)

I drive like crazy to my cousins' and pick them up. Then drive home to pick up the tickets from my brother and then to LA Live. I drop off my cousins in front of the theatre so I can go find parking.The only place for parking available was a block away. And it was hard finding a spot. I finally park then run out of the car to make it. Then I couldn't find my ticket!!! So I ruch back to the car and find it there. I run back to the the theatres and we get in. We found the people waiting in line to get tickets was crazy so I felt so lucky!!! We get in and we find the house packed!!!!!!!!!!!! Bless my cousin's heart for having better vision than I do, she finds exactly 3 seats in the middle of the first floor (The theatre had also a 2nd and 3rd florr balcony seating). I litterally start stepping on people's feet that are sitting down trying to go through the isle to get to the seats. I've never heard so many people say OW!!! And I ask if the seats were taken!!! THey weren't so we sat down. It was such a rush for me. THe movie was amazing and literally revived my love for the books since it's been a while I haven't been as infatuated as I was before. (sometimes the media and the obsessed fans can be a turn off. No offense to anyone!!) Everyone was cheering and screaming when we saw the brown Summit logo and we knew it started. It was really well made. There were parts I would have appreciated to be played right or to be put in. I would have also liked Kristen to cry during THE END scene. But all in all it was amazing. Alot of people cheered for Jacob. I am Team Edward and so (warning spoiler alert!!)in the end when Edward asks Bella to marry him I told my cousins to brace themselves during the pause (since they never read the books) and when he said it, I screamed out GO EDWARD WOOOOOOO! and I hear the boiggest screams and applauding in the theatre.

THe movie was amazing!!! I appreciate how great the actors were, especially Taylor who did a fantastic job. The Volturi fight scene was a surprise but it was very good, I loved the special effects!!! I honestly cannot wait for Eclipse. And I'm going to see New Moon again this week. Maybe Thanksgiving morning, I felt like a teenager in the movies and acted like one but I didn't really care that night. It felt good to feel like a kid again. I've already ran it by my boss that when the New Moon DVD comes out I would like to runt he midnight release party since I did the one for Twilight and it was a success. He agreed. SO stop by if you guys are in the area, even though it's still too early to talk about it, but it's soooo fun to be in!!

As you guys can see I still talk alot!! Hope to hear your stories too!!
stupid_lamb85
Wandering Through Town

Post by stupid_lamb85 »

I am back as well...although I am not sur eif anyone remembers me lol. I got pregnant last year and went MIA from lex. Now I have a beautiful 2 month old baby boy named...Linkin JASPER drake lol. for those I don't know and those who don't remember me my name is NIcci or Nix I am 23 I now have 2 baby boys 2.5 and 2 months. I am twilight obsessed which has led me to be paranormal YA and romance obsessed lol. I have spent the last week collecting stuff for my twilight xmas tree I had last year I bought nice black balls that I am gonna paint with twilight covers and quotes...OME...I just reread that and it doesn't sound right lol. I watched new moon on the advanced showing and LOVED it it is my favourite book and now my favourite movie. I am team edward but I love how the book made me feel it was the most emotional book I have ever read. The movie was perfect and even made me waver a bit towards team switzerland. ooo I also bought my twicon tickets for twicon toronto 2 weeks ago!!!! my first convention and I am soooo excited!!!!
My twilight diet blog http://nyxd.blogspot.com
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Hope, that sounds like a crazy experience, but SO MUCH FUN! I'm glad you made it and didn't have to sit in the front row with a kink in your neck. How fun that you work at Borders. I have one right down the street and I have applied to work there, but either they aren't hiring or I am not a good candidate. I can be patient though. Heeheee.

SL85, Oleander and LadyDi are planning on going to TwiCon Toronto as well (I don't know if they have tickets yet or not). How fun that you get to go. Congratulations on the birth of your new baby with a great name!

Openhome, it sounds like you will have a busy cooking day with Thanksgiving, but maybe since you don't like doing the dishes those can be ASSIGNED to the kids. Sounds like a good deal to me (of course when I was a kid I didn't like it much, but hey, I got to eat pie).
by Laniyeah on photobucket
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Hope: I'm so glad to see you here! Your movie experience was crazy and sounds like you had a blast! Like bac I had applied to Borders and Barnes and Nobel for a job, that would be a dream retail job for me, but never heard back from them. Oh well, maybe it was a good thing because I can guarantee you how my paycheck would be spent. :lol:

SL85: Congrats on the baby boy! Be sure to take a picture for us of your TW Xmas tree. Sounds like fun! I think it was Sprtygal who had one too if I remember correctly a few years ago.

Openhome: I hate doing dishes, but maybe you could use paperplates or something? I know, not as sophisticated, but hey it's practical, right? ;)
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I can't believe it! We can each have our own Jacob and Edward...LIFE SIZE!

JACOB

EDWARD

HMMmmmmm....I didn't see a Bella cut out. There must be more crazy females than crazy males. Or, maybe I just missed it. :lol:
by Laniyeah on photobucket
stupid_lamb85
Wandering Through Town

Post by stupid_lamb85 »

damn apparently the cutouts cant ship to canada...but whats nice is they convert everything to canada dollars for me and they have tons of cool twilight/new moon stuff I am loving the jewelry :)
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

I think it was Sprtygal who had one too if I remember correctly a few years ago.
No, not just Sprtygal, but the whole SLTA made a Twilight tree. We did it for the Festival of Trees and it was beautiful. Our tree got featured a few times on different TV programs, and I think it sold for over $5000 (but I don't remember for sure). The FOT has so many beautiful trees, and they 100% of the proceeds go to Primary Children's Medical Center. If anyone is in Utah the first week of Dec, you really should go check it out. They have much more than just trees on display.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

bac wrote:I can't believe it! We can each have our own Jacob and Edward...LIFE SIZE!

JACOB

EDWARD
:lol:
I am happily married. I am happily married. I am happily married.
Those are not a safe or sane thing to have around my house right now. The last thing I need is a life size Jacob.

Did anyone else catch the "cougar" line in New Moon? Made me cringe a little.
stupid_lamb85
Wandering Through Town

Post by stupid_lamb85 »

Variety: BEAUTIFUL!!!! what an awesome thing to be part of

well I had to brag. I just finished painting black christmas ornaments as the twilight covers....I am TERRIBLE at any type of artsy stuff but I am so proud of these I also painted red on white dollar store tulips!!!! I can't wait to put it up so I can take pictures...saturday for sure!!!!! I am goin gto get a massage at my moms college (student massages are cheap and they are really good) so I am gonna stop at the dollar store to find mroe things for my tree!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

I will be going to a convention in Toronto but it won't be Twi-Con (there are two coming this summer to the city). I hope it will be both equal in some ways and better in some ways to Twi-Con 2009 in Dallas. (Check out www.twilightadvisor.com for details.)
I'm glad everyone had such a good time at their respective New Moon events. I was able to chat with a 13 year old who had seen the film (no one else in my "F2F" group of friends has seen it yet - the group of us go Dec. 4) so that helped satisfy an itch, as did talking to the ether on my blog.
Best wishes to everyone as "turkey day" approaches.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!