Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by corona »

VirginiaMay wrote:
cullengirl wrote: I still can't go into the baking aisle of the store without bursting into hysterical laughter. :laughing:

Yes, I imagine so! :grin:

However, like "The Real" characters, I am still trying to piece together how baking became synonymous with other, um, household activities. Don't mind me though, I'll just follow along until it all clicks into place.
VirginiaMay, I had to go back several pages to pick up the gist of this thread, but I think I've got it now. It reminds me of that scene from Wide Awake (heavily edited version to follow):

B: “I could cook here. Break in the Cullen kitchen right.”

E: “Hmm. How could you live with yourself? Just barging in here and defiling the clean and virginal Cullen kitchen like some savage?”

B: “The kitchen loves me. I love the kitchen. And trust me, Edward, the kitchen really, really wants it.”
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Corona has the right idea. Euphemisms...Oh my, it has been so long since this thread has been active that I can't even remember some of the "terms". And I came along after the gutter was made so I don't know its "origin".

Here are some terms I can remember (if you can't get the idea of what they are then pm me):
Bake
Oven
Rolling pin
Apron (for protection)

Check old threads and maybe some friends can chime in with other terms. :think:
by Laniyeah on photobucket
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Hello, bac, thank you for your cooking references. Based on the terms you use, I think I get the general thrust of things.

Cheers to Charlie and Sue, one of my favorite couples. I’m a bit surprised they are making such extensive use of the Cheez Whiz; the Chief must have been getting tired of the beef stroganoff.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
The Real Seth Clearwater
Settled in Forks

Post by The Real Seth Clearwater »

:blush: Whoa!! :blush:

Mom?!? :blink:

TMI. Way, WAY too much!!

Bella was right, this place is weird.
I'm the easy going, good looking one. It's not easy being caught in the middle, but it sure can be fun!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

bac wrote:Corona has the right idea. Euphemisms...Oh my, it has been so long since this thread has been active that I can't even remember some of the "terms". And I came along after the gutter was made so I don't know its "origin".
Here are some terms I can remember (if you can't get the idea of what they are then pm me):
Bake
Oven
Rolling pin
Apron (for protection)
Check old threads and maybe some friends can chime in with other terms. :think:
Actually, we still have saved a Gutter Dictionary on a wiki. The only problem was that we couldn't post the contents here on the Lex because the explanations break the PG13 barrier. cullengirl, do you still have the link? Maybe someone can cut and paste certain sections of it on here. (If you want me to do it, let me know.)

Bob rules!
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

The Real Seth Clearwater wrote: :blush: Whoa!! :blush:

Mom?!? :blink:

TMI. Way, WAY too much!!

Bella was right, this place is weird.
Seth honey, did you miss the first post that said this is an adult thread?? :razz:

You know what they say about curiosity...

Oh, wait that was cats, not wolves. :grin:
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

:lol: Oh WHY didn't I log in over Valentines? Oh yeah, I was busy... in the kitchen. I was around way back then, but I'm old and my memory is fuzzy. Ask me questions, maybe it will jog something out of the belfry. Careful, you may not like what comes out. :oops:

So I'm here visiting Thundra. We're having WAY too much fun. Yesterday we went jean shopping and took no prisoners. We took something like 50 pairs of jeans into the dressing rooms and we both looked great in the same pair! Yes, different sizes, but it was a Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants moment. We accosted a woman and made her take pictures of our butts. We're planning more silliness today.

Had a lovely dream about Milo Ventimiglia last night. Going to eat Lucky Charms now, because that's what you do when you're visiting your BFF.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

*bac waves madly at Nissanmama*

Poor Seth. Thanks Virginia May for reminding him (and all other teens) to read the first page. If you want to read, you may see more than you'd like. At the same time, we are very good (like little angels) when it comes to sticking to the PG-13 rules. (insert angel smilie here)

Happy Birthday Virginia May!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

bac wrote:...we are very good (like little angels) when it comes to sticking to the PG-13 rules. (insert angel smilie here)
bac, carefull that your halo doesn't slip. I know mine is often a little off kilter. :o *snicker*

So discussion question: What movies do you think did justice to the books they were based on?

HaPpY BiRtHDay Virginia May!!!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Happy Birthday Virginia May!
So discussion question: What movies do you think did justice to the books they were based on?

The only one coming to mind right now is Pride and Prejudice. I love the version Keira Knightly made. I'm sure there are more, but it's Saturday so my brain is functioning on weekend power levels 8-)

Oh, and it isn't a movie, but I think the Broadway show Wicked was so much better than the book!! (it so rarely happens that anything...movie, show, etc.) is better than the book but in this case, the show was better, hands down!

Thank you Naureen!!